💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Koons Sculpture(s) Vandalized At artRave

gagaisitalian

Featured Posts

BloodyM

This is disrespectful on so many levels but i can't believe the lack of security there was at ARTRave. How can one trust valuable art like this without any form of protection? 

Forrest Gump

how did they not have security looking after those sculptures in the first place?

it was a bit careless to leave them out in the open like that when everyone there is getting drunk and twerking to trap music.

Allison M

gagadaily.com â€@gagadaily 6m

Gaga is apparently really upset over the Koons statue vandalism. She doesn’t want to meet fans right now because of it.

I wouldn't want to either if i were her. I'd be so upset. I wonder what Jeff has to say about it.

When I was watching I was surprised there was no sort of glass around the sculptures. Even if it only covered as tall as 6 feet. I wasn't a big fan of this ARTrave event. Too many uninterested commoners there for the free booze. Should've been much smaller and exclusive for the die hard fans or those who had a ticket to the cancelled BTW shows in the area.

I agree! This makes me angry too.

Luv u Sum

This makes me so angry because I know myself and probably many other people on this forum would have loved to have gone to ArtRave and would NEVER in a million years have touched those statues. Instead, those jerks got to go.

Thats what i was thinking it makes me so mad!

Apparently this was on one of them... I think it was the one that is actually of GaGa, it looks like it is her butt.

EDIT: IGNORE. NOT THE STATUE. SOMEONE ON TWITTER WAS WRONG (imagine that) But the words are just as bad no matter what.

BY0s8JuCMAAlSFb.jpg

Edited by NIBIRU

That's so disrespectful. I hope the damage is reparable.

Last night was a really disgusting display of some of the worst behavior of this fanbase; the fist-fights that erupted in the crowd, beer cups at the base of the statues, Gaga being swarmed when she was trying to move toward the stage.

I guess this serves as a learning experience for Gaga's team of what to expect if they do intend to repeat an event like this in the future.

CroatiaGeisha

This makes me so angry. Vandalism is wrong anyways but it's one thing when it happens on standard public property, and another when it's defacing someone's fruits of labor, passion, and pride. These people are such trash.

Not just the vandalism but just before she got on stage there were fans starting a fist fight.

All I could see was flying of a fist and a girl screaming for them to stop.

Its a shame people were rude and stupid.

oohhh i heard about this

artMosh

tumblr_inline_mw41h88Zwe1qa6n4p.gif

3 points in and ready for more

Anyone who watched the stream could tell the majority were not fans. See: not reacting at all to Paparazzi, walking out of the venue, having small chitchat during Dope. Mostly just hipsters and kids looking to get some free booze and rave to some hip-hop they've heard twenty times over. Still disappointing and incredibly disrespectful regardless.

Perhaps this vandalism really shows this incessant desire in some people to trash the artist and their creation. Shame.

BlaqJezus

Just to clarify, I was at ARTRave, these people were nearly all adults. Some of them weren't even fans, they were just VIPs, and though some of them were monsters, we still managed to stand out as the people who were thankful to be there, and found ourselves lucky to be there rather than a bunch of disrespectful imbeciles who got invited by venue coordinators and the like...

GaGa didn't even personally know a lot of the VIPs, they just got invited rando. I will say, it was an amazing party, and I think she knew that while part art show, she doesn't exactly promote clean safe fun when she performs, and she blew the roof off that night, so people were bound to get a little crazy...

MonsterMarty

Apparently this was on one of them... I think it was the one that is actually of GaGa, it looks like it is her butt.

BY0s8JuCMAAlSFb.jpg

That was in one of the pop-up shops, not the sculpture! 

MarcMonster covered it with a giant heart.

I knew this was going to happen. I was expecting someone to break the blue gazing ball during the performance, tbh. People can't be trusted :classy:

that lonely polite girl in the kermit dress guarded it with her life

3 points in and ready for more

It bothered me that the people there were jamming more to the music played before the show than they did when Gaga was performing.