Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Entertainment Weekly review ARTPOP

djBuffoon

Featured Posts

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
djBuffoon

I don't understand it either. First critics criticize her for being influenced by past artists and then they criticize her for not reaching back far enough. It shows a complete lack of understanding of her work.

:clap:

"... most of the songs here would fit right in on The Fame or Born This Way." As if those were similar!

Still, it's hard to really complain about a B review.

B isn't bad, to be fair.
but to be more fair , they gave prism B+ while we all know ARTPOP is much far better than prism.

I start to think that the magazine is owned by Kelly & Perez tbh

djBuffoon

but to be more fair , they gave prism B+ while we all know ARTPOP is much far better than prism.

tomsches

I agree with them. I totally love the album, but I would consider none of the songs "Art". They are pure pop, the only song I would consider arty is Venus, but that's one of the weaker songs in my opinion.

Redstreak

Let's just be thankful that the first two reviews, one from a pretty harsh critic site and one from a site that's known to not like her, were at least 70+.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

I start to think that the magazine is owned by Kelly & Perez tbh

Well ARTPOP's better, but the problem is Gaga herself. Katy Perry (as much as I like her as a person) is a cypher for pop music, who doesn't really have a controversial element to her or anything that can really grate. Gaga's unapologetic in hr belief of herself as an artist, that she makes masterpieces, that she's art and pop fused, etc. etc.

It makes her work harder to swallow, as opposed to Katy's own stuff.

I agree with them. I totally love the album, but I would consider none of the songs "Art". They are pure pop, the only song I would consider arty is Venus, but that's one of the weaker songs in my opinion.

People keep saying this, but what criteria do you have for art that hasn't been met?

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived