💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

AUS Charts Discussion

Mills

Featured Posts

MelbHawker

Really the gp doesn't know about those songs in Australia? I think you're giving them too little credit. Yes, they weren't hit singles but the entire world knows those songs. Again it's just a question as I'm not Australian but the impression I got was that they weren't successful chart wise but everyone's heard them a few times.

I'm not kidding.. no-one knows Judas/MTN. You+I is now liked by the GP. Radio didn't play Judas, neither did all the music video channels on TV. It was 'inappropriate'. I only ever saw it once on TV and never heard it on radio. MTN.. it hit like #80 on the iTunes charts and then faded into flop.

BTW/TEOG are the only 2 that the general Oz public would recognise - trust me on that one.

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Griffin

• Americano

• Luc

• craig

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not kidding.. no-one knows Judas/MTN. You+I is now liked by the GP. Radio didn't play Judas, neither did all the music video channels on TV. It was 'inappropriate'. I only ever saw it once on TV and never heard it on radio. MTN.. it hit like #80 on the iTunes charts and then faded into flop.

BTW/TEOG are the only 2 that the general Oz public would recognise - trust me on that one.

wow that sucks :( poor Gaga. I live in Malta (doubt anyone would know where that is). And even people who don't like Gaga know all those songs. And here we're like super catholic or whatever so they played the Judas song but whenever the video was requested on tv they played a live version (from SNL I believe) instead lol.

MelbHawker

wow that sucks :( poor Gaga. I live in Malta (doubt anyone would know where that is). And even people who don't like Gaga know all those songs. And here we're like super catholic or whatever so they played the Judas song but whenever the video was requested on tv they played a live version (from SNL I believe) instead lol.

lol - the GP in Australia here like all the generic ****. Put **** like Carly Rae and Gangnam Style in front of them and the masses think music's been revolutionised :smh:

lol - the GP in Australia here like all the generic ****. Put **** like Carly Rae and Gangnam Style in front of them and the masses think music's been revolutionised :smh:

Don't worry even over here. Well, it's more that the radios play all those **** songs. The public really has no choice but to listen to them. But they get fed up real quickly. What they like playing in the clubs though are even ****tier music (flo rida, pitbull, etc...) sometimes i do here edge of glory though. I even heard judas twice :) (but my friend requested that from the DJ both times xD)

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ariachart...hart/albums/470

Kesha's album #12.. Rihanna debuted at #8 a couple weeks ago.

It's a tough market for dance pop girls selling albums.

Meanwhile Canadian Michael Buble is #1.

Ke$ha's album actually deserves to be #1 eventually IMO.

Australia's music taste is so floppy :pukey: :pukey:

• 3 months later...
Gaga is Life

aint it sad. I was listening to that earlier...

BTW at 57 is as high as Gaga got :cry:

How can Bad Romance and Poker Face not even be in the top 100 :cry: And some of the songs above it, they didn't even reach #1 on iTunes :(

• 2 months later...

LET'S REJUVENATE THIS THREAD! :party:

I did some calculating today, and Gaga has sold 2.55M records in Australia (as of Dec 2011, before the mere announcement of the BTWB!)

This number could be up around 2.75M now - considering that Born This Way was only 7 months old at the last tally (it has since tripled in age, had 1 more single and an ultra-succesful supporting tour leg). The Fame Monster has had the same treatment, having not been updated since April 2010. Don't even get me started on The Fame - the last tally was in April of 2009 (during the Poker Face madness), it has since had three supporting tours over 4 years amongst other things. 

Excluding Marry The Night (of which we have no data for) and her collabs - Gaga has moved 1.99M singles in Australia. As this is mostly drawn from obsolete information it could certainly be said that she's sold over 2 million by now. This ****s on her competitors, with Beyoncé (in a career spanning 10 years) selling 1.3M and Katy Perry - 1.7M. Rihanna does however take the lead, with 2.76M singles (in double the time Gaga has had ;) ). 

By the end of the ARTPOP era I guarantee she'll happily be sitting on a number somewhere around 4M (taking into account the un-updated numbers we have at the moment). 

SomethingMore

LET'S REJUVENATE THIS THREAD! :party:

I did some calculating today, and Gaga has sold 2.55M records in Australia (as of Dec 2011, before the mere announcement of the BTWB!)

This number could be up around 2.75M now - considering that Born This Way was only 7 months old at the last tally (it has since tripled in age, had 1 more single and an ultra-succesful supporting tour leg). The Fame Monster has had the same treatment, having not been updated since April 2010. Don't even get me started on The Fame - the last tally was in April of 2009 (during the Poker Face madness), it has since had three supporting tours over 4 years amongst other things. 

Excluding Marry The Night (of which we have no data for) and her collabs - Gaga has moved 1.99M singles in Australia. As this is mostly drawn from obsolete information it could certainly be said that she's sold over 2 million by now. This ****s on her competitors, with Beyoncé (in a career spanning 10 years) selling 1.3M and Katy Perry - 1.7M. Rihanna does however take the lead, with 2.76M singles (in double the time Gaga has had ;) ). 

By the end of the ARTPOP era I guarantee she'll happily be sitting on a number somewhere around 4M (taking into account the un-updated numbers we have at the moment). 

Its still weird how BTW hasn't gone 3x platinum (210,000).

Its still weird how BTW hasn't gone 3x platinum (210,000).

Would they definitely update it once it did? The 140,000 figure was as of December 2011 - surely with a little help from Marry The Night, her Grammy's appearance, the announcement of dates, the Born This Way Ball, FAME and other things it would have helped it along. It must be just shy of 200,000. 

Is there any way to update the OP with how many weeks each album and song stayed at its peak?