Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Love Is Pop Song by Song Review

Shanghaikid43

Featured Posts

Shanghaikid43

Found this review, its very positive.  This guy realizes early on that this album is not easily digestible, and requires multiple listens before he makes his judgment.  It seems he fell in love with it after a while.

"The saying goes, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Likewise, art is open to interpretation. What one person might think is fine art, another person might think is trash. And two people could look at a work of art and think that it means two totally different things.

I think that Lady Gaga wrote many of these songs so that they would be open to interpretation the same way that paintings and other visual art would be. In that sense, this truly is ARTPOP. In other words, what you think the songs mean is often up to you, the listener. And, obviously, you’re entitled to form whatever opinions of the songs that you so desire.

So, perhaps Gaga intends for these songs to be viewed in the same manner as Warhol’s art, like the famous soup can piece hanging on a museum wall, which would seem to be in agreement with what she said about putting art on the soup can. In any case, I have a feeling that many people are going to want to “see†this art, as evidenced by how rapidly the leak of the album spread from Japan to the rest of the world this weekend.

Whether you’ll love it or hate it, ARTPOP is not only a work of art but a highly anticipated POP album that demands your attention. I just hope that people will listen to it more than once before formulating their opinions because some of these songs might not seem all that captivating at first listen but the more you listen to them, the more they hook you, not unlike the best narcotics. If you like art in your pop, you should grow to love ARTPOP more than dope!

and about Applause...

"What can I say about “Applause†that hasn’t already been said? It seems like most of us hated it when it was initially released as the first single from the album, but then it crept inside of us and got us hooked and now we all love it. At least I do. And I really didn’t think I was ever going to like it. I thought it was boring compared to her previous work, to be entirely honest. Plus, it was confusing at first because nobody quite knew how to interpret it. Was she being sarcastic or ironic? Or is she simply stating that she lives for the applause? I think it’s probably a bit of all of the above. Not that I care now. I kind of like the fact that, like many songs on the album, you can look at it in many different ways. Suffice to say that now I think it’s fabulous. In fact, I would have to say that it’s the catchiest pop song of the year."

Read the whole thing, he loves almost every song except for ARTPOP (he even liked Jewels N' Drugs)

http://www.loveispop.com/reviews/feature-review-lady-gaga-ARTPOP/

Willy Wonka

It begins with the sound of someone pouring something  probably champagne  into what I imagine is a glass.

I'm crying at this for some reason.

It's a nice review, although he's a terrible reviewer. He constantly undermines himself as an authority on music critique, and it's sort of uncomfortable.

him liking JnD more than ARTPOP automatically makes his review irrelevant..

comments like that automatically make your post irrelevant....

I quite like this review. His writing is a little awkward and not eloquent as such, but that makes it better. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would like Gaga but he was patient enough to think about the music - he even interpreted the lyrics in many different ways.

Even if this review was negative I think I could appreciate it. 

Funny how all the positive reviews are "well written" and "good" and all the negative ones are "misinformed" and "badly written". 

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived