💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga Related Random Conversation Thread

THING

Featured Posts

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 years of "hard" work, and we end up with recycled beats? Am I the only one who is a bit pissed right now?

Gaga worked like crazy (understatement), as did DJWS (and Madeon on his songs) but Zedd's disrespectful idiocy re: Aura and Donatella pisses me off. Still love those songs a lot though, but that's because of Gaga. :)

EdgeofTeeth

Although this does kind of annoy me because I feel like Zedd should've worked harder (like DJWS and Madeon obviously did), I don't care as much as half of y'all because I love the songs  :ohwell:

Gaga worked like crazy (understatement), as did DJWS (and Madeon on his songs) but Zedd's disrespectful idiocy re: Aura and Donatella pisses me off. Still love those songs a lot though, but that's because of Gaga. :)

gaga personally requested to purchase the aura instrumental, though?  so she probably did it for this song too when going through his repertoire.  why is this zedd's fault?

SpaceAce

If anything this just highlights Gaga's abilities as a pop singer / writer. The song was utter trash and now it's...Donatella. Shows that her producers don't have much of an influence on her melodies. She gives too much writing credit to her producers too. And I don't see anything wrong with Zedd re-using his old work as it wasn't a released track. Many popular bands do the same thing - the musicians will record the track and the vocalist writes the lyrics and the melodies. I don't see why popstars and Gaga get such a bad rep for doing the same with edm producers.

gaga personally requested to purchase the aura instrumental, though?

I stand corrected. I remember now, I'd totally forgotten that. :sweat:

Anyway, I remember a thread last week how someone felt Gaga had treated Zedd badly by only giving him three songs - and some agreed. Well, it was the right thing to do, wasn't it? With DJWS (and probably Madeon) it was a meeting of the minds, the production was tailored to her melody, lyrics and concept of the sound the song should have. I imagine she caught on early on that he wasn't going to provide anything new for her and create WITH her so she didn't give him more than 3 songs (or she still doesn't know about Donatella).

But Zedd still produced it, I don't see any problem with that unless he recycled someone else's song.

Government Hooker was an old slow beat that DJWS made and they sped it up...

I still love Donatella and Aura :)

Do you hear that? It's poison.

Ew. I hope she doesn't work with Zedd again, 2/3 songs he did on ARTPOP weren't created originally with Gagz.

Wtf what kind of floppy producer? Lmao

• Mills locked this topic

Archived