💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga is among World's Best Selling Artists.

Foivos

Featured Posts

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excuse me no. Madonna's sales are some of the most inflated. She's still on par with Elton John and well under 300 million, much closer to 275-280m. Her sales got inflated before Confessions was released to pretend she was selling Michael Jackson amounts of records. She has incredible sales without inflating them to the hilt.

Gaga is ball-parking 90-100 million records based on ~25 million albums + ~70 million singles (based on certs but infalted to 90-110 million depending on which person makes the intro for her on X-Factor) totalling ~95 million records.

*She's sold over 200 million albums and over 100 million singles, she's definitely not below 300m.

*Unless you have receipts for those inflated sales (real receipts not just theories and ****) then come to me.

MonsterMarty

She's sold over 200 million albums and over 100 million singles, she's definitely not below 300m.

Unless you have receipts for those inflated sales (real receipts not just theories and ****) then come to me.

Madonna's sales began in 1982. Her tracked sales are under 165 million in certs (albums + singles), go to that Wikipage this thread is based on and see the certs for yourself to the left of her estimated/inflated totals. Her album sales have been bumped in the last decade by several million - Immaculate went from 23 million to suddenly 30 million when GHV2 dropped in 2001. You can't sell another 7 million copies without certs changing or not charting anywhere. 

Best examples:

Ray of Light went from 16 million in 2009 to 20 million in 2011. <5 million of these in the US? Madonna doesn't sell records under 1/4 of her records in the US. Now factor in it's certified 7x platinum from Europe that's a total of 12 million. Estimating 16 million WW was about right considering what's left to factor in, if not a little high. 20 million was to push up her inflated total estimate.

Music has sold "15 million" worldwide yet has sold less than 3 million copies in the US? Now she's selling 5:1 WW:US. Add in Europe's 5 million in sales = 8 million. How can another 7 million come from the rest of the world?

American Life has sold <700K copies in the US, and less than 1.5 million in Europe, but has WW sales of over 5 million. That's higher than 5:1 US:WW. What countries are buying these millions of extra albums to make up the sales?! 

Look at album certs from Like A Prayer onwards and you'll see it's not even close for some records, and then very accurate for others (Erotica's sales at 6m, Bedtime Stories 7m, MDNA 1.8m, Hard Candy 4m, etc are all fair estimates). Post-Thriller being best-seller for a second year in a row, counting and certs stepped up their game to track much better meaning Madge's sales from Like A Virgin onwards are very accurately tracked compared to records before them. Her sales were estimated at 250 million after COADF dropped, so unless she's sold an extra 35-45 million records nobody heard about since 2006 her sales are at very most 280 million.

It's funny her sales began jumping in the early 2000s when Mariah Carey's certs began climbing ever higher... Mariah's still easily below with under 130m certs but was gaining fast right when Madge's estimates flew up tens of millions.

notamember

You are right but it's not like ARTPOP will outsell Talk That Talk and Unapologetic by much :emma:

Aw you're a great fan.....

WarriorPrince

Aw you're a great fan.....

hm i'm just stating some facts  :lmao:

i just deal with reality which doesnt make me less of a fan as you so go take a seat please 

tumblr_inline_mxawc1tNCx1qfvd09.gif

• Mills locked this topic

Archived