Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

When Gaga says "free her, free yourself..."

giskardsb

Featured Posts

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
XoXoJoanneGaga

extremely strong pseudo-saviour cult leader-esque undertones in pretty much every sentence. she even called him a disciple, and at the crux of it she's saying "help yourself by helping me". it's vindictive. of course you can do all kinds of tap dancing to salvage deep meaning from the new age mumbo jumbo, but it's really all self-serving. "inprison me u inprison urself". not only did she use the wrong prefix, it sounds like a threat. a self-serving one! it is no coincidence that this is coming from her most critically maligned album era. "please don't ever criticise me again because it means all kinds of negative things about you". actually no, gaga, it doesn't.

All of this, she sounds completely nuts, but I hope her ideas are really more intelligent than this and that she just had a hard time articulating herself

MonsterMum

All of this, she sounds completely nuts, but I hope her ideas are really more intelligent than this and that she just had a hard time articulating herself

"please don't ever criticise me again because it means all kinds of negative things about you"

It's not nuts, in a way she hold up a mirror asking: if you critise what I do, what does that say about you.

Where do you stand all this and does it mean for example, you only here for pop music, or global hits, what is it that you want from her? Is it your nostalgia or hunger for fame?

She's basically just asking you to let all the preconceptions go.

XoXoJoanneGaga

"please don't ever criticise me again because it means all kinds of negative things about you"

It's not nuts, in a way she hold up a mirror asking: if you critise what I do, what does that say about you.

Where do you stand all this and does it mean for example, you only here for pop music, or global hits, what is it that you want from her? Is it your nostalgia or hunger for fame?

She's basically just asking you to let all the preconceptions go.

Sure I get that, but where does she draw the line between useful criticism and bad criticism? Is there a line for her at all? 

If I say: "ARTPOP suffers because the production sounds cheap and amateurish, if she wanted to make an EDM album she should have used professionals as opposed to trap DJ's", am I imprisoning her? Or am I just offering advice on how she could better execute her artistic freedom?

Batwings

I hope this doesn't sound too harsh or cruel, because I don't intend it to be, but honestly, with her posts over the past few days, I feel like she's incredibly depressed and stoned or drunk out of her mind, and a lot of us are just reading way too much into what she says. I'm not trying to oversimplify it or anything, but her posts have been pretty worrisome lately.

MonsterMum

Sure I get that, but where does she draw the line between useful criticism and bad criticism? Is there a line for her at all? 

If I say: "ARTPOP suffers because the production sounds cheap and amateurish, if she wanted to make an EDM album she should have used professionals as opposed to trap DJ's", am I imprisoning her? Or am I just offering advice on how she could better execute her artistic freedom?

Bit she is executing her artistic freedom to her likings otherwise she'd do different.

ARTPOP is. There no but,  that's it. She lets you explore her creativity through the CD.   

XoXoJoanneGaga

Bit she is executing her artistic freedom to her likings otherwise she'd do different.

ARTPOP is. There no but,  that's it. She lets you explore her creativity through the CD.   

So effectively it's "this is the art, take it or leave it"? There can be no in between? I can't enjoy the art but also point out flaws in it or areas where she could have done better? That type of mentality is just silly and it shuns critical thinking. 

I've been having this feeling a lot from her these past couple of days.

Look, if a client of mine plays me a song he/she is really excited about and I tell her/him: 'hon, I don't think this is your best work, you got better in you, go revise it or find something else to show me' and I get this kind of response... well... I would be a bit non plussed, and if it keeps happening I would suggest to the client to either take a long break or start making new age music, where anything goes.

Obviously we have a professional relationship, so I get PAID to listen and give my opinion.

It is a said fact that when you've reached the very top, there is nowhere to go but down - but then up again, if you have it in you.

Also, if you are part of the huge major label machinery, the expectations are downright soul killing, so it's understandable the girl finds it difficult from time to time.

But my thoughts are that  ms LG, as much as I love the crazy woman, is not a motivational speaker or coach.

The APP! They need to use the bloody app to communicate her pain and depression to her fans, VIA MUSIC. Period.

Just my two cents.

MonsterMum

Well sortof if you wanna see it in a black-white scenario.

The point of it all is to just have experiences together as she states she's "one of the fans/one of us". Just undergo things and see how it resonates to determine if she wants to stick to it or follow a new path.

She doesn't seem to want that "you should do this" "you need to go that direction with it" kinda thing.

By eliminating that you got all options possible and maybe through a detour end up the same place you never know.

Slayer

I feel a bit sad. Gaga has shown so much weakness and vulnerability in the past year (especially in the past two days) and it's really off-putting. I look up to her to be strong. She was so strong and powerful in her first three eras. Now it's like looking at a shell of the woman she used to be. Saying things like "thanks for taking me back" and showing so much insecurity... I don't know if this is real or if it's all part of her grand theatrical performance, but it's not nice to watch. I don't want to see the girl behind the aura. I want her to go back to being the Lady Gaga. And tbh I can't wait for her to get out of this victim phase, because it's just sad to watch.

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

Sister

Music is never all or nothing with fans or even just casual listeners. There will always be something to question, even with our own selves. A cult mentality will ruin Gaga's success even moreso than the damage so far. We shall see.

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

Well sortof if you wanna see it in a black-white scenario.

The point of it all is to just have experiences together as she states she's "one of the fans/one of us". Just undergo things and see how it resonates to determine if she wants to stick to it or follow a new path.

She doesn't seem to want that "you should do this" "you need to go that direction with it" kinda thing.

By eliminating that you got all options possible and maybe through a detour end up the same place you never know.

In which case she should avoid the spotlight and play/sing her music to her family and friends in a house in the woods somewhere - and people have done this.

By setting yourself up to be ultra visible you invite judgment. Some of it comes from jealousy, some from projection, some comes from simply stating an opinion because you a) buy it b) don't buy it.

The internet is a public forum and people discuss everything from fashion to music, and some of them are harsh and others not so much. But it is an open platform for opinions, and it will always remain so. Most people censor themselves in their daily lives, so the internet is the way for them to sound off. It's just a fact of life.

The process of meditation is the process of learning to quiet that "chattering monkey" and just be with the universe for a bit, to be a whole person rather than just 90% paying attention to those thoughts in your head.

Meditation can be a whole lot more than that, and combined with her "mercury left retrograde" advice, shes taking this to a whole new level, one I wont even explain cuz noone in the forum would get it, but she is clearly taking high level meditation and spiritual lessons.

wish people here opened up their minds just a little bit and stop calling it unhealthy and cult like, when its the exact opposite

And for everyone else, shes NOT shutting criticism off, she is shutting negativity off, and those are completely different things, why? because everyone acted like little babies because of how the GP reacted to ARTPOP, she is just saying TRUST ME! I KNOW WHAT IM DOING

giskardsb

You are offering advice on how she could better execute YOUR artistic ideas.   But unless your ideas and hers are in completely synchronicity, there is little to be gained from her listening to that advice.  There is no reason to believe that her artistic ideas would have been better articulated via "professionals" or other producers.  What is true for sure is that the art would be completely different.  She collaborates with her producers and they feed off each other.  ARTPOP would be a completely different album with different producers.   Now, it might be an album that some people like better, while others would like it worse. But there is no reason to believe that it would have been a better representation of Gaga's ideas if she used different people.  If she thought she needed different people to go where she wanted, she would have used them.  

All critique comes from a  frame of reference.  You have your frame of reference that you think would have improved Gaga's art.  I have mine.  Critics and bloggers have theirs.   Many fans constantly bring up the standards that are considered normal for pop music and their "critique" for Gaga is that she should be closer to that.   But Gaga has her own frame of reference, and all she's asking is that she be allowed to set her own frame of reference apart from other conflicting frames.

When it comes to critique, she should completely ignore critique that is from a frame of reference that she doesn't agree with.  And she should listen to critique from people who share her frame of reference.  Only Gaga actually knows where that line is.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived