Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why was Applause ignored by the Grammys?

Born To Slay

Featured Posts

River

It's the year of Lorde anyway, so who cares?

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does it deserve to win? That's debatable. But does it deserve to at least be nominated? I strongly think so. Have it been a legitimate smash hit similar to Roar, it would be hard for it to simply be ignored - considering some nominations are just there to attract viewers from certain fanbases.  

Bambino

Maybe Gaga didn't submit Applause :shrug:

I think it was said that Interscope did submit the song :huh:

GagaMyBlood95

Grammy's suck!

They only choose hit songs, smash songs ( see Roar) and that's it really...

Phoenix

They only look on popularity of song. They don't really look on quality. 
They gave Katy Perry a nominee for best live, vocal. Something like that. And in this Prism Era she gave us her worst live performances ever. #noshade

💎

HuntyBooBoo

Oh the denial. The Grammys are...one of, if not...the most prestigious award a musician can earn.

You are far reaching to claim they are "worthless" or "irrelevant".

HuntyBooBoo

I just asked you to do one thing, to stay awake and watch me and to wake me up if it looked like I was having a bad dream, and what did you do, you ****? Let this era happen.

Computer

She's lives for the applause applause applause not the grammys grammys grammys I guess :shrug:

💚💛💕❣⭕💢💢 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡⓨ ©ⓗⓡⓘⓢⓣⓜⓐⓢ

MonsterMarty

I don't understand the exclusion from Short Form Video at all. Applause is artsy fartsy, I thought they'd jump to nominate it in that category. Roar is nominated due to its sales, it won't win unless the Grammys decide to give away the shred of credibility it has left. Daft Punk needs to sweep the awards realistically, especially Album Of The Year.

I miss when the Grammys were about QUALITY over SUCCESS.

I lost faith in the award show when Bad Romance didn't win ROTY, and BTW got absolutely NOTHING.

I was shocked and disappointed that APPLAUSE got nothing, neither the video, nor the song...Because, after all, The Grammys are the most renown awards show. Applause winning SOTY/ROTY is highly debatable, but Applause winning best short form MV and BPVP is DEFINITELY well-deserved.. Let alone being nominated.. :crossed::ohno:

And I'm even more pissed ROAR got so much recognition.

Because, for one, ROAR IS TRASH. That was my immediate opinion about it, and I am still entitled to it.

Roar didn't even deserve to be nominated.. But instead Roar is overrated and Gaga has been snubbed once again.

MonsterMum

Did "Brave" get a nomination? Should Sarah and Katy accept the award together...or no?

No they will send someone from the creaters of autotune to pick it up for Katy.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived