Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga’s portraits of famous painting by Robert Wilson

Bazaar

Featured Posts

I expected it to be clearly her just in the setting of the painting but this is quite incredible.

Those asking 'Where's the art in ARTPOP'? It's here.

This has nothing to do with ARTPOP though. This is Gaga working with Wilson, and 99% of people won't tie it into ARTPOP because there's no relation. Had she done this and she's these portraits as ARTPOP ads maybe, but for now, they're wasted promo.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

This has nothing to do with ARTPOP though. This is Gaga working with Wilson, and 99% of people won't tie it into ARTPOP because there's no relation. Had she done this and she's these portraits as ARTPOP ads maybe, but for now, they're wasted promo.

you guys really need to quit thinking in terms only of her job as a pop singer and album seller and start looking outside into the bigger world of art.  Thats the entire point of this era.  Instead of complaining maybe appreciate the effort it takes to re-stage these masterpieces, and do some research on the original paintings themselves.  Expand your minds besides bean counting album sales.

ELECTRAHEARTPOP

They're in the ARTPOP era, with Robert Wilson who was tagged on the very first photo we ever got officially of the ARTPOP era. So actually I think they have everything to do with ARTPOP, thematically at least.

DanceInTheFlames

Well, if they're unoriginal recreations, what are y'all so excited about? :awkney:

It's just cool to see Gaga as the subject of the old paintings. That's all. I don't think any of us are like jumping out of our seats excited. 

They're in the ARTPOP era, with Robert Wilson who was tagged on the very first photo we ever got officially of the ARTPOP era. So actually I think they have everything to do with ARTPOP, thematically at least.

I know, and I love what she's doing with him, but these feel like wasted promotionsl opputunities to me! She doesn't seem to want to do actual promo this era....

Gaga told us recently that "era" and other words don't fit the way she thinks about her album cycles. Her entire life = her artistry = eveyrthing she's doing right now is for / about / as a result of ARTPOP. It's not just the album, that's so narrow-minded.

"They're wasted promo" - have you not been listening to her in interviews recently? Howard Stern interview quote: "Im so glad we're having a good interview, Im so tired of promoting the album" etc. If you want a promo-machine working only for sales and figures, go elswhere.

Archived