💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga and The Muppets' Holiday Spectacular Thread (LIVESTREAM)

GagaSlayedYou

Featured Posts

gagaconvert

I agree with some posters who said it basically felt like an ARTPOP promo show with a side serving of Muppets, buuuuuut that doesn't really matter and I enjoyed it. 

Performance highlights for me were MANiCURE, Benny & The Jets, Gypsy and Baby It's Cold Outside. Perfection, all of them! :legend: They really showcase what a diverse performer and singer she is.

I also cracked up so much at the outtake with pervy Pepe at the end...lmfao one of my fave bits of the show tbh! He really wanted to see her Venus  :derpga:

Edited by gagaconvert

• Replies 943
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cameron Dallas

• blahblahblahhhh

• Allison M

• Slade

gagalovesme

I think I'll wait for it to be shown on UK TV at Xmas because the videos on the internet are so floppy. I'm dying to see it though, it looks so so so good

I really liked it! I thought the 2011 Special was better, but in all honesty they're far from comparable. The humongous ARTPOP wig actually looked nice here, especially with the softer curls.

Her voice sounded really good, especially during MANiCURE (that raspy growl she had was wow). Also, anybody notice how Gaga and JGL switched up the traditional gender roles for Baby It's Cold Outside, I think? That was cool (though I'm kind of sad we didn't see JGL as a woman lol).

Elton! RuPaul! I can't even write a coherent response lol it was cool

also wtf owl!Ga during ARTPOP :woot:

3 points in and ready for more

I've just watched it. It was great ! The performances were flawless (especially the duet with Elton John, Gyspy with Kermit, Fashion! with RuPaul and, fo course, Baby, it's cold outside with Joseph Gordon Levitt), Gaga was super pretty as usual and the Muppets were adorable !

Katie14

I liked the special. It was cute and entertaining. Some of Gag's interactions did seem a little fake and forced though. Like before Gypsy, the conversation with kermit was a little uncomfortable to watch. It seemed like Gaga was trying to hard to be relatable. Also, the show was targeted towards kids but some of the songs were definitely not kid friendly (Mainicure and Venus). It also kind of bothered me that the vocals were prerecorded and Gaga was lip syncing (not positive about this but I think its pretty obvious). 

Edited by Katie14

pieces of eight

It was all over the place, but that fits with the album.

I wasn't knocked out because I thought it could have been a bit more cohesive. It felt like, even though they shared many of the same scenes, that Gaga and the Muppets were doing two different shows. There was zero chemistry between them.

The performances were solid, though.

OMG at ARTPOP….as if I needed anything to make me love this song more than I do, my fave of all Gaga's. The syncope between her and Elton was fantastic What she did on the piano in the bridge was just phenomenal... :legend:

Edited by alffy74

giskardsb

It was a really fun special.  I wish there would have been some more Muppet/Gaga interaction skits but maybe there wasn't time to write them.  Lots of fun nevertheless.

there should a been an Animal vs. Spanky drum-off.

ARTPOPSYCHOLOGY

ARTPOP should have been JUST like that on the album, it was SO F***ING AMAZING I DOWNLOADED AND CAN'T STOP LISTENING, IT WAS SO FIERCE, AND I LOVE HOW ELTON UNDERSTOOD THE SONG, so amazing. Ugh, the best performance/arrangement of a song on ARTPOP this era!

I only saw GAGA and RU .. and I can die happy. 

Only feat. that didn't screw up the performance. Elton f*cked up the chorus of ARTPOP singing faster than it actually is and the muppets pretty much ruined every song they touched. But RuPaul was AWESOME ♥