• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChasingTheGhost

• MattyMonster

• KingAlanI

• Parka

KingAlanI

:notsure:

yeah, my favorite in awhile, but my overall favorite is still one of the classics.

RedGlitter

I hadn't gotten around to reading the final book until today.

Finnick! Why?! *bawls* Poor Annie.

Also, Prim. All my favorite characters died.

It turned out to be my favorite book of the three. I think the quality was best in this one.

RedGlitter

Why did I click the spoiler button when I haven't read the third book :cry:

Oh, **** I'm sorry. I should've made it a spoiler within a spoiler. I know a single spoiler button can be a giant temptation.

KingAlanI

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/10/magazine/mag-10collins-t.html?_r=1

Great article that focuses on the deep themes Collins brings into the series.

KingAlanI

Fanfics about Mr. Everdeen and Mr. Hawthorne, put together for Father's Day 2012

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8228573/

A song by one of my favorite musicians about losing her father at a young age, with alternate lyrics suited to Katniss’ situation.

(The Gale one isn't finished yet)

KingAlanI

goodbye.

I want to stop partaking of girly entertainment, which include The Hunger Games (and Lady Gaga for that matter).

goodbye.

I want to stop partaking of girly entertainment, which include The Hunger Games (and Lady Gaga for that matter).

:huh:

:toofloppy:

My Little Phoney

goodbye.

mkay

KingAlanI

Maybe I shouldn't be this obsessed with any form of entertainment, macho or not (I've been addicted to guy stuff before). My THG addiction shows up in writing fanfic. Also, maybe I'm writing guy-centric fics to make it seem less girly.

:huh:

:toofloppy:

Soon after I saw Hunger Games, I felt bad about liking a girl movie - maybe I should've stuck with that feeling instead of wasting another couple months on the series.

Intelligent and strong female lead rather than stupid stuff, but still.

mkay

your username reminds me that it could be worse in terms of pretending that girl stuff is guy-appropriate.

your username reminds me that it could be worse in terms of pretending that girl stuff is guy-appropriate.

What the hell? :wtf: enjoy repressing what you like to do just because you think you'll look more manly.

ryhanna

Maybe I shouldn't be this obsessed with any form of entertainment, macho or not (I've been addicted to guy stuff before). My THG addiction shows up in writing fanfic. Also, maybe I'm writing guy-centric fics to make it seem less girly.

Soon after I saw Hunger Games, I felt bad about liking a girl movie - maybe I should've stuck with that feeling instead of wasting another couple months on the series.

Intelligent and strong female lead rather than stupid stuff, but still.

:lmao: Enjoy your heavy metal and ice hockey movies.

KingAlanI

What the hell? :wtf: enjoy repressing what you like to do just because you think you'll look more manly.

I was quoting My Little Phoney there; My Little Pony makes The Hunger Games look like well...heavy metal and ice hockey movies by comparison.

:lmao:

KingAlanI

can't resist my awesome story ideas

just started a different Gale/Katniss storyline (while I still need to work on the old one :flop:) - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8236458/1/An_Unexpected_Occurrence

The Gale-related song idea - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8236569/1/A_Boy_Named_Gale

KingAlanI

regarding THG as something girly:

Why I'm concerned about that is another issue, but that doesn't really feel like an accurate assessment of the series anyway.

Ironically, one of my early thoughts was to think that it was good at being a young girl thing _while also good at being more than that_.

Having male/female tribute pairs was one way to expand the audience. Several of the male characters seem like great role models as well. I can somewhat identify with them.

Are they written as female fantasy guys?

I'm being shown up by folks in an apocalpytic hellhole.

I hope I never end up in that kind of situation. I hope I could perform as well if it did come to that. I worry that I couldn't.

Sometimes, even gender-neutral didn't seem good enough to my sad self.