💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Entertainment Weekly review ARTPOP

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

djBuffoon

As always, Gaga is a whiz at strong melodic lines, like the swooping hook on ''Gypsy.'' She's a clever comic who's delightfully willing to be the butt of her own jokes. (''I know that Mom and Dad think I'm a mess/But it's all right because I am rich as piss,'' she cracks on the pot ode ''Mary Jane Holland.'') As pop, the album is a well-executed and entertaining tour of Gaga's tried-and-true tricks. But as art, it falls short when it comes to one basic function: making an impression.

:usrs:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20752562,00.html

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yASSsss

wtf is wrong with all critics hatin' on ARTPOP......its the best album of 2013 :noparty:

Call me by your name and I'll call you by mine

"Retro may be white-hot right now (see: Miley, Bruno, Daft Punk, et al.), but ARTPOP doesn't reach back far enough. In music, as in fashion, there's a critical gap between vintage and last season."

That line is BS but I guess I can't really complain about the rating.

wtf is wrong with all critics hatin' on ARTPOP......its the best album of 2013 :noparty:

A "B" rating isn't exactly hating. A lot of the comments in the review were ill informed but not everyone is going to consider this a masterpiece...

MetalHausOfJosh

They have been against her this whole era. I'm happy with what it got even though it should be higher. They gave Katy a B+ though :wtf:

djBuffoon

But really though, the complaints I have seen for this album are infuriating. "She doesn't reach far back enough. NO WAIT, it's too current! It's too out there, NO it's too commercial! It's TOO diverse!"

Just shut up and listen to the damn record.

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived