💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Reminder: Applause is a Hit Single

Gypsy18

Featured Posts

What is OBAMA

Now that i have your attention, i just wanted to show all of you how Applause was NOT a FLOP and is rather a HIT!

So as we all know, Applause's peak on the billboard hot 100 is #4... well here are some other BIG HIT SINGLES that have only peak at #4 ALSO...

Say Something - A great big world ft. xtina

Wake Me Up - Avicii ( THIS WAS AND STILL IS A HUGE HIT WORLDWIDE BUT ONLY PEAKED AT NUMBER 4)

Hold On We're Going Home -Drake

Holy Grail - Jay Z ft. Justin Timberlake

OTHER HIT SONGS WHO DID NOT REACH NUMBER 1:

Radioactive -Imagine Dragons (peak #3 + one of best-selling song this year)

Safe and Sound - Capital Cities (peak #8)

Story Of My Life - One Direction (peak #6)

Anyways i hope that you realize that Applause has had a good run on the charts and is still top 30 on itunes compared to other hit songs + HUGE RADIO PERFORMANCE!!

P.S: The APPLAUSE MUSIC VIDEO HAS MORE VIEWS THAN THE BORN THIS WAY VIDEO EVEN IF BORN THIS WAY HIT #1 !!!!

This should shut up all the charts performance haters...

Thank you and appreciate the AWESOME music that Gaga makes for US!!

the peaks don't mean anything, that's true.

but you drag yourself by comparing applause to massive WW hit like Wake Me Up, or the massive US seller Radioactive(that has sold 3xtimes more than applause in the US)

peaks aren't as IMPORTANT that's true, Bad Romance didn't reach number 1 and it was probably gaga's biggest WW hit(if you combine the effect the song and the video had together for her career)

as for RADIO, the song performed WELL, but is in NO way a HUGE radio hit, Blurred lines is a HUGE radio hit, Roar is a HUGE radio hit, i don't like it when fans take things out of proportions, it did well on radio that's it.

and as for VIDEOS, the global brand that is VEVO has continued to grow and grow as years go by, since gaga released BTW it has only become bigger than it was back then, seriously TODAY'S HIT ALMOST ALL REACH 200M within months of premiere so the fact that applause has yet to cut that mark(and its pretty far from it too) just shows that she has lost A LOT of media appeal and interest wich was in her previous eras one of her strongest areas, as a matter of fact, she lost it since the BTW era when by the end of 2011 she had released 5 videos and only 1 had reached 100M(judas) and that was only 'cuz of the delicate topic she was facing in that video(the other was BTW wich reached it 2012) 

so, applause was a hit IN THE US, YES!

WW, it had a regular performance when you consider that is gaga's lead single 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like It Rough

130M AI

160M views (combinated)

Sold over 3M WW

14 weeks in BB top10

4M points on Media Traffic

Freddy

130M AI

160M views (combinated)

Sold over 3M WW

14 weeks in BB top10

4M points on Media Traffic

This.

Pretty much everyone in here now consider it a hit.

Pop Art

...seriously TODAY'S HIT ALMOST ALL REACH 200M within months of premiere so the fact that applause has yet to cut that mark(and its pretty far from it too) just shows that she has lost A LOT of media appeal and interest wich was in her previous eras one of her strongest areas...

I wouldn't quite say that. There are plenty of hits that haven't reached 200 million views on VEVO. Take the following, for example. All are songs that were released in 2013, that went Top 10 on the Hot 100, and have yet to reach 200 million views on VEVO.

Demi Lovato: Heart Attack - 170,885,589 views

Justin Timberlake: Mirrors - 152,106,733 views

Pitbull: Feel This Moment - 151,179,415 views

Lorde: Royals - 148,651,311 views

Lady GaGa: Applause - 134,483,459 views

Ariana Grande: The Way - 126,974,820 views

Imagine Dragons: Radioactive - 121,898,007 views

OneRepublic: Counting Stars - 121,647,202 views

Lil Wayne: Love Me - 102,857,131 views

Drake: Started From The Bottom - 102,601,822 views

Anna Kendrick: Cups (Pitch Perfect's "When I'm Gone") - 100,606,064 views

Eminem: Berzerk - 78,180,150 views