Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

The Hunger Games

ll7lax

Featured Posts

KingAlanI

RR has talked a lot about fangirl drama and can be dramatic himself, probably that.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChasingTheGhost

• MattyMonster

• KingAlanI

• Parka

KingAlanI

walked around with the 1st book. I had some chance to read it while out and about. Also, carrying the book in public gave me a good chance to talk about it.

some things that came up:

very good at being an action movie with a plot

short books, so the movies aren't long and don't need to have a lot cut out

"Isn't that a girl book?" - That wasn't much of an issue, actually. (although that was the reason I initially wondered why I liked it)

some things I thought before that I said again:

the usual potshots at Twilight

crazed fans annoy the normal ones and make the normal ones look bad (including but not limited to THG)

some stans overrate the work even if it's good (Gaga compared to classic rock, for example)

some thoughts on reading the 1st book:

I watched the movie once already. Even besides the format, this is a different experience - there were some things changed for the movie and some things I didn't notice in the movie.

I almost believed the Katniss-Peeta romance. That indicates Katniss' own conflicted feelings, as well as how well done it was (both the writing and the in-story behavior)

Interesting how it segued to a more-negative ending.

I couldn't help but think of my fanfic.

The original does guide my writing, of course.

I was off on some inconsequential details of the backstory; that doesn't bother me much.

One of the people I was talking to had some knowledge of the fanfic scene from Harry Potter.

Edited by KingAlanI

Queen Gloria

My mom has had to cancel us going to see The Hunger Games because she keeps having stuff come up :( We're going to see it tomorrow if all goes well. I keep worrying that it'll be out of theaters before we get to see it. We're both all hyped up for it :party: I finished reading Catching Fire a couple days ago and it was amazing :legend: I just started Mockingjay but I almost need a little break from the heaviness of Catching Fire before I carry on.

trasdeno

:giveup: just saw THG for the 4th time yesterday. Still gotta keep my poker face many times :ohno: :cry:

Queen Gloria

Oh my god I finally saw it. Oh my god. Just, I can't even explain how flawless it is. Exactly how I pictured the book, and everything was perfect

Rue's death scene oh sweet lawd I was gone :cry:.

I had been waiting so long to see this and both my mom and I were so happy with it :legend: totally buying this as soon as it comes out.

Edited by CarrieMoonbeam

Just finished Mockingjay, finishing the series altogether. I loved it all. :cry:

The series is really good, some of the things I liked the most were:

• the characters

• the first-person and in present-tense narration

• the action-scenes

• Katniss's personal reflections

• the way the love undertone was played

KingAlanI

Oh my god I finally saw it. Oh my god. Just, I can't even explain how flawless it is. Exactly how I pictured the book, and everything was perfect

Rue's death scene oh sweet lawd I was gone :cry:.

I had been waiting so long to see this and both my mom and I were so happy with it :legend: totally buying this as soon as it comes out.

short books, so the movies aren't long and don't need to have a lot cut out

I watched the movie first - for me, movie/book were different experience, but both awesome.

Yes, that was one of the best parts of the movie. My favorite scene was Peeta's interview, though.

buying on DVD, you mean? I already have plenty of other DVD's I haven't watched yet.

Just finished Mockingjay, finishing the series altogether. I loved it all. :cry:

The series is really good, some of the things I liked the most were:

• the characters
  • the first-person and in present-tense narration
  • the action-scenes
  • Katniss's personal reflections
  • the way the love undertone was played

yep, also a huge fan of the series as a whole.

1:

The characterization/acting was great - idealized, yet still imperfect and identifiable.

2 and 4:

good to note that it's present tense, first-person can often be the character reflecting on the past.

"Katniss's personal reflections" would be a part of first-person. Third-person, which the movie kind of did in places. would be interesting It's a good thing when the worst you can say is that you want more.

3:

Among other things, it was great at being an action movie with a plot.

5:

The love undertone was very well balanced compared to the other elements of the story.

Did you guys hear Francis Lawrence will be directing Catching Fire? :legend:

KingAlanI

Did you guys hear Francis Lawrence will be directing Catching Fire? :legend:

yep.

the Bad Romance video has several awesome things including non-shaky camerawork. :P

Queen Gloria

I just hope that Francis Lawrence carries on the same visual aesthetic from the first film. They really did an awesome job with everything visually in the movie from the architecture to the people, so if it changes I'd be pretty annoyed.

yep.

the Bad Romance video has several awesome things including non-shaky camerawork. :P

Exactly! He's an amazing director. Excited to see how he does Catching Fire. And I really hope it sticks to the book.

KingAlanI

Finally finished the next chapter of my Gale's Hunger Games fanfic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8029534/5

also, if you sign up on the site, you can use its alert features to be informed of new chapters. you can leave reviews on there even without creating an account.