So now that we have had a while... [DWUW Poll]

EGOT2027

168 members have voted

1. 1. DWUW: The Better Version?

• R. Kelly
    • Christina

Featured Posts

Batwings

R. Kelly's voice suits the song better, but I prefer Christina's lyrics, and I feel like the song becomes more unified with the new lyrics.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

R Kelly

I love the Xtina version too though. She sounds amazing and it's so s-xy when they start singing together at the end. :toofunny: I think I just like the original better because Kelly was meant for the song, not just added on there, and really makes it feel like a true R&B jam, plus I love all the innuendos / the fact that it's sort of darker and less obvious in its themes. But I do genuinely like them both.

Disregard

Christina's vocals sound very garbled to me. And the lyrics on her verse are asinine coming from her. Her bones hurt from all the shows? She hasn't been on tour in 7 years and clearly her bones don't hurt from sitting in a chair on The Voice.

I have issues with R. Kelly as a person but I'd rather listen to the version with him on it.

Would have prefered R. Kelly's if he didn't sign "Do what I want with your body" instead of "Do what you want" because it sounds like those people that change the pronouns to fit their gender so they don't seem gay :ohwell:

LStephens11

She should've just pulled a Jewels N' Drugs and done Do What U Want feat. Christina Aguilera, R. Kelly & Rick Ross tbh :manicure:

:laughga:

R. Kelly by a clear mile.

I like Christina better as an artist, but her version felt very amateur and I also don't care for the verse that Gaga and Christina use in R. Kelly's absence. R. Kelly accelerates the song while the Christina version is just tepid and really goes nowhere.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived