Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

DOPE Audio released on VEVO

Kim Kardashian

Featured Posts

Gagaloo911

Wow I really like it.

Better than IWBWY most definitely and far better lyrics.

I liked IWBWY but its cheesy lyrics made me cringe at times.

This sing though is so full of emotion and melancholy. I love it.

And the fact it's so stripped down to just get voice and the piano makes it magical. FINALLY a true ballad again from her!

This makes me so happy. Glad I listened. I was planning to, since I haven't listened to Venus or any of the leaks

Just this now along with Applause, DWUW and Aura. Can't wait to be slayed by the rest of this album on 11.11 :party:

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
giskardsb

I just cannot accept the fact that lyrics have become so different and BAD

i always sing I Wanna Be With You lyrics over DOPE because i just cannot get over it

the lyrics are not BAD at all, they are some of her most heartfelt, raw lyrics ever.  

This is Gaga the artist, not Gaga the pop star singing about her fans yet again.  This song is a VAST improvement over IWBWY.

Much better than iTunes Festival version (too screechy in my opinion). Very honest that I'm able to imagine her agony when she's singing. Glad she didn't scream twice in the chorus.

Little Kermit

Dope is fantastic. Some of you need to listen to it more carefully, because I am sure you will understand why some of us think it is one of the best songs Gaga created. Also, it reminds me of Imagine Dragons when the bass synths come in. Wonderful. :heart:

I'm so happy she did this. I hated that I Wanna Be With You was a fan song. My biggest hate in this fan base is "mummy monster" - hopefully this is a step to stopping it. 

I'm with you! :worship: TBH IMO the whole little monsters and mother monster schtick sounds childishly immature.

Queen Gloria

I'm very impressed by Dope, it's actually one of my favorite songs from ARTPOP. I expected to hate it because it sounded so much like a poor copy of Hair at the Swinefest when it was I Wanna Be With You. The extra production really helps and I love the reworked lyrics.

I'm sorry for those who don't agree, but the I Wanna Be With You lyrics were so maudlin. Dope is more personal to her own life and I prefer that to another cheesy anthem to the Little Monsters. 

Archived