231 members have voted

1. 1. How well would it do?

• Bad romance 2.0
    • Applause kind of hit.
    • Unconditionally
    • MTN

Featured Posts

Stefani328

Gypsy will be perfect for the winter and if she performs it at the Grammy and Brit Awards it may  do wonders. She also needs something to help album sales. I don't see Venus being the song that will push album sales. I just want Gypsy to have an awesome video and one that's on time if it's third single. Save Venus for last, but not now.

I would love for Sexxx Dreams to be a summer single but I don't see that happening and that edited version takes away from the song. I just get excited thinking about third single options.

Edited by Stefani328

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Stefani328

• Gagaloo911

• Dean Winchester

• ManuelMonsterr

Dean Winchester

I understand y'all want the album and next single to smash, but honestly, those who play it safe never end up being remembered. It's those who take a chance and take risks who are remembered.

She's been playing it relatively safe this era, so I wouldn't mind her going out on a limb and taking a risk with something like Venus. It's an amazing song.

Though I don't mind either way. Third single could be whatever and I'm here for it. I just want Venus as a single at some point. Maybe fourth or fifth if not the third.

THIS is exactly how i feel  :worship: Im soo happy to know that someone else finally shares my perspective.  Saying that Venus is not radio friendly is not really a valid excuse to not release it as a single since most of gaga's most iconic hits have been risky choices such as Poker Face and Bad Romance.  Im up for gaga taking a risk once again, since thats basically what makes her gaga.  

Edited by Dean Winchester

Gagaloo911

Well I wonder how many people that were sad about Venus still want it as a single. It's obviously not radio friendly and G.U.Y. and Gypsy are way safer singles. 

And Bad Romance was? No. Gaga herself has stated she got lucky with Bad Romance. It's not what I would consider "radio-friendly". AT least not when it came out anyway. Now that it smashed and is iconic it seems like it is tho.

Venus could always end up getting lucky just the same and do well, or at least mediocre or average like Applause did. We want to act like we know what will and will not smash, but time and time again has proved that we have no idea. You can't predict the future, no matter hw much you think you know.

Venus is a 50/50 chance. Risky? Yes. But that shouldn't stop her from orchestrating her vision. That's not what an artist does. An artist goes with their vision if they have any integrity at all, and Gaga is most certainly an artist.

Gagaloo911

She always picked the safest songs from each album though. The only risky single I can remember is Judas. 

Bad Romance was far from being safe. It was a risk she took and it ended up paying off. I'll give you that all the others were "safe" though, except maybe Alejandro and MTN, which I wouldn't consider safe. And we all know what happened with MTN

Illuminati Freak

You can kiss that goodbye right now, cause that definitely is not happening. You're in denial if you think it is. But hey, believe it if you wanna!

Venus as a single is gonna sink harder and faster than the Titanic. Sexxx Dreams was originally contender for the first single over Applause so yes I'll keep dreaming because it can definitely be a future single. 

Edited by Illuminati Freak

Ambrosia

Let's just wait and see.  ;)  Who knows how radio will embrace it?  But after that, I'll be holding up my poms-poms for Gypsy.  :party:   I guess I've let go of Aura - my favorite Gaga song in everland. :noparty:

Do not do to others what angers you if done to you by others. -Socrates

I don't mind Venus as the next single, or the single after, or the last (or all of them, lol).

I feel like the imagery she was going with before (DWYW was rush released) was meant for Venus. The crimped and humongous blonde hair, the frosted/'no' lashes, rounded contacts- all fit in with the single cover. I liked all of that, it was incredibly interesting.

Also, the performances were great (even the occasionally awkward acoustic guitar), so yay more.

3 points in and ready for more

Stefani328

THIS is exactly how i feel  :worship: Im soo happy to know that someone else finally shares my perspective.  Saying that Venus is not radio friendly is not really a valid excuse to not release it as a single since most of gaga's most iconic hits have been risky choices such as Poker Face and Bad Romance.  Im up for gaga taking a risk once again, since thats basically what makes her gaga.  

It's not that Venus isn't radio friendly, it has grown on me tremendously but I only see it as a fan song. The lyrics are cringewrothy. Gaga has had strange lyrics in the past but the GP were able to relate to them in a way because they were about relationships.

Gagaloo911

I'm sort of biased because I'm not the biggest fan of Venus but I love love love songs like G.U.Y. and Sexxx Dreams and Gypsy. I do see what you're saying though.

Trust me, I LOVE G.U.Y. and Gypsy they're my other faves from the album and also deserve to be singles. I honestly can't decided between Venus, G.U.Y. or Gypsy as third single so I'll be happy with any of the three! Sexxx Dreams, while good, I don't think would be a good choice, but who knows :shrug:

Exactly. Bad Romance was a huge risk and look how well that paid off for her. Not to say Venus will be the next BR as it could well flop, but what is Gaga without taking those risks? It's why I love her. Sje's not about playing it safe all the time and loves to go out on a whim

Gagaloo911

Venus as a single is gonna sink harder and faster than the Titanic. Sexxx Dreams was originally contender for the first single over Applause so yes I'll keep dreaming because it can definitely be a future single. 

I'm not saying it won't ever be a single, I just really don't think it's gonna be the third one. And there you go acting like you know how it will play out for Venus. You don't. Sure, you could be right, but what fun is there in not taking risks? This is Gaga not katy perry. And Sexxx Dreams would be risky too tbh.

Stefani328

Bad Romance was far from being safe. It was a risk she took and it ended up paying off. I'll give you that all the others were "safe" though, except maybe Alejandro and MTN, which I wouldn't consider safe. And we all know what happened with MTN

Bad Romance wasn't safe but it had an awesome chorus and beat. No chorus on ARTPOP is even close and Aura has the greatest chorus on the album, IMO. If only the intro and some of the verses weren't so messy. It is the ultimate Gaga song. Going to listen to it now.

o<(0_0)>o

I think Venus is probably going to be the 3rd single from ARTPOP. I say this because Venus was originally supposed to be the 2nd single but Gaga and Interscope decided to release DWUW first instead. So I think Gaga will try to make it up to the fans that were dissapointed by the fact that Venus was no longer going to be the 2nd single and therefore she will probably release it as the 3rd. Also there is a high probability that the video for Venus had already been finished and therefore it will be easy for Gaga to release it at the same time or close to the single. Also lets take into account the fact that Gaga typed Venus at the end of her Merry Christmas tweet. And as we already know, Gaga tends to hide hints in her tweets about something happening in the future.

Finally, it is definitely not confirmed that Venus will be the 3rd single, she could still release any other song on ARTPOP instead. But as time passes, it certainly seems more and more likely that Venus will be released next.

+ the artRave stage will be Venus-inspired as Gaga said so i don't see any smarter (and more obvious as well) choices for the 3rd single.

Edited by Edge

• Shadow locked this topic