Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

MusicOMH reviews ARTPOP...

scrappy

Featured Posts

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
andygagafan

So over reviews to be honest. Any one els feel the same. What matters is how i feel and offcourse i value other fans opinions. Just like you guys. Going by that. I love it and it seems most fans do

HeavyPunkLover

his BIO 

The first album he bought was Madonna's I'm Breathless

"Just because you know my name, doesn't mean you know my game"

Rollercoaster

shouldn't this be void? The writer clearly implies several times, that he doesn't understand the concept and doesn't want to. Surely such a review shouldn't ever be taken seriously.

I want your psycho, your vertigo schtick, want your in my rear window, baby you're sick

she's always been like this. 

These are actually great, cheeky lyrics if you know what she's referencing.

ETA--I disagree with some things in this review (and am particularly annoyed at his facile reading of "Aura" as a s-xualized take on the burqa when it's only that on the surface--and actually a subversion of that in the end) but agree with a whole lot, particularly how he closes it out: "Does Gaga deserve praise for making an effort and avoiding the ready charms of Dr Luke and co? She most certainly does – but this doesn’t make ARTPOP a good album."

However, I'm definitely more in the 3 or 3.5/5 camp than the 2.

AgusPop

looks like Universal has failed to bribe MusicOMH

MusicOMH Reviewer: Philip Matusavage --> "The first album he bought was Madonna's I'm Breathless"  

:lmao:  That Explains Everything! A pressed Madonna Fan like you.

MusicOMH Reviewer: Philip Matusavage --> "The first album he bought was Madonna's I'm Breathless"  

:lmao:  That Explains Everything! A pressed Madonna Fan like you

you're regurgitating the same thing over and over. don't choke on it

MelbHawker

This is one of the most atrocious, biased reviews I've ever read in my entire life.

Firstly.. the Born This Way shade - 'ended with struggling singles and a tour cancelled'.   I hate it when people in the media twist the truth to give the impression of failure. Where was the mentioning of the album's 6+ million sales? The injury that resulted in the tours' cancellation? The cultural significance of Born This Way & it's message? Please. 

Yet if she understands how to be viewed as an artist, Gaga lacks confidence in pop as an art form in itself, seeming unable to let a song breathe and instead overbearing it with very deliberate efforts to be seen as a ‘proper artist’.

Absolute train-wreck. I'm not going to even go into detail .. it's not even because he gave the album a poor review, it's his reasoning/justification for it. It's just..   

So over reviews to be honest. Any one els feel the same. What matters is how i feel and offcourse i value other fans opinions. Just like you guys. Going by that. I love it and it seems most fans do

Yes, I feel the same. I do think this is well written but I try not to let these reviews affect my own personal opinion.

AgusPop

you're regurgitating the same thing over and over. don't choke on it

and you too. but I am a Gaga fan and you a troll

giskardsb

The problem with a lot of these reviews is that they arnt just reviewing the music, but Gaga herself. They bring all their own preconceptions about Gaga into the review.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived