💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

My ARTPOP Review

hausofkc

Featured Posts

hausofkc

Aura - This song has been out for a good while now so it isn't anything new. I kind of miss the demo vocals. Something about the demo vocals had more "oomph!" The new verses don't really match up with the chorus vocals. Something about it is choppy but it is still a great song with great production. However, I don't think it should have been the opening song on ARTPOP.  7/10

Venus - When I first saw the lyrics I was so like, "um what?" and when I first heard the song I was half/half on liking it to pure confusion. The breakdown is pretty great and I ended up catching myself singing it after it was released. Lyrically I think it is a bit messy but Gaga does a great job with the production, her debut at that. 8/10

G.U.Y. - THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE FIRST SONG, OPENING ARTPOP! Something about the intro gives me opening up the album teas. This song is perfect. The melody, lyrics, production, vocals... GREAT! It is so catchy. For some reason the build up verses before the chorus reminds me of something that would be in a Disney movie (like old ones)... that's not bad though! 10/10

Sexxx Dreams - Let me just say that I played the hell out of the itunes festival version of this so when I first heard this version it kind of ruined it. I do like the new backing vocals of "you...were...in...my" I think the itunes version was stronger though. Still a good sensual song. The talking in it is perfect! 8/10

Jewels N Drugs - This beat is so sick! I think it's great that Gaga is showing versatility in this album and respected rappers. I personally love this song, but of course it's the itunes live version vs this version that kills it for me. The song is great but I feel that it doesn't really flow... it's like Gaga, rapper, Gaga, Gaga, ...oh a rapper. Something about the transitions seem off to me. I still applaud her for doing something different. 8/10

MANiCURE - Now this version I do like better than the itunes festival. These are the vocals I was talking about when I mean OOMPH! The melody is so catchy and I can see a bunch of girls singing this while they're getting ready to go out. The clapping is so contagious. I do kind of miss the heeeeealll meeeee. But the can you feel, feel it fits better with the beats. 10/10

Do What U Want - Second single. Loved it since it was released a couple weeks ago. The lyrics are kind of medicore. "I stand up, then i'm okay...." Yeah, kinda cringe worthy lyrics at the beginning but the production makes up for it because I barely notice the lyrics cause i'm too busy jamming. I don't mind R. Kelly's verse. Their voices blend really well for this track and it flows, unlike Jewels N Drugs. 9/10

ARTPOP - This song is GODLY in headphones! I'm probably the only one that doesn't mind that the heehee's are lowered down, hey atleast they're still there. This is such a relaxing song and her vocals are gorgeous on it. "My ARTPOP could mean anything" I love how it is in the middle of the album and Aura end the song with ART-POP and Applause ends with A-R-T-P-O-P. Clever. 9/10

Swine - This is another heavy production song. I didn't like the itunes festival version but I love this version for some reason. This is another listen in your headphones type song. The long drawn out synth(?) that is around 3:30 before the breakdown is like orgasm to my heads. It gives me chills and the pig squeal synths are so cute. Like I said this is more a showcase of production rather than vocals. 8/10

Donatella - MY THEME SONG (minus being skinny, and rich..cause i'm fat and poor but HEY, i'm blonde) This song is so good. I can see this being played in clubs all over. I don't know what the hell she's saying in half the song but that chorus is wonderful! VOOODOOO! 10/10

Fashion! - Alright, this song and Dope kind of seen as the eyesores of this album. I'll be honest, when I first heard it I was like meh but the more I listen to it it's not THAT bad. It gives a nice transition from heavy produced songs (Swine, Donatella) to a chill song. The Will.i.am trying to speak broken french I could do without though. 7/10

Mary Jane Holland - This melody is so great. A lot of people are seeing this more of as a "d--g" song but I'm seeing it more of a travler song. The "cause I love love" part is genius and so catchy. The production is perfect too! I love the cute introduction and could see Gaga using this alter ego later on in the era. 10/10

Dope - Okay... When I first heard this song it was killing me because it's the same melody of I Wanna Be With You and I wanted to hear THAT song not this one. After I couple of listens I got used to it. It's not as bad as people are saying. It's a ballad... I mean, what more do you expect? Her vocals deliver, of course, as always. I think it's pretty beautiful the more I listen to it but I was hoping for more backing to it. It would sound gorgeous with some strings rather than just piano and random synths in the background. It seems a bit thrown together but it has potential. 6/10

Gypsy - Everyone seems to really love this song. It reminds me a bit of a certain song Usher did. It's alright, it's not the best song on the album, imo. The whole, "Cause it's the way you treat you mom" part is kind of cheesy and I could've done without it. It really is the EOG meets MTN of this album. The starting build up and the last part is really the best parts of the song. It's catchy and I can see it being used as the final song during the tour.  8/10

Applause - Yeah yeah, we all know it. I'm tired of it now. 7/10

inuborg

My review;

I don't like it

There's no set theme

MY default_large.png CAN MEAN ANYTHING

I root for you. I love you. You, you, you, you.

OMG are you kidding MANiCURE was so destroyed with that can you feel me thing. And she's more like screaming the lyrics than singing them. The guitar/synth riffs on the "I'm the one who's" part are lowered down. Ugh, From being 9 I gave this song a 5.

Oh yeah the s-x dreams chorus, I do love the itunes fest chorus version better but the production in the studio one was amazing. We can't just have both can we?

Overall awesome review!

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived