Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Why ARTPOP is equally good or even better than BTW (opinion)

VforVendetta

Featured Posts

Born this way is the best album Gaga has made... in an artistic perspective
But in the world of POP, ARTPOP is a lot better than BTW, it's just... POP! Party! It's like "NOW DANCE YOU MOTHERF*CKERS!"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
VforVendetta

Born this way is the best album Gaga has made... in an artistic perspective

But in the world of POP, ARTPOP is a lot better than BTW, it's just... POP! Party! It's like "NOW DANCE YOU MOTHERF*CKERS!"

I feel BTW is a bigger club banger than ARTPOP tbh 

I don't know what's going on with me but my love for BTW has been growing lately. Wasn't a huge fan but now, when we have ARTPOP, my thoughts about BTW have changed. 

But what I do know is that I don't want her next album to be electronic anymore, sorry.

You're acting like BTW is a heavy metal album  :smh: The thing with BTW is that some songs are extremely good and others just sound like pure fillers (FOHL, HU, BJ/AF…). ARTPOP is a lot more cohesive but it also goes hard in EDM imo. I agree with BTW being more "ARTPOP" than ARTPOP tho.

Born This Way is much better  :manicure:

Its unfairto say that. Gagas music is very visual as we all know. So with BTW u saw all the videos, u saw the tour, and also u had 2,5 years for it all to grow on you. ARTPOP is just released...

I think this is more like, "why I think ARTPOP is better than BTW".

I respect your opinion, however I also respectfully disagree. :) I mean, I feel like it's incredibly subjective, when it comes to being "loud" I thought it came down quite nicely with tracks like Bloody Mary or Electric Chapel to an extent. BTW also wasn't a grower for me, though it might have been for others. I guess my only real justification is I just liked BTW better. To each his/her own though. I do sort of agree that music-wise BTW does come off a bit more "ARTPOP" than the latter..

I bet that all of you didn't evemn read the OP...

Ofcourse i did, and i dont agree with you at all. 

ARTPOP flows so well? In which world?

She killed some friend of her and talks about if someone wants to see her naked, than she goes to planet no. 9 where she talks all the time about penises, than she is suddenly under some guy making him cry for having s-x with her (she had a gun? was he forced to sleep with her? poor guy), after that she dreams about having s-x with some girl and calls her all the time (i would be scared, stalking much?), than she has a foursome on J&D with 3 black guys (that must have hurt), than she wants to get cured from love (how about not sleeping with so many people?), than she jumps again all over another  black man and invites everyone else to do what they want with her body, than she sings about her ARTPOP could mean anything (ofcourse, after having so much s-x i would be on another planet to...), than she sings about some pig inside a human body (herself? after sleeping with almost everyone?), than she throws up on stage after eating a salat but she still feels so fab on the next track looking good and feeling fab, but than mysteriously she had to much dope and needs to get away from it, but but after 3 minutes she doesnt care anymore and sings about traveling the world begging for Applause... 

That flow  :troll:

Anderson123

Well, maybe ARTPOP does flow better than Born This Way from start to finish, as it goes from hard electronic songs to calm, to rap, to pop rock, to R&B to whatever else happens, then the ballads and finishes with Applause. That's 15 tracks, one hour and more than enough.

Born This Way is actually loud and the songs are fast until you get to Bloody Mary, most of the songs last 4 to 5 minutes and it has 17 songs, so yes, I'd say it flows better than Born This Way. But just talking about the songs, In my opinion, I like Born This Way better.

Born This Way may be loud (Americano, Judas, Scheisse, Marry The Night, Heavy Metal Lover, etc.) but so is ARTPOP, it has Aura (Annoying intro and verses), Venus, GUY, then Swine and Donatella which have awful lyrics and too much screaming, then Mary Jane Holland, etc.

The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like ARTPOP has more filler tracks than Born This Way. When listening to BTW, sometimes I skip Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn, and with ARTPOP, I skip Jewels N Drugs, MANiCURE, Fashion!, sometimes I skip Sex Dreams, Dope, Gypsy, Swine, etc.

Born This Way > ARTPOP in my opinion. And I don't have to give ARTPOP some time to let it digest. I listened to it from start to finish when it leaked and I didn't feel nor was I impressed as I was when I listened to Born This Way in full.

This is Gaga, she's loud, she's theatre.

VforVendetta

Ofcourse i did, and i dont agree with you at all. 

ARTPOP flows so well? In which world?

She killed some friend of her and talks about if someone wants to see her naked, than she goes to planet no. 9 where she talks all the time about penises, than she is suddenly under some guy making him cry for having s-x with her (she had a gun? was he forced to sleep with her? poor guy), after that she dreams about having s-x with some girl and calls her all the time (i would be scared, stalking much?), than she has a foursome on J&D with 3 black guys (that must have hurt), than she wants to get cured from love (how about not sleeping with so many people?), than she jumps again all over another  black man and invites everyone else to do what they want with her body, than she sings about her ARTPOP could mean anything (ofcourse, after having so much s-x i would be on another planet to...), than she sings about some pig inside a human body (herself? after sleeping with almost everyone?), than she throws up on stage after eating a salat but she still feels so fab on the next track looking good and feeling fab, but than mysteriously she had to much dope and needs to get away from it, but but after 3 minutes she doesnt care anymore and sings about traveling the world begging for Applause... 

That flow  :troll:

When I say that it flows well, I mean from one song to another, not just thematically but the conncetion between the songs and everything. It's pleasand to the ears. If you refer to the theme, BTW has a stronger theme than ARTPOP. You know what I mean though, don't act like you are stupid because you are not! :)

I agree with you with the part that ARTPOP flows so easily from a song to another. This makes me say also that it is a better album than BTW. But until now, I still think that BTW had better highlights.

VforVendetta

Well, maybe ARTPOP does flow better than Born This Way from start to finish, as it goes from hard electronic songs to calm, to rap, to pop rock, to R&B to whatever else happens, then the ballads and finishes with Applause. That's 15 tracks, one hour and more than enough.

Born This Way is actually loud and the songs are fast until you get to Bloody Mary, most of the songs last 4 to 5 minutes and it has 17 songs, so yes, I'd say it flows better than Born This Way. But just talking about the songs, In my opinion, I like Born This Way better.

Born This Way may be loud (Americano, Judas, Scheisse, Marry The Night, Heavy Metal Lover, etc.) but so is ARTPOP, it has Aura (Annoying intro and verses), Venus, GUY, then Swine and Donatella which have awful lyrics and too much screaming, then Mary Jane Holland, etc.

The only thing that bothers me is that I feel like ARTPOP has more filler tracks than Born This Way. When listening to BTW, sometimes I skip Bad Kids and Highway Unicorn, and with ARTPOP, I skip Jewels N Drugs, MANiCURE, Fashion!, sometimes I skip Sex Dreams, Dope, Gypsy, Swine, etc.

This is Gaga, she's loud, she's theatre.

You understood what I wanted to say here. I don't agree about fillers of course but this is your opinion and I respect it! :) Also I believe that ARTPOP tracks are as loud as they need to be. BTW tracks in my opinion are too loud most of the times...

When I say that it flows well, I mean from one song to another, not just thematically but the conncetion between the songs and everything. It's pleasand to the ears. If you refer to the theme, BTW has a stronger theme than ARTPOP. You know what I mean though, don't act like you are stupid because you are not! :)

I know what you mean and i still dont agree with you. Cause i personally cant listen to ARTPOP from first to last track, so many songs in between ruin the experience, but BTW also didnt had a good flow. The only one i personally could listen from beginning to the end is TFM. 

Anderson123

You understood what I wanted to say here. I don't agree about fillers of course but this is your opinion and I respect it! :) Also I believe that ARTPOP tracks are as loud as they need to be. BTW tracks in my opinion are too loud most of the times...

Yep, I think she wanted to do so many things at once with Born This Way, it was very diverse and actually loud, but I love it. Sometimes I'm not in the mood to listen to the album in full, though,

VforVendetta

I know what you mean and i still dont agree with you. Cause i personally cant listen to ARTPOP from first to last track, so many songs in between ruin the experience, but BTW also didnt had a good flow. The only one i personally could listen from beginning to the end is TFM. 

If course I don't try to force you my opinion, I just explained myself. TFM is a strong body of work but except from some huge highlights (God Romance, Alejandro, Telephone, DITD and Teeth) the other songs aren't that big of a deal. Of course this is 5/8 songs from thr album, ahuge number but it's also and 8 only track EP and you would expect it to be flawless. Imagine if BTW and ARTPOP were only 8 track albums. They would be extremely solid bodies of work but they wouldn't be as interesting as they are now. TFM is definitely on the same level with BTW and ARTPOP though unlike The Fame. These are all my opinion if course.

Archived