Venus, will it do well?  

231 members have voted

1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

Venus as a single is gonna sink harder and faster than the Titanic. Sexxx Dreams was originally contender for the first single over Applause so yes I'll keep dreaming because it can definitely be a future single.

well thats good bc the titanic didnt sink fast Edited by Pyrenti

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• LordDisick

Gypsy needs to be the third single. Venus can come after :manicure:

No thanks, I think the studio version of Gypsy is quite dreadful. It's so much better acoustic. 

Dean Winchester

It's not that Venus isn't radio friendly, it has grown on me tremendously but I only see it as a fan song. The lyrics are cringewrothy. Gaga has had strange lyrics in the past but the GP were able to relate to them in a way because they were about relationships.

but venus is about s-x and love too which the GP should be able to connect with.  If the GP could relate to "Applause" im sure they can relate to "Venus".  Maybe it just my opinion, but to me the lyrics are amazing cuz they are written in a totally different structure from which most gaga songs or even pop songs are written.  Well, my point is u can't say that the lyrics are cringeworthy just cuz u dont like them  :toofunny: Venus could flop but it could just as well be a hit  :)

Bad Romance was far from being safe. It was a risk she took and it ended up paying off. I'll give you that all the others were "safe" though, except maybe Alejandro and MTN, which I wouldn't consider safe. And we all know what happened with MTN

MTN did badly cause the Born This Way era was dragged for too long. Also that long video didn't help.

Weasel

Bad Romance was far from being safe. It was a risk she took and it ended up paying off. I'll give you that all the others were "safe" though, except maybe Alejandro and MTN, which I wouldn't consider safe. And we all know what happened with MTN

Well I still don't know why Bad Romance took off, but the same goes for some other songs. Overall her songs aren't too risky. So yes, Venus could work. We will never know untill it's released. I do think Venus could have a really cool video. 

but venus is about s-x and love too which the GP should be able to connect with.  If the GP could relate to "Applause" im sure they can relate to "Venus".  Maybe it just my opinion, but to me the lyrics are amazing cuz they are written in a totally different structure from which most gaga songs or even pop songs are written.  Well, my point is u can't say that the lyrics are cringeworthy just cuz u dont like them  :toofunny: Venus could flop but it could just as well be a hit  :)

I mean come on who relates to Applause lyrics like, One second I'm a Koons? And Applause did great. 

Stefani328

I hated Venus at first, but now I love it. I don't hate the song, I just think people won't understand it and just write it off as another weird Gaga song. Gaga got away with bring branded weird and her songs weird and them still being a hit in 2009 and 2010. In 2013, not so much.

Dean Winchester

I mean come on who relates to Applause lyrics like, One second I'm a Koons? And Applause did great. 

Exactly, the thing is we're the fans so we will never be able to predict what the GP will like and what they won't so basically our predictions for what should be a single and not are completely inaccurate.  

Gagaloo911

MTN did badly cause the Born This Way era was dragged for too long. Also that long video didn't help.

This is true. I guess we'll never know if MTN could have done well had it come earlier :giveup:

Well I still don't know why Bad Romance took off, but the same goes for some other songs. Overall her songs aren't too risky. So yes, Venus could work. We will never know untill it's released. I do think Venus could have a really cool video. 

Exactly. I think with a great video and if the song grows on people it could do alright! Not smash by any means, but do well enough :yes:

Exactly. Applause is not that relatable imo and it was in Top 10 of Hot 100 for 2 months straight :legend:

Stefani328

Applause is infectious.It's the beat. A few causal fans I know have no idea what a koons is and they sing it at the top of their lungs clapping along the way and they are my age, plus they loved Gaga when she was extremely popular. I wouldn't call them stans or even fans but they love Gaga.

Edited by Stefani328

Exactly, the thing is we're the fans so we will never be able to predict what the GP will like and what they won't so basically our predictions for what should be a single and not are completely inaccurate.  

I can't see why people won't ever understand this. Tbh I played Venus and Sexxx Dreams for three or my friends who only like mainstream music and they only remembered and liked Venus. 

Not that three people can be generalized but even the mainstream bunch has different tastes. 

Applause is infectious.It's the beat. A few causal fans I know have no idea what a koons is and they sing it at the top of their lungs clapping along the way and they are my age, plus they loved Gaga when she was extremely popular. I wouldn't call them stans or even fans but they love them some Gaga.

So what does this have to do with Venus exactly? Venus has more hooks than any other song haha.

OH and btw Sexxx Dreams will be censored on the radio to that dreadful safe version, itch dreams or whatever. No point in picking that.

Edited by Philip

Stefani328

I can't see why people won't ever understand this. Tbh I played Venus and Sexxx Dreams for three or my friends who only like mainstream music and they only remembered and liked Venus. 

Not that three people can be generalized but even the mainstream bunch has different tastes. 

So what does this have to do with Venus exactly? Venus has more hooks than any other song haha.

My point is Applause may sound weird and there are parts that are weird but as a whole Venus is much less appealing, from the intro to the bridge. The bridge alone. As I said before my opinion.I just don't see Venus doing as well as Applause if released.

My point is Applause may sound weird and there are parts that are weird but as a whole Venus is much less appealing, from the intro to the bridge. The bridge alone. As I said before my opinion.I just don't see Venus doing as well as Applause if released.

Fine. I respect your opinion but I still disagree. :) 

• Shadow locked this topic