💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

You all need to Read this

JbGaga

Featured Posts

Fan are buying it, though. The loyal ones, anyway. She just doesn't have as many hardcore fans as it seems. 

i just don't think the numbers prove that

What percentage of celebrities do you follow and go buy their product in the first week?

your obviously didn't read what I wrote... As well as a lot of you

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ryebread251

People esspecialy on this site...

And i clearly said i don't think all 40mil people are fans..... im kinda getting tired of relying to the same thing over and over again.

I Know people download Music illegally. My main point is that fans aren't buying the album. I think that's pretty apearent and i don't know why people are having a hard time seeing that.

And? You don't have to buy the album to be a fan. Also, I haven't gotten it because it is close to holiday season and will probably get it during Thanksgiving, on black Friday, or for Christmas.

And? You don't have to buy the album to be a fan. Also, I haven't gotten it because it is close to holiday season and will probably get it during Thanksgiving, on black Friday, or for Christmas.

Well i understand some people are cant afford an album but again i think most of us can afford a 15 dollar album....

And i don't see how u can stan an artist without buying there album. How can you even tell someone else to buy something you never bought?

ryebread251

Well stan is different from following an artist on twitter......i doubt very many of her followers are actual stans but just casual fans that like her singles....or maybe they did stan awhile ago but don't stan now and didn't bother to unfollow her. Plus, three members of my family follow her but we only buy one CD for the whole family, so one follower doesn't have to equal one sale.

And I don't tell people to buy any album, I will just tell them whether I like it or not. I burned two copies of BTW for my friends rather than make them buy it because I would prefer them to listen to it and enjoy it than not buy it at all.

Plus, people can stream albums online now, right? That and illegal downloads will most likely take a cut into album sales.

monketsharona

I just don't understand something. I'm not saying that all 40 million people on Twitter are fans BUT at least 3 million of us are. Now the fact that Gaga has only sold Under 300k copy's of ARTPOP makes no sense. I even bought 3 copy's for me my mom and sister.

Don't forget the 'under 300,000' is just for the US ! 

I know the news on the Internet try to make people believe that she sold only around 250,000 copies worldwide, but don't believe everything you read on the Internet ;)

there should be a way to check illegal download charts lol

those would be more real numbers tbh

oh and twitter followers is a terrible way to measure popularity nowadays, I remember some article some time ago that said that everyone from the top 10 only had like 20% of their followers active, the rest are unactive or spam/fake accounts

Katy is the queen of Twitter and sold the same amount basically.

Exactly. Same goes with the likes of Justin Bieber. Following a celebrity on social media doesn't automatically translate actual purchase on their part since "following" is free, while buying an album is clearly not. 

I think one possible way of finding out a rough estimate of how many fans there might be would be (for example) if joining little monsters.com cost say $1  or something, that still wouldn't give a 100% accurate figure but it would definitely give a reasonable indication

Downloading illegally is theft, by definition.  People who do that and never purchase the music are not fans.  Rather than support the artist, they are ripping her off.

I live outside the space time continuum.

The twitter count is inflated because weird super fans make multiple twitter accounts dedicated solely to lady gaga with pictures of her all over them.

Archived