Arturo

Featured Posts

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arturo

I'm getting nervous for ARTPOP's reception from critics kinda

So am I. 

PRISM ended up with a score of 62 from a combined 23 critics' reviews so let's hope that's an indicator that ARTPOP won't fall under that since critics generally favor Gaga over Katy.

Pop Art

...while Gypsy – the only song here to feature input from long-term collaborator RedOne – is an epic narrative about fame and loneliness bolted onto an Edge of Gloryesque electropop rush that features a brilliant vocal riff that's up there with "p-p-p-poker face".

Yes, stan for my baby. ♥

MetalHausOfJosh

I'm getting nervous for ARTPOP's reception from critics kinda

This! I'm stressing. But IMO it's Gaga's best album

Arturo

I just like that they're being honest.

There's no "let me just write a bad review because I hate Gaga" or any ass-kissing like PRISM's Independent Review from the U.K which seemed to be more focused on her success over there than the actual music.

Redstreak

It may not be by much, but I'm confident that ARTPOP can get a better score than TF and BTW.

Take a moment to think of just flexibility, love, and trust~

So am I. 

PRISM ended up with a score of 62 from a combined 23 critics' reviews so let's hope that's an indicator that ARTPOP won't fall under that since critics generally favor Gaga over Katy.

Do you actually think that could happen? Surely this album will get mostly positive reviews, and I just cant understand Prism getting higher reviews then ARTPOP.

Ricochetmatt

Yeah they dragged those songs :rip:

The rest was generally positive :sweat:

To be fair, MJH deserves to be dragged. It's a mess. And monsters will come to see that once their MJH high ends. 

Shame on them for dissin' Venus, though.

Arturo

Do you actually think that could happen? Surely this album will get mostly positive reviews

What could happen? ARTPOP doing less than PRISM? Yes.

I feel as though most of the really positive PRISM reviews were mostly riding off the fact that Roar was such a success. Those reviewers wouldn't dare give "the biggest pop star on the planet" a bad review.

Gaga is still massive, but she's not Born This Way massive. There's more to hate on now. I feel like some unprofessional reviewers will fall into the "hype" that Gaga is not what she used to be and let that affect their view on the album. Maybe it's just paranoia.....we'll see.

Archived