Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

A must read! The reasons for the video delay (no JK)

MonsterMum

Featured Posts

MonsterMum

It's hard for singles to do well around this time of year because of radio, she might be waiting until the holidays are over and radio is steady again

If the person can't post here, there's a reason why that post wasn't made

Because you need to have 50 posts before opening a thread  ;)

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont be so sure that poker face video was basic. Most people were stunned by how futuristic it felt. We need to keep the pre TFM perspective in mind.

Yeah, no. The Poker Face video was shot in someone's backyard. It's as basic as you can get.

You mean the era where they didn't know what to do with the singles? BDF flopped so they demoted it to "promotional single" and quickly put out Poker Face. They didn't know if they wanted to put out LoveGame or Boys Boys Boys. They sent out Eh Eh to random countries to see if it would catch on. Gaga wore the same wig and outfit for a year because her label wouldn't give her enough money to do anything else. They didn't know whether they wanted to stop after Paparazzi but Gaga decided to go with Bad Romance. 

I mean, are we going to ignore the fact that her team has always struggled or are we going to act like it's a new thing? Selective memory is a b---h.

None of this would be happening if Venus were the single just sayin

tumblr_m7momrdXaj1qlvwnco1_400.gif

Exactly, because they would've pulled a Katy and rushed out the third single because Venus would be in the 300s on iTunes and struggling on the Bubbling Under charts.

i just don't get why everyone isn't saying it…but its doing better than Do What U Want and Dark horse is sadly gonna slay…like it totally will sadly

i just hope Gaga's 3rd single can compete…i honestly think VENus would've been just as good as this and gaga wouldve been better choosing GYPSY as the 2nd single because i don't think its gonna get any better

They went with Dark Horse because it was already performing well and they wanted to cover up how badly Unconditionally flopped. Dark Horse has already sold over 1m copies so of course it's doing better, it has a massive head start.

You mean waste 6 weeks of radio growth, just as it's set to enter top 10 on US radio, and start again and wait another 6 weeks for some other song? 

No common sense allowed. If a single isn't #1 in the second week, YOU MUST MOVE ON!

heavymlover

Insider or not, it does have sense. At this point we all know that either Interscope didn't like the video, or they are waiting for an specific date (Christmas or New Year's eve, perhaps). It doesn't help that Gaga recently lost her manager.

PatrickMonster

If this is true, she is being stupid for losing momentum. Turn Do What U Want into a promo single, as it should've been, release Gypsy or G-U-Y instead as the second single, with a decent video to boot. Or even Venus, she had a video for that aligned with Inez & Vinoodh already, didn't she? Anyway... DWUW is done. Time to move on.

nnn She cannot turn a single back into a promo single  :toofunny:  DWUW is not done, it's still growing on the radio, so stop this meltdown PLEASE!

monketsharona

People who are blaming R. Kelly just make me laugh... When the single was out everyone was saying 'Oh God he's so good on this track ! He's a Legend !' 

Now everyone one is saying he's the reason why the single is not working good and he has to be replaced by Christina... I'm just calling that 'biting the hands that feeds you'... To me those people are not better than Azealia Banks (blaming Gaga and Pharell for her flopping career)

I'm not against a video including Christina and Rick Ross, BUT replacing R. Kelly : NO ! He's part of the single, he has to be in the video. 

Anyone with enough knowledge about Gaga's current situation could have drawn these conclusions. I doubt this is actually "insider info".

lwv.gif

Vernier

Sorry, though the person makes some points, I find it hard to believe anyone on the internet when they say they're "connected" or "know stuff" unless it's actually explicitly proven to be true

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

dutchyguy

I don't get why people want this video so bad, I'm really not here for a video with just gaga and r kelly grinding it up with a white background. I really just don't care.

Except, the Just Dance video is basic. Even the Poker Face video is basic. When Bad Romance dropped, everyone hated it and they thought she was ruining her career. When Telephone's video premiered, people bashed it and called it "too much". When the Alejandro video premiered, there was a collective groan inside of the fanbase.

Are you talkng about Gaga's most iconic video? The one who delivered the look that Gaga will be remembered for?

ladygagapokerface.jpg

Archived