💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dazed Digital review ARTPOP

My Little Phoney

Featured Posts

I love the Scheiße reference in Gypsy, so I'm glad they mention that because it shows that they were actually listening to ARTPOP :awkney:

Sometimes you feel like the person only listened to Applause and then talks about ARTPOP :rip:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a better review. As usual, I don't expect reviewers to really do their jobs properly and research a bit to understand what the tracks are about, to avoid spilling filth like it happened right here with Donatella. Saying the "message" of the song is anti-BTW in concept is a really shallow assumption. But, overall, really nice review. 

GO, ARTPOP, GO! :party:

I agree with the fact that I don't really see the "ART" aspect of the album. Like they said, where is the "reverse warholian expedition" that she talked about multiple times?

I'm Chloe. Except the C and the L are silent.

This mirrors most of my thoughts on the album. It should have been shorter with the cut songs being featured on the deluxe version. I'm going to get a lot of crap for this but oh well....Venus, Donatella, and Fashion! shouldn't of made the cut. They scream filler and are the three songs to me that don't have much charting potential.

Overall though, this was a great album and definite improvement on BTW.

Mister G

I agree with the fact that I don't really see the "ART" aspect of the album. Like they said, where is the "reverse warholian expedition" that she talked about multiple times?

Maybe in the music videos for each song?? Who knows but it's a valid question. It could also be interpreted as the sound of each song since the music on ARTPOP doesn't really sound like anything she's done before. Take The Fame and The Fame Monster where songs like Monster and So Happy I Could Die sounded like material you could find on The Fame. I think a shorter album would have been better. Save songs like Venus for ARTPOP Act II if that's all experimental.

OysterBaby

agree with everything this article says except the MARY JANE HOLLAND COULD BE HAPPILY DONE AWAY WITH  :shocked:  :deadbanana:

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived