💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

YouTube Music Awards LIVE

Unicorn De Milo

Featured Posts

Allison M

who cares if Gaga didn't win?

1. It's not like this is the most relevant award, I'm sure Gaga isn't too devastated. 

2. I'm sure she is happy for the other people that won and we should be too. Whether we know them or not they obviously had a great video and it's nice that they have been recognized for it. instead of just giving it to a big name known all over the world, it will give this group some exposure, so good for them. 

I'm indifferent about the performance because i'm not really into the song itself and I really REALLY dislike seeing Gaga sad, but i'm also glad that she feel safe enough and comfortable enough to open up about something so personal and close to her.

• Replies 967
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AgusPop

• Unicorn De Milo

• Sexxx

• MonsterMarty

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

pie-kun

The show is already getting dragged.

USA Today: YouTube Music Awards: steaming of consciousness?

NEW YORK  Internet superstars stepped out from behind the computer screen and onto the stage at Pier 36 Sunday night to make history at the first YouTube Music Awards.

Hosted by Jason Schwartzman and Reggie Watts and featuring live performances by Lady Gaga, Eminem and other pop and rock greats, YouTube set quite a challenge for itself in the show's first year: The event was live-streamed the world over, and the awards were entirely dependent on the participation of viewers. Unfortunately, it got distracted by its own gimmick, and the chaos overwhelmed the otherwise inspired performances and subsequent dance parties.

Unlike the Grammys or the MTV Video Music Awards, winners were voted on entirely by fans, with One Direction, Miley Cyrus and Nicki Minaj among the nominees. With director Spike Jonze at the creative helm of the ceremony, the YouTube Music Awards promised  and delivered  a volley of strange surprises, including the creation and broadcast of music videos with notable talents as the show unfolded. This wasn't your typical red-carpet affair with a few songs and dances thrown in between acceptance speeches, but a frenzied, disorganized (albeit spontaneous and fun) event that broke down boundaries between YouTube stars and their fans. The YouTube Music Awards sought to redefine expectations for a celebration of popular music, and instead fell short of revolutionizing them.

LA Times: Spike Jonze "I think we're done"

Nothing summed up the tumult and chaos of the inaugural YouTube Music Awards like webcast director Spike Jonze's final words to host Jason Schwartzman after 88 minutes of unscripted freakiness.

"I think we're done," said an exhausted-looking Jonze, having just shimmied out of the strange white protective spacesuit-looking thing he was wearing, likely to protect himself from the chalk and fairy dust that was unleashed during singer M.I.A's performance.

Schwartzman too deemed that an appropriate farewell for the night, and he repeated the phrase. Schwartzman and co-host Reggie Watts were covered in the aforementioned detritus from the show, and both looked extremely relieved as they said goodnight.

It couldn't have been easy trying to command a (small) worldwide cadre of super-fickle Internet viewers, distracted as they generally are by smartphones and social media apps. And Schwartzman and Watts did their best with what they had.

Still, as the night wore on, many on Twitter were crossing their fingers that it would end on time. YouTube promised a 90-minute show and brought it home with two minutes to spare, proving that, in this case, shorter really is sweeter.
Edited by pie-kun

Lion Heart

So who did Gaga won? Like i'm so confused.

She won the love of the GP I guess

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

She won the love of the GP I guess

You think so?

> Makes awesome pop songs

> GP not feeling it

> Pours heart out in simple ballad

> Crowd roars

RedandBlue

I was there tonight. I can't convey how amazing this was. Then after the show we spotted Gaga and Taylor in a VIP section, one foot away from us for about 5 minutes. She had the fake teeth and was kissing Taylor. I couldn't handle it...

RedandBlue

^To add to that, her mood was definitely more cheerful afterwards. She looked like she was having a lot fun with Taylor and it really contrasted with the Dope performance.

^To add to that, her mood was definitely more cheerful afterwards. She looked like she was having a lot fun with Taylor and it really contrasted with the Dope performance.