💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Huffington Post: ARTPOP Review

boobtank

Featured Posts

-_____- I know about Warhol and the soupcan obviously. Im talking about the way she was describing "ARTPOP"

okay. The way you typed it made it seem like you didn't.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EdgeofTeeth

What's wrong with this world is that people don't know when to take things at face value and when to read between the lines....

This this and more of this. I'm so sick of people judging ARTPOP for its lyrics when they don't bother for a second to actually consider the actual meaning.

Agree with that 100%. To me, this album just shows me she needs a big long BREAK. She needs to be away from all of this, her fame, her fans, and just live on her own for a while. She's just not producing good work, and she's lost sight of what she originally set out to do: to change pop music. It feels like she's just another puppet of a major record label, like all of the others (Rihanna, Katy Perry). Calling the music on ARTPOP "experimental" like she did is just straight up lying, I'm sorry, and as a fan I don't appreciate being lied to. Just say it's light, fluffy, mindless POP music, and I'd be much more ok with that, but trying to veil generic pop music with all this "ART" crap is just lame, pretentious, and honestly stupid. Not falling for that one.

And I agree, her interviews I just can't...she's clearly just bullsh*ts or just says things that are flat out not true. She worked better when Lady Gaga was a separate persona that she, Stefani, was consciously acting out, in a very tongue-in-cheek manner. But the second she tried to merge herself WITH Lady Gaga, and proclaim that Stefani and Lady Gaga were the exact same person, that's when the problems started to arise. And now, she's just a confusing, convoluted mess tbh. It's been painful to watch her self-destruct...I agree, I can only wish her the best and hope someone really slaps some good sense into her. Sometimes we all need a big ol' slap (or punch) in the face...I think she is in need of one. I'm glad someone else sees through all of this and is willing to discuss it like a reasonable human being.

I'm really tired of the high art crap too. I don't understand how she thinks putting high art into pop culture is some sort of revolutionary idea or a "reverse Warholian expedition" -- I mean, hello, this is an idea that's been around forever. Has she never seen a commercial on TV with a Mozart piece playing in it? Has she never seen a Madonna music video? I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but if anyone could be credited with introducing high art into pop culture, it'd be her. You'd think Gaga would want to run in the other direction after all the Madonna controversy during the last era, but apparently not. She needs to forget about all of her highbrow "I'm an artist" theories and spend the time on her craft instead.

The more I think about it, what it really comes down to is that Gaga had one great idea that was the platform for starting her career -- the idea of the fame/the fame monster. The cyclical and dark-sided nature of celebrity, and the paradox of a human being acting as an artificial, manufactured commodity. I think after she finished that, she didn't quite know what to do because she had already done what she set out to accomplish. But at the same time, she's the most popular pop star in the world today, and there was and continues to be pressure on her to continue to produce tons of music, even when she doesn't have a solid idea to back it up. Thus the stuff we're getting that's not up to par.

A great idea is so hard to come by, and often it's just by chance -- she came up with TF/TFM when a random thought popped into her head looking at a celebrity mugshot in a paper. There's no easy way for her to come up with the next great idea, but she has to find some way to do it before she launches her next album. Hopefully taking some time off would help the process. And the other thing that's missing is that she's lost her underground roots from the NYC scene, which is what made her so different in the first place. She's not exposed to as many new ideas anymore. She needs to hang out in all those clubs and bars she used to frequent and find some different perspectives.

I'm really tired of the high art crap too. I don't understand how she thinks putting high art into pop culture is some sort of revolutionary idea or a "reverse Warholian expedition" -- I mean, hello, this is an idea that's been around forever. Has she never seen a commercial on TV with a Mozart piece playing in it? Has she never seen a Madonna music video? I'm not a huge Madonna fan, but if anyone could be credited with introducing high art into pop culture, it'd be her. You'd think Gaga would want to run in the other direction after all the Madonna controversy during the last era, but apparently not. She needs to forget about all of her highbrow "I'm an artist" theories and spend the time on her craft instead.

The more I think about it, what it really comes down to is that Gaga had one great idea that was the platform for starting her career -- the idea of the fame/the fame monster. The cyclical and dark-sided nature of celebrity, and the paradox of a human being acting as an artificial, manufactured commodity. I think after she finished that, she didn't quite know what to do because she had already done what she set out to accomplish. But at the same time, she's the most popular pop star in the world today, and there was and continues to be pressure on her to continue to produce tons of music, even when she doesn't have a solid idea to back it up. Thus the stuff we're getting that's not up to par.

A great idea is so hard to come by, and often it's just by chance -- she came up with TF/TFM when a random thought popped into her head looking at a celebrity mugshot in a paper. There's no easy way for her to come up with the next great idea, but she has to find some way to do it before she launches her next album. Hopefully taking some time off would help the process. And the other thing that's missing is that she's lost her underground roots from the NYC scene, which is what made her so different in the first place. She's not exposed to as many new ideas anymore. She needs to hang out in all those clubs and bars she used to frequent and find some different perspectives.

Agreed! All of that! She's just totally out of touch with her roots..she had this humility and graciousness when she first came on the scene, and now it's all just gone, and been replaced by a massive, uncontrolled ego. Like you said, she just needs to stop being Lady Gaga, at least for a while. That's the only way she'll be able to come back to the real world, and recognize how out of touch she really is.

Is this blog even relevant though? 

Bye

No, Huff Post is not relevant at all.  It's sad that anyone even reads their trash, and it's even worse that some people actually believe what they read there.

I live outside the space time continuum.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived