Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Guardian: 10 Things We Learned From Hearing ARTPOP

Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

I only disagree with Jewels & Drugs, but the review is pretty spot-on. Even the negative points.

Yeah. Venus and MJH are messes. But I like that they're messes :sweat:

Its not all stanning yall, did you read?

but when the songs aren't good enough to support the weight of the clanging metaphors (the almost parodical, self-produced Venus (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nP3ctBs3510), the cluttered Mary Jane Holland, the terrible Fashion!), it all just feels a bit empty.

:lmao: Venus and MJH are great :crossed:

I love both songs. Mary Jane Holland is currently my favorite song from the album. But I can see why people find it too produced, I love how layered it is tho.

And the humor in Venus could be seen as parodical, lol. I don't exactly see it that way, but I get where he is coming from.

Computer

"the Mariachi-goes-EDM stomp of Aura"

Mariachi? What are they hearing? :confused:  

I was thrown off reading that too... mariachi, what?

💚💛💕❣⭕💱💱 | ⓜⓔⓡⓡ⓹ Â©â“—â“Ąâ“˜â“ąâ“Łâ“œâ“â“ą

Yeah. Venus and MJH are messes. But I like that they're messes :sweat:

Yup. It's Gaga after all.  :)

Agree on the comments about J&D tbh. 

I said awhile back that this will be the album that slips into the 60s on Metacritic and I still think it will happen. It's not important because the music is wonderful, but I just have a feeling that the critics will be a little stiff this time around.

I'm getting nervous for ARTPOP's reception from critics kinda

I am too. I feel like some people are going to butcher it.

What could happen? ARTPOP doing less than PRISM? Yes.

I feel as though most of the really positive PRISM reviews were mostly riding off the fact that Roar was such a success. Those reviewers wouldn't dare give "the biggest pop star on the planet" a bad review.

Gaga is still massive, but she's not Born This Way massive. There's more to hate on now. I feel like some unprofessional reviewers will fall into the "hype" that Gaga is not what she used to be and let that affect their view on the album. Maybe it's just paranoia.....we'll see.

Oh I never even thought of that :emo:  Katy has like such a "clean" record in the media compared to what people could say about Gaga :(

I said awhile back that this will be the album that slips into the 60s on Metacritic and I still think it will happen. It's not important because the music is wonderful, but I just have a feeling that the critics will be a little stiff this time around.

Yeah, I could see that happening, especially after already reading some mixed reviews.

gonna be really interesting to see how this album is perceived by both critics and the gp I mean the fan base seems pretty torn over some aspects too - I just hope it does well so that maybe it will stop some of the negativity on this site, 

Arturo

Oh I never even thought of that :emo:  Katy has like such a "clean" record in the media compared to what people could say about Gaga :(

Yup. Applause did great as a single. It was a hit, and anyone with common sense knows it was. HOWEVER, it wasn't a Bad Romance or Born This Way smash. That's yet another reason for them to hate on Gaga. It's horrible, I know, but that's just how biased some critics are.

Archived