Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Back in Top 10 Albums WW! 1.425M Sold!

Arturo

Featured Posts

LeoFameMonster

As Arturo pointed out, that wouldn't be the case. PRISM has greatly benefitted from the Holidays' sales boost driven by its massive appeal towards the younger demographics, a luxury ARTPOP didn't have at that time. In addition to that, I find its sales to be decent enough for an album with two platinum hits already and 1 gold hit in the US alone. 

agreed, correct me if im wrong, but wasn't prism put on sale before ARTPOP and therefore would generate more sales in the last weeks that it was on sale than a full priced ARTPOP?? ARTPOP didn't go as fast as most other albums for the Xmas holidays

Actually not really. If you take away PRISM's last 2 weeks (since PRISM is 2 weeks older on Mediatraffic), it's still more than ARTPOP :shrug:

But prism went on sale before ARTPOP which spiked its sales. I just think that should ARTPOP and prism be released the same time and put on sale the same time ARTPOP would have sold more. i mean think about it, ARTPOP went on sale way after Prism did. Prism had a xmas sale for i think a week with all the other albums while ARTPOP was full price and ARTPOP went on sale near NEW years. Not sure but i still feel ARTPOP would have gotten the extra 3-400,000 sales if it came out weeks before and went on sale the same time all albums did 

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agreed, correct me if im wrong, but wasn't prism put on sale before ARTPOP and therefore would generate more sales in the last weeks that it was on sale than a full priced ARTPOP?? ARTPOP didn't go as fast as most other albums for the Xmas holidays

Yeah, and that would surely boost the sales of ARTPOP. However, I seriously doubt it could surpass PRISM's numbers even with an earlier release of a discount. For instance, both albums are currently offered for a discounted price of $6.99 on iTunes, and PRISM is still pretty much ahead of ARTPOP. As I'v said, I believe it's the difference of their appeal that gives KP's album an edge for now which was first established during the first week of Roar and Applause.  

What is OBAMA

prism was put longer, if gaga had the same time it would have run prism down

:toofunny: not really :toofunny: prism will sell MUCH more WW than ARTPOP by the end of both of the albums' run

ARTPOP will end somewhere over 2M but not reaching 3M

Prism could go as low as 4M or as high as 6M

Why not expect ARTPOP to keeping selling 70-75% of Prism?

Gaga is showing she is more tortoise than jackrabbit this era, and Katy is unlikely to match longevity of TD (especially outside North America).

PRISM is only ahead by 200k by removing US sales and its had 2 more weeks to sell than ARTPOP. She's too overrated lol.

If you remove PRISM's lowest 2 weeks of US sales from its WW sales then it's only ahead by 70k.

LeoFameMonster

Yeah, and that would surely boost the sales of ARTPOP. However, I seriously doubt it could surpass PRISM's numbers even with an earlier release of a discount. For instance, both albums are currently offered for a discounted price of $6.99 on iTunes, and PRISM is still pretty much ahead of ARTPOP. As I'v said, I believe it's the difference of their appeal that gives KP's album an edge for now which was first established during the first week of Roar and Applause.  

Maybe your right, but roar is played on the radio but many vine and youtube vids play applause in the background. So odd. I get Katy has a General Public appeal but honestly Do what you want is so big (well at least in canada) that both r kelly and christina are being played on top 6 and on radio in general. I think there will be a flip in sales next albums where katy does poorly as a result of Prism and Gaga does really well as a result of the strong singles ARTPOP has. Btw thanks for the discussion its refreshing to have one that is not well.. lame ;)

LeoFameMonster

:toofunny: not really :toofunny: prism will sell MUCH more WW than ARTPOP by the end of both of the albums' run

wait who fooled you and told you Katy Perry was a WW artist, gurl please lol but really Gaga is more internationally celebrated than miss purry and im 99.9% sure thats a fact, ask lysol ;) whose a bigger star in asia and india? katy got married in india and Gaga just went and was bowed down too.... lol

:party: And this only with 1 video for Applause from August + DWUW struggling everywhere without Its video (meaning that It could've always been a hit in a lot of countries with the video) :giveup:

Rollercoaster

The album is getting longevity from delayed video... which is actually a good thing. It could mean that the campaign for this album will stretch out for more than a year in total (from applause release to campaign end).

The great thing is that at the moment, many people love DWUW but it needs a video to really hit on any charts, however, it isn't doing poorly at all.

If she were to churn out insta-hit G.U.Y. in March with a slick, professional music video 24 hours later... no doubt she would top the billboard chart and many others easily.

Yes, the album benefits from discounts, but all of them do. What's required is planning when to discount. I think 1 week after the next video release would be perfect.

I think the album will sell a total of 5M by years end and have a similar sales pattern to teenage dream.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived