Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga is among World's Best Selling Artists.

Foivos

Featured Posts

When the majority of your record relies on single sales, it's not that impressive tbh. Gaga, Rihanna, and Katy are on the low end of highest sellers. Call me when one of them sells 100 million ALBUMS.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Except Gaga already peaked commercially and Rihanna sells more records than her now :emma:

That's only cause Rihanna has her collabs :emma:

WarriorPrince

That's only cause Rihanna has her collabs :emma:

Yeah, and Rihanna's biggest hit of her career is "Love the way you lie" and it's not even her song, she's a feature...

I'm not shading her, I love her, but it's true..

WFL outsold BTW (5M vs 3.9M)

Diamonds outsold Applause (3M vs ~2.5M)

Stay outsold TEOG (3.2M vs 2.8M)

WHYB, YDO and PIU outsold Judas and MTN (2M ; 1M ; 1.2M vs 942k ; 622K)

Let's not even bring UK and Australian sales into this :emma:

Rihanna sells more now even as a solo artist.

GagaMyBlood95

WFL outsold BTW (5M vs 3.9M)

Diamonds outsold Applause (3M vs ~2.5M)

Stay outsold TEOG (3.2M vs 2.8M)

WHYB, YDO and PIU outsold Judas and MTN (2M ; 1M ; 1.2M vs 942k ; 622K)

Let's not even bring UK and Australian sales into this :emma:

Rihanna sells more now even as a solo artist.

I don't see you mentioning her album sales  :staymad:

WarriorPrince

I don't see you mentioning her album sales  :staymad:

You are right but it's not like ARTPOP will outsell Talk That Talk and Unapologetic by much :emma:

GagaMyBlood95

You are right but it's like like ARTPOP will outsell Talk That Talk and Unapologetic by much :emma:

Well YOU are right about that unfortunatelly  lol

When the majority of your record relies on single sales, it's not that impressive tbh. Gaga, Rihanna, and Katy are on the low end of highest sellers. Call me when one of them sells 100 million ALBUMS.

No artist who started in the mid-2000s would ever sell 100 million ALBUMS in the near future, given the massive decline of album sales in general since the said time period. And it would only continue to decline even further as internet continues to grow. To expect anyone of them to do that feat is calling oneself nothing but disappointment.

The notion that it's easy as pie to sell 100 million singles at this day and age is a fallacy in itself where countless artists out there are striving to move their worldwide record sales to 50 million. Those three are widely considered as the biggest female pop stars of the mid-2000s to early 2010s because what they did throughout the years IS impressive, sales-wise. Otherwise, someone else would be on their spots right now.  

MikeyMoonShine

Why are we having this conversation? Rihanna releases an album every year and her music is specifically designed to chart and sell well.  

Gaga does what she wants and sells well despite that. 

also Gags sales if they're right ????

25 million albums

Just Dance - 10 million

Poker Face - 14 million

LoveGame - 3 million

Paparazzi - 5 million

Bad Romance - 11 million

Telephone - 8 million

Alejandro - 5 millions

Born This Way - 9 million

Judas - 2 million

The Edge of Glory - 5 million

You and I  - 3 million

Marry The Night - 1 million

Applause - 3 million

= ~ 80 million singles

TOTAL = 105 million ???

pretty good but she needs to do more commercial stuff (like she did before) if she wants to sell more.

I think she had passed 125M WW, according to BillBoard...
Yeah, somewhere around there. Not sure if Wikipedia just hasn't been updated yet or if the BB number combines albums and singles.
Im blonde, I'm skinny, I'm rich, and I'm a little bit of a bitch.

Yeah, somewhere around there. Not sure if Wikipedia just hasn't been updated yet or if the BB number combines albums and singles.

Those numbers are combined since record sales basically cover albums, singles, and other music material an artist has released. It's the same with Wikipedia, but unlike Billboard, they're based on certifications. Billboard's figures, I assume, come from the label for publicity purposes. 

MonsterMarty

Gaga is at 100m, Madonna 350m.

Excuse me no. Madonna's sales are some of the most inflated. She's still on par with Elton John and well under 300 million, much closer to 275-280m. Her sales got inflated before Confessions was released to pretend she was selling Michael Jackson amounts of records. She has incredible sales without inflating them to the hilt.

Gaga is ball-parking 90-100 million records based on ~25 million albums + ~70 million singles (based on certs but infalted to 90-110 million depending on which person makes the intro for her on X-Factor) totalling ~95 million records.

• Mills locked this topic

Archived