💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When Gaga says "free her, free yourself..."

giskardsb

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

You are offering advice on how she could better execute YOUR artistic ideas.   But unless your ideas and hers are in completely synchronicity, there is little to be gained from her listening to that advice.  There is no reason to believe that her artistic ideas would have been better articulated via "professionals" or other producers.  What is true for sure is that the art would be completely different.  She collaborates with her producers and they feed off each other.  ARTPOP would be a completely different album with different producers.   Now, it might be an album that some people like better, while others would like it worse. But there is no reason to believe that it would have been a better representation of Gaga's ideas if she used different people.  If she thought she needed different people to go where she wanted, she would have used them.  

All critique comes from a  frame of reference.  You have your frame of reference that you think would have improved Gaga's art.  I have mine.  Critics and bloggers have theirs.   Many fans constantly bring up the standards that are considered normal for pop music and their "critique" for Gaga is that she should be closer to that.   But Gaga has her own frame of reference, and all she's asking is that she be allowed to set her own frame of reference apart from other conflicting frames.

When it comes to critique, she should completely ignore critique that is from a frame of reference that she doesn't agree with.  And she should listen to critique from people who share her frame of reference.  Only Gaga actually knows where that line is.

Thank you for putting it in better words then I can  :hug:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BricksNStrings

This post is so true and actually kind of inspiring for an artist, Gaga aside :) thanks

Seringai

free her ( do not interfere her ) you will free your self ( you will have a life instead lurking on gaga everyday )  :lolgaga: LOL

Disregard

This is like emotional blackmail. As if there weren't enough fragile people in this fanbase. It's like one giant guilt trip to keep fans invested in her.

ManuelMonsterr

extremely strong pseudo-saviour cult leader-esque undertones in pretty much every sentence. she even called him a disciple, and at the crux of it she's saying "help yourself by helping me". it's vindictive. of course you can do all kinds of tap dancing to salvage deep meaning from the new age mumbo jumbo, but it's really all self-serving. "inprison me u inprison urself". not only did she use the wrong prefix, it sounds like a threat. a self-serving one! it is no coincidence that this is coming from her most critically maligned album era. "please don't ever criticise me again because it means all kinds of negative things about you". actually no, gaga, it doesn't.

exactly

its reverse psychology

like when she says, there is no one that loves you and fights for you the most as i do 

what she actually means is, love me and fight for me

she does it all the time since the MTB and its REALLY annoying creepy and offputting

This is like emotional blackmail. As if there weren't enough fragile people in this fanbase. It's like one giant guilt trip to keep fans invested in her.

sadly

maybe she feels that its the only thing she has left

ManuelMonsterr

I feel a bit sad. Gaga has shown so much weakness and vulnerability in the past year (especially in the past two days) and it's really off-putting. I look up to her to be strong. She was so strong and powerful in her first three eras. Now it's like looking at a shell of the woman she used to be. Saying things like "thanks for taking me back" and showing so much insecurity... I don't know if this is real or if it's all part of her grand theatrical performance, but it's not nice to watch. I don't want to see the girl behind the aura. I want her to go back to being the Lady Gaga. And tbh I can't wait for her to get out of this victim phase, because it's just sad to watch.

The thing i've been saying since she started preaching about how she was bullied to attract insecure fans since the end of the MTB

I've been having this feeling a lot from her these past couple of days.

same :(

ManuelMonsterr

I think she played the game she did in order to get to the point where she could stop playing the game.  If that makes any sense.  And I think that was her plan all along.

That is pretty obvious

but she is in a dangerous place rn the media can destroy her

and she doesnt seem to find the right balance between her art and her love for the fame

Judas Oyster

Yeah I totally agree with you. Wrote something like that for some hours ago, that she's being spiritual, that Abramovic was learning her that this last months or even years now by doing her stunts or the meditation compilation video. I've been listening alot to audio books by Eckhart Tolle, and they are in the same mental world. I wanna go there someday and stay there :)

Judas Oyster

I think she played the game she did in order to get to the point where she could stop playing the game.  If that makes any sense.  And I think that was her plan all along.

Can you explain this a little more please? :)

Redstreak

like when she says, there is no one that loves you and fights for you the most as i do 

she does it all the time since the MTB and its REALLY annoying creepy and offputting

Or maybe she really means it. People keep wishing BTW or her personality at that time would have never happened but what they forget is that that album and attitude saved lives. Not even just a figure of speech, people have legitimately come out saying that it stopped them from killing themselves. Imo that's more important than how many albums she can sell or how much she can act like a boss ass b---h.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

ManuelMonsterr

Or maybe she really means it. People keep wishing BTW or her personality at that time would have never happened but what they forget is that that album and attitude saved lives. Not even just a figure of speech, people have legitimately come out saying that it stopped them from killing themselves. Imo that's more important than how many albums she can sell or how much she can act like a boss ass b---h.

idk

it always feels like she does it for her cultish purposes

but its good that it saved lives so idk

giskardsb

Can you explain this a little more please? :)

she did the things and made the compromises necessary in order to achieve fame and her position in the music world, and now she wants to break down the barriers and explore her artistry more fully and freely.

:applause:

Wonderful a--lysis as always!!! :worship:

The problem is most everything you said is actually correct, and it's a problem because it requires a depth of understanding that is going to fly over or around the heads of many people on the internet. I'm not saying you have to be smart to understand what Gaga is saying, I'm just saying you have to have some insight and empathy to be able to meet her half-way. Empathy is in short supply on Twitter. :)

I love her message, and many fans love her message. But there are definitely a bunch of fans who are treating Gaga like a drive-thru, and they are screaming "I didn't order a ***** message! I ordered a VIDEO! Where is my VIDEO!!"

I'm not sure what to do about that, except ride this out and hope the impatient fans become customers of some other drive-thru artist? :)

She is dealing with a LOT, and having some management issues, and the fans griping at her isn't helping.

Elizabeth

I am so glad you're on the forum tbh. Your post was exquisite, really good read. What you said makes a lot of sense, thanks for posting!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived