nakedidea

Featured Posts

xzxyyxzx

Aura would of ruined her already tarnished image I'm glad she didn't release it

tumblr_inline_n1xp9g1IQs1sss11u.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Venus was NOT the first single choice.  Venus wasn't even written until after Swinefest.

Gaga wanted Aura, that got shot down.  The next two choices were Applause and Sexxx Dreams. The label chose Applause.

I actually wish she sang Aura's chorus 3 times instead of 2!  I think it's the strongest chorus on ARTPOP and one of her best ever.

Don't quote things I said 9 months ago :emma: I was basing that information off of what we knew back then.

Venus was written and produced like after Applause came out

ARTPOP and Gypsy were never candidates, only Applause and Sexxx Dreams

HaveAnOysterBBy

I hope venus is next.. I mean if there is Even another single :deadbanana:

hoodrat

I really do believe that she wanted Aura to be the first single. I know it's titled AURA, but the implications of the burqa are essentially what the song is about. When Tara said we would "pee our pants when we hear the next single" on July 4, 2012, I'm pretty sure she was talking about Aura.

During the BTWB she began wearing clothes that resembled burqas:

September 2012-London Fashion Week

Burqa.jpg

January 2013-BTWB

lady-gaga-pink-burka-2.jpg

Also, when Cake Like Lady Gaga was released in September 2012, it contained the lyric "Burqa swag like Lady Gaga"

Basically, all of this happened before Applause was ever written (early 2013, hip recovery). And the first time she announced/revealed lyrics to Sexxx Dreams was February 2013. When she said in interviews that Sexxx Dreams was in contention to be the first single, it was about Jimmy Iovine deciding between Applause and Sexxx Dreams, not what SHE was deciding between. She literally said "Jimmy Iovine was also very fond of a song called Sexxx Dreams when I played songs for him." Also, when Applause was released, she was very candid about it being the label's decision, not her's.

No one actually knows when Venus was written, but the fact she NEVER hinted it in the slightest or posted lyrics to it until right before ARTPOP was released is telling. Whenever she's excited about a song she can't help but give us clues or at least tweet lyrics. Remember when she called herself a "gypsy" on Oprah way back in 2012? Remember when she revealed GUY in a Stylist magazine interview in 2012? If she really wrote Venus around the time of Aura/GUY/Gypsy and and wanted it to be the first single, I'm pretty sure she would've worn at least a seashell or something back in 2012.

Remember when she tweeted this?

Lady Gaga â€@ladygaga  8 Jun 2012
Exciting news little monsters! I've played my new record for my label and will be announcing my new Album Title in September! X

Yeah, when did we get the album? November 2013...that's 17 months after she first played the album for Interscope. I'm thinking in June 2012 she played what she had in mind for ARTPOP, and told them she wanted Aura to be the lead single. After hearing that, Interscope probably freaked out and said "No, get back in the studio and write some more relatable/poppy stuff because this is too risky." I'm thinking that Applause (and many of the other tracks on the final version of ARTPOP...) was their solution. I'm pretty sure TEA was on this 2012 version of ARTPOP as well. Basically, the label didn't like whatever the first version of ARTPOP was in 2012, nor the idea of Aura being the lead single, because of the controversy it would cause.

Anyway, none of us will ever know what truly happened, as Gaga likes to keep these problems behind the scenes. What does really suck is when something underperforms because of safe decisions OTHER people make for you. Even if Aura flopped as a first single, I doubt Gaga would regret it if it was her vision/decision.

drinkmytears

Don't quote things I said 9 months ago :emma: I was basing that information off of what we knew back then.

Well, we knew that information back then, nice coverup though...

but anyways, sorry I didn't even look at the date I hadn't seen this thread and someone bumped it...

TimisaMonster

It all comes down to Jimmy Iovine who didn't want Aura, Sexxx Dreams, Venus, etc to be the lead, but he wanted an ARTPOP reject that would be a safe GP friendly song. :ohwell: 

Stream my new single, 💜"Heartbeat"💜, on Spotify!

StressedOut

Y'all need to stop, it's not like someone is going to go back in time to change the single lmao

Klou

I think Aura or GUY would have made excellent lead singles and personally think they would have done better than Applause. They have that "Gaga" feel and oomph I expect from her.

Archived