💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' debuts at #1 in US with 260k

Americano

Featured Posts

And to add to the will.i.am point, she supported Black Eyed Peas during the Fame era, so they're obviously friends and planned on working together for a long time. The song they've made is hardly a smash single, it's great but not mind blowing, sounds like them having fun.

Good points! :applause:

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• JaggedMonster

• MikeyMoonShine

• MonsterOfSpain

monketsharona

Bad reviews of the album, disapointing first week sales, I don't know why but I feel like Gaga is not as strong as before... Too bad because ARTPOP is very good !

Maybe now she needs to write that Bad Romance 2.0 or Poker Face 2.0 on ARTPOP Act 2 !

And please less DJWS on ARTPOP 2.0 ! 

Edited by monketsharona

It seems like the promotion of the album didn't really come through.

She's only had a few TV promotions and the app seemed really unfinished so it's not like it attracted more sales. 

The album cover was shown in subways all over the world but the major worldwide promotion ended after that.

MikeyMoonShine

Second week in Germany was #3 which is good for her so lets hope she gets steady sales for a few weeks at least. then anyone calling us a flop is just trying too hard. 

I know Gaga's main fanbase is young, but it is times like these that show how short-sighted and spoiled some of them are. Maybe it has to do with immaturity or perspective?

Gaga debuted at #1 in all the major markets, including the US. Her WW sales for the first week will be well over 500K. Forbes just released an article naming her the 2nd highest paid musical act in 2013. (a year in which she cancelled almost her entire US tour and had major surgery and was laid up for 5 months) She's already had a top 5 hit song this album era and another hit song on its way.

Pop stars have eras that are more successful than others. No pop star stays on top. Not MJ, not Madonna, no one!

Some fans have such unrealistic expectations, they end up missing out on all the fun and joy behind the music. One day, you may look back at this time and wished that you just enjoyed what Gaga is giving you, instead of worrying about a bunch of idiots at cesspools like ATRL.

Gaga is #1 in the US! The music is great! Enjoy it!

Well said! I think a lot of the sales talk has to do with people getting caught up in 'Stan Wars.' It's like they take it personally if their 'fav' isn't always number one, or if they can't use some kind of topic to 'drag' another artist. It's all a bit silly to me, than again I am someone who can't waste time on arguing with people about the success of millionaires. I'm trying to create my own. ;)

Zedd was known purely by EDM fans until around 6 - 8 months ago. He was not known on the charts at all until Clarity. Therefore, your point about Gaga using Zedd on the album to benefit herself on the charts is wrong. :yes:

And the point you raised about RedOne is also wrong, as his first hit song was Just Dance. When Gaga worked with him he hadn't produced any hit singles at that point.

And as far as will.i.am goes, he produced 1 song that is unlikely to ever become a single. He isn't featured, so it's unlikely that in the event that it did become a single the general public would even realize that he's involved in it.

Zedd not being popular with the GP at the time means nothing. EDM was becoming increasingly popular on pop radio, he's with Interscope, so she used him to capitalize on that. RedOne's productions on The Fame were pretty uninspired sooo...

And you're still beating around the bush with the fact that she's a pop artist who cares about charts. Deal with it. "I just love the music, not the bling" shouldn't be taken literally. I would dig to see your sales predictions but I don't care enough; I'm sure they were a bit higher than 260k.

Anyway, this is a dumb argument. It just annoys me seeing people act like 260k is a great number that they're happy with when this is obviously below what we expected months ago. I'm glad that she's #1 but I'm not going to be blinded with delusion and act like this is a good number. 

Teal Ambition

When will the WW sales be revealed?

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

monketsharona

Anyway, this is a dumb argument. It just annoys me seeing people act like 260k is a great number that they're happy with when this is obviously below what we expected months ago. I'm glad that she's #1 but I'm not going to be blinded with delusion and act like this is a good number. 

This ! 

Ladey Gagz

Bad reviews of the album, disapointing first week sales, I don't know why but I feel like Gaga is not as strong as before... Too bad because ARTPOP is very good !

Maybe now she needs to write that Bad Romance 2.0 or Poker Face 2.0 on ARTPOP Act 2 !

And please less DJWS on ARTPOP 2.0 ! 

It's weird cause ARTPOP is like her best album imo