Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'ARTPOP' debuts at #1 in US with 260k

Americano

Featured Posts

nakedidea

The predictions NEVER NEVER NEVER FAIL... And if they do, it's only a 10k difference or so.

So stop thinking she's going to see over 500k LOL

I doubt they'd give us false predictions... why?

• Replies 993
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Americano

• JaggedMonster

• MikeyMoonShine

• MonsterOfSpain

when i divide the part (179,802.00) by the percent (32% = 0.32) i got 561,881.25

but she obviously didn't sell that much, meaning i'm terrible at math or that's not how these predictions work  :awkney:

Not all retailers are equal of course.  I recall when MMLP2 figures came in last week, he got like only 40K extra in the last update.

Americano

I don't know why Lorde is so low - some of the others above her can be explained as new albums with pre-orders but not all.  Lorde might be selling proportionately worse on the retailers other than itunes that have reported.

However if itunes are not included in the present figure then HDD/Billboard projections are way off, and they should be saying something already.  The reasons to think itunes is there is because they are expected to be in early, and to make the HDD/Billboard projections fit.

Yup. iTunes is almost ALWAYS in on Tuesday I've seen,  but Lorde's position is very... curious?

If it isn't in, Gaga could get past 300k, but how would they be so off with projections? It's puzzling.

MonsterOfSpain

Okay, so if we use simple math considering that the proportion of sales remain the same...

32% = 179.800

then...

100% would be around 561.875 copies.

We are still not sure how the other retailers will react, but I'd say the album will sell around 400.000 or maybe more.

We'll be lucky if it gets to 300k sis

AgusPop

when i divide the part (179,802.00) by the percent (32% = 0.32) i got 561,881.25

but she obviously didn't sell that much, meaning i'm terrible at math or that's not how these predictions work  :awkney:

it doesn't work like this

Edited by PaulPop

Daredevil

The predictions NEVER NEVER NEVER FAIL... And if they do, it's only a 10k difference or so.

So stop thinking she's going to see over 500k LOL

I doubt they'd give us false predictions... why?

Bookmarked ;)

K so digital sales are counted first and obviously make up the bulk of sales. But the physical copies are so damn beautiful she had to have sold a bunch of those too. Like I bought a digital and physical copy and a lot of monsters did the same thing. My work sold out of the physical copies yesterday. I'm hoping for big numbers but I know very little about this sort of thing.

MonsterOfSpain

HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE SOLd AT H&M?!?!?!?

We will never know, that sucks tbh  :cry:

When will final numbers come ? 

Tomorrow

MonsterMarty

At least she looks set for the #1 anyway!

HOW DO WE KNOW WHAT SHE SOLd AT H&M?!?!?!?

guys it's 32% of retailers (and possibly the major ones), not 32% of sales...

That definitely includes iTunes, so the bulk of digital sales are counted there, but probably not the majority of physical albums.

Edited by MonsterMarty