💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When Gaga says "free her, free yourself..."

giskardsb

Featured Posts

Michelle

But I don't see her as being weak for taking on this issue.  There are many of stars who refuse to read what sensationalists critics write and refuse read things posted on the Internet.  They just pretend all this doesn't exist, and run away from the problem.  I don't see hiding from your haters as being stronger.  :shrug:

:applause:  

I accidentally deleted the other part I wanted to quote and your right.People were unhappy she was silent and unhappy she opened up.I just don't get people like that :shrug:

Lets go take a howl at that moon🌙 -Crowley

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mythos

It's not "cultish" to try to explain what she means when clearly many people don't understand it.

This is where much of the conflict between Gaga and some Fans is coming from.  Frame of Reference.

For many fans their Frame of Reference is TF/TFM Gaga.  They prefer that version, and thats fine that they prefer it.  Gaga however is shifting her Frame of Reference all the time.  Now, it's perfectly ok that some fans have trouble with that, but many don't even give Gaga a chance any more.  Anything she does that doesn't fit their frame of reference they jump on her for it, even if they like other stuff she is doing.  All Gaga is asking for is people to respect her choices and what she wants to do with her career.  Fans can respect her without liking which direction she's going.  It's really not that hard to say "I like this part of what Gaga is doing and not this other part, so I'll concentrate on the stuff I like and not the stuff I don't. " 

It kind of boggles my mind actually that fans are willing to personally destroy their own fan experience simply because they aren't willing to let go of what they don't like and hold on to what they do.  People would rather poison their own wells and get more and more angry rather than simply enjoying what Gaga gives that they like and ignoring the rest.  

Well, thats easy to say for her, but she should consider

- many fans from her fanbase are teenager (they act sometimes impulsive), she shouldn't take everything so damn serious what they say

- she hasn't delivered the most she promised for this Era, so ofcourse some are angry. Where is the respect towards fans, where is everything she said we are going to get?

Okay, we should forget everything that she said before and just concentrate in the present and what we have and be happy with it, that's what she wants.

- If you can't handle the internet, just stay away from it tbh. I get it thats its hard for her, but she isn't the first one that this happened to her and she will not be the last one

- respect needs to be earned, it aint for free

- she is trying to sell something, if people don't like it they will say it.

- she is making pop music and is nothing more than just a product. Product of so many people who make her to what she is, or was, and now seems to fall apart. 

And the whole text seems really cultish "disciples" "when you free me, you free you" and so on. Many people probably need it, and love her for that, and thats fine with me, but i definitely don't belong anymore to this lilmonsters group. 

Shadow

If there was any hate or media scrutiny... It sure didn't affect her album sales, single performances, social media popularity, or tour sales :later:

Don't you remember the dick comments? The media poked at her performances and attire then.

Silence those demons... . 🖤

Don't you remember the dick comments? The media poked at her performances and attire then.

Yeah but the GP as a collective still liked her and her records were selling well

LittIe Monster

What do u mean?

Things have been going downhill basically. Before ARTPOP came out everything was looking hyped and great but it's the exact opposite. 

@whoriscope ig

MonsterMum

Things have been going downhill basically. Before ARTPOP came out everything was looking hyped and great but it's the exact opposite. 

I would agree with you if I maybe was a long time fan of hers like some of you are. But you know what I just discovered Gaga in her Gaganess 6 weeks ago and to be honest Iooking back to older work and now I do see a change.

But the change I see I don't see as a negative thing. I can relate to it. 

I am a female, I'm a few years older then her but the change she made is my change too. When you are early 20s you think you could be the one changing the world, everyone must see you and all you awesomeness, the fiery Famega, very extrovert.

Now she's going towards her 30s and the change she has now is basically maturing. Instead of serving the world she is looking what serves her happiness, what do I stand for in this world, what's my place, what are my principles and values, was everything I thought I knew really the truth? By liberating herself, being free in her heart and mind she is empowering herself and you bet on it this is the Gaga we're gonna see throughout the years. And the preachyness will not go away, if anything it will get stronger when she gets older.

I wish I could do the same. The only thing that is keeping me from it is money. She has the money to liberate herself and focuss on developping her person. I have a job to do like plain Jane to support my kid, keep my house etc. But I applaud her for doing it nevertheless, I mean, can you imagine you could be the person you'd wanna be without social boundaries like jobs or school? Would that not be liberating? She can preach about love and kindness all she wants as far as I'm concerned, I believe her because of the spirit she is showing I know is the "real" Gaga coming through and I will applaud anyone to dare to really live their lives in a way they want to.

LittIe Monster

I would agree with you if I maybe was a long time fan of hers like some of you are. But you know what I just discovered Gaga in her Gaganess 6 weeks ago and to be honest Iooking back to older work and now I do see a change.

I am a female, I'm a few years older then her but the change she made is my change too. When you are early 20s you think you could be the one changing the world, everyone must see you and all you awesomeness, the fiery Famega, very extrovert.

Now she's going towards her 30s and the change she has now is basically maturing. Instead of serving the world she is looking what serves her happiness, what do I stand for in this world, what's my place, what are my principles and values, was everything I thought I knew really the truth? By liberating herself, being free in her heart and mind she is empowering herself and you bet on it this is the Gaga we're gonna see throughout the years. And the preachyness will not go away, if anything it will get stronger when she gets older.

I wish I could do the same. The only thing that is keeping me from it is money. She has the money to liberate herself and focuss on developping her person. I have a job to do like plain Jane to support my kid, keep my house etc. But I applaud her for doing it nevertheless, I mean, can you imagine you could be the person you'd wanna be without social boundaries like jobs or school? Would that not be liberating? She can preach about love and kindness all she wants as far as I'm concerned, I believe her because of the spirit she is showing I know is the "real" Gaga coming through and I will applaud anyone to dare to really live their lives in a way they want to.

If that's the case with Gaga, then I'm with her all the way! I just want her to be okay. 

@whoriscope ig

giskardsb

nice post thanks.  There is a tendency to hold female pop stars back in time.  Ie, Britney still singing and trying to do exactly the same things as when she was 18, JLo still working on Dance Pop, even Madonna acting like a 20 year old during MDMA.  Female pop stars can get trapped in their image and fans won't let them out.  I don't see that happening with Gaga, as she matures her personality will change and the type of music she makes will continue to evolve.  I don't see her at 40 years old trying to act like a 20 year old pop queen.  I think that was part of what she was making fun of in her "Old Gaga" skit on SNL.

MonsterMum

If that's the case with Gaga, then I'm with her all the way! I just want her to be okay. 

You know I been thinking about your hype comment.

I think she sometimes just found out how free she can be. Like a kid for the first time writing a proper word instead of a scrible and dying for the world to see.

Maybe her full stop with being injured has been a blessing in disguise in a way that she been able to rethink properly as how she really wanted to be.

Surely she put her sense of "being free but with a message" in her clothing but she did have a full operational manager at her side. Now she got rid of that and just running around in the world freely like a young fawn. It's gonna be a really interesting period now to see how she develops further. 

MonsterMum

There is a tendency to hold female pop stars back in time.  Ie, Britney still singing and trying to do exactly the same things as when she was 18, JLo still working on Dance Pop, even Madonna acting like a 20 year old during MDMA.  Female pop stars can get trapped in their image and fans won't let them out.  I don't see that happening with Gaga, as she matures her personality will change and the type of music she makes will continue to evolve.  I don't see her at 40 years old trying to act like a 20 year old pop queen.  I think that was part of what she was making fun of in her "Old Gaga" skit on SNL.

No I hope she can age with dignity as I call it instead of falling for the trap like for example Madonna. There is no shame in aging, Even people here are often "I wish we could see Famega again"  "I miss the old Gaga". Aging in the industry I think is much harder for women then for men. Men are always compared to wine, women aging are only referred to wrinkles and decay. 

Aging in the industry I think is much harder for women then for men. Men are always compared to wine, women aging are only referred to wrinkles and decay. 

IKR!!   I don't want to see Gaga have to get plastic surgery, but it's practically a requirement for any female star once they start to get wrinkles.   Meanwhile, men can get wrinkled as hell as still be stars.  :(

If Madonna had skipped all plastic surgery, could she have survived in this industry as long? 

MonsterMum

IKR!!   I don't want to see Gaga have to get plastic surgery, but it's practically a requirement for any female star once they start to get wrinkles.   Meanwhile, men can get wrinkled as hell as still be stars.  :(

If Madonna had skipped all plastic surgery, could she have survived in this industry as long? 

It's really no way to predict what she's gonna do. I hope she won't, just to state the fact that it's ok to age and the whole industry is toxic to especially women.

But on the other hand, if she still wanna play by the rules then she probably will.

Madonna...yeh I dunno what to say really, one moment I think she looks great other moment I think "what on earth have you done to yourself".  If anyone has an F U mentality it's Madonna but on that part she...I dunno just wanted to show she's as relevant as 20 years ago? I got no clue lol.

giskardsb

It's really no way to predict what she's gonna do. I hope she won't, just to state the fact that it's ok to age and the whole industry is toxic to especially women.

But on the other hand, if she still wanna play by the rules then she probably will.

Madonna...yeh I dunno what to say really, one moment I think she looks great other moment I think "what on earth have you done to yourself".  If anyone has an F U mentality it's Madonna but on that part she...I dunno just wanted to show she's as relevant as 20 years ago? I got no clue lol.

I hope Gaga forego's plastic surgery.  Just look at her Mom Cynthia, she is beautiful and yet accepts her age.  Cynthia is older than Madonna and looks much better, thats because plastic surgery really doesn't age well.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived