šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Guardian reviews ARTPOP

scrappy

Featured Posts

If she released ARTPOP with lyrics all about art and pop they would call it boring pop album and calling for FunGa to come back. She just can't get a rest. :smh:

This! When she released Applause, she got so much criticism, because it was very artsy and indulgent! Whatever, I can care less about the critics, the music's awesome, and the imagery this era has been flawless. It's what Gaga captivated us with, but bigger. I'm so happy with ARTPOP, and that's all that matters to me. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
MonsterOfSpain

If she released ARTPOP with lyrics all about art and pop they would call it boring pop album and calling for FunGa to come back. She just can't get a rest. :smh:

Ā 

This so much... they don't even know what they want.

When you set the target of art you should meet it. If you can't meet the target, throw it. Art is not only about performing in front of the audience. Art should also be in music. The artistic side of pop music is not enough in this album. So 3/5 is reasonable.

Brooke Candy

ARTPOP is the name of the whole Project, not only the album :coffee:

buy 'Paper or Plastic' by Brooke candy on iTunes NOW!!

ffs this album does not deserve her lowest scoreĀ  :pukey: Ā its so much better than the fame, the attitude around her is just so negative now whereas critics love her in 08/09.

Let Love Down

At least I won't call for funga anymore if she succeeds in meeting art.

ARTPOP is the name of the whole Project, not only the album :coffee:

Ā 

This. I think people are seriously misinterpreting her intentions.

Ā 

To those who say art isn't present in the music; music itself can be art, and Gaga has never said otherwise. It doesn't have to be about art to be artistic. That said, her music definitely has some references to art and there's definitely substance. TBH I really don't even understand what some of you mean with statements like "there's no art, it's just pop," I mean did you expect/want an album full of entirely experimental sounds and complex, philosophical subject matter? :huh:

Ā 

***I'm not saying the album is generic or that the subject matter/the way she expresses it isn't deep***

Ā 

Ā 

Come to think of it though, she did dig herself a hole with the ARTPOP title, not because she's doing anything wrong, but because it's just asking for people to misinterpret it and what she's trying to do.

djBuffoon

The "ART" part is the imagery she is providing. The PICTURES, the VISUALS, the VIDEOS, etc.

Ā 

The "POP" part is the music she is providing. And different genres of music (ROCK, POP, R&B, EDM etc)

Ā 

Thus combining the "ART" and "POP" together, to make ARTPOP!

Ā 

What's so hard to understand about that?

Ā 

Smh.

djBuffoon

I really don't even understand what some of you mean with statements like "there's no art, it's just pop," I mean did you expect/want an album full of entirely experimental sounds and complex, philosophical subject matter? :huh:

Ā 

:tea:

blahblahblahhhh

I think that the major problem with reviewers is the one concerning the marrying of art with pop. Well, I perceive ARTPOP as a project. I don't know how music can be explicitly "art(istic)". I am of opinion that music itself is very POP (doesn't mean it's not artistic as well) but the way she presents those songs and album itself (performances, images, events) is very ART.

llbcherry

The whole art + pop confusion is giving me a headache. I think the reviewers are overthinking it.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived