💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

ARTPOP Song-By-Song Review

Robi

Featured Posts

Stopped reading at Venus being 10/10 tbh :awkney:

Oh, really. :usrs:  My only complaint could be that I liked the G.A.Y. live vocals of the chorus more.  :giggle:

:rip:

It's cute you gave 8.5+ for the entire album :flutter:

What can I say, it truly is her best so far. And it's yet to arrive in HQ.  :sweat:

DeleteMyAccount

1. Aura- "thank god not that machete kills version" 10/10

2. Venus - GOOD JOB GAGA! 9,5/10

3. G.U.Y - i didnt expect that as DOPE as it can be, god that was more than i expect, it was mouthful of beats and loving the intro, Zedd, u GENIUS! 11/10

4. Sexxx Dreams - Loving the added vocals in the chorus, but the verse feels abit weird, gaga's vocal feels overproduced, and the i love the bridge 9/10

5. Jewels N' Drugs - The vocals are too edited....i like the Itunes Festival better, but its great  :sweat:  8/10

6. MANiCURE - Havent heard

7. Do What U Want Ft. R Kelly - NUFF SAID (best Collab)   11/10

8. ARTPOP - I Fckin Love the spacey ****  :worship2:  9.5/10

9. Swine - Havent heard

10. Donatella - Once again, zedd did it, it was addictive, the beat of fashion shows  :legend: 10/10

11. Fashion - I already heard it, but i dont know what to think, i mean its too LQ, i still cant judge it 

12. Mary Jane Holland - Fckin best Gaga BRIDGE of all time, and the ending is masterpiece  :rockstar: reminds me of Queen + ABBA 11/10

13. Dope - Havent heard

14. GYPSY - I love madeon's fresh beats, its a great song! and i love it, i love the music  10/10

15. Applause - NUFF SAID  :clap: 10/10

I like what you said about Donatella.  Would you say the song is like something that would be played at a Versace fashion show; with strut beats and such?  I'm waiting for the iTunes stream to hear it.

hijadeputa

1. Aura- Orgasmic 10/10

2. Venus - It's Gaga's first production and its very good, but I will give it a 9/10

3. G.U.Y - Love the intro, very unique. But I don't like so much that the chorus is so repetive. Very catchy song. 9/10

4. Sexxx Dreams - A DREAM! 10/10

5. Jewels N' Drugs - I like urban music, love this. 10/10

6. MANiCURE - I like it, MANiCURE its a song that I didn't like that much in the beginning but it has grown on me and... 10/10!

7. Do What U Want Ft. R Kelly - Best collab ever. 10/10

8. ARTPOP - I got like a space feeling when I listen to ARTPOP, its perfect. But I hope that the JIIJII is a lil bit higher on the HQ version. 10/10

9. Swine - Thanks god the piano intro didn't make it. Great!! 10/10

10. Donatella - A club smash, Like it but the lyrics is a lil bit weird   9/10

11. Fashion - Its ok. Totally not the best on the album. 8/10

12. Mary Jane Holland - Orgasmic <3 10/10

13. Dope - Haven't heard yet

14. GYPSY - Should be a single, but not the 3rd. 10/10

15. Applause - *Applause* 10/10

1st single - Applause

2nd single - Do What U Want

3rd single - Sexxx Dreams

4th single - Gypsy

5th single - Swine/Jewels & Drugs 

I like what you said about Donatella.  Would you say the song is like something that would be played at a Versace fashion show; with strut beats and such?  I'm waiting for the iTunes stream to hear it.

Sure, absolutely, the beat is DOPE...and fashion-like beat

I just finished this "acid trip" by listening from track 1 to 15 (I excluded Dope because I wanted it to be special. I only plan to listen to it when it's released 4/11) and here's my thoughts. Do take note that I am not a professional reviewer, I'm just giving my honest opinions on each of the songs.

AURA (6/10) - It's sad to say, because I preferred the demo vocals over the album version vocals. However, I ain't gonna go b****in' about how bad it is. Despite the vocals have its flaws, I really like how she sings some of the lines. Not much to talk about though, since we've heard this way back in August. 

VENUS (8/10) - I really really loved this song when the first snippet was released. I loved how the verses give such disco vibes. It really brings back The Fame era teas. The overall song was really good. I love the build up to the chorus. One main issue I have with this song is how messy it is when transitioning (if you may) from the first verse to the pre chorus. But as a fully Gaga produced track, I think it's very impressive. 

G.U.Y (8/10) - This song gives me a lot of mixed feelings. The intro was really good but when it came to the chorus, I was slightly disappointed because I thought "I wanna be that guy" would be the pre-chorus and then the "true chorus" would be this big club banger. However that did not happen. But I guess it's a great song, single worthy.

SEXXX DREAMS (9/10) - When I first heard this performed at SwineFest, I wasn't a huge fan of this song. But this song is a grower, and the album version gives a lot more reasons why I should love this song. I love the extra touches she added to the songs. Single worthy.

JEWELS N' DRUGS (5/10) - Not a personal favorite of mine. But I guess it'll grow on me as time passes. I just wished she had less features on this song because the rappers are all over the place, it's messy.

MANiCURE (9/10) - I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS SONG when it was performed at SwineFest. Everything about this song is perfect! I love how she sort of play with the lyrics a little. However, I don't get why the beginning of the song is cut off. I wished she had kept the way the song started at SwineFest. I really love the new lyrics added.

DO WHAT U WANT (7/10) - I have very mixed feelings about this song as well. I thought the collab with R. Kelly was genius, but there's just something about this song that gives me really mixed feelings. The bridge, however, is really good. Gaga is really an extremely amazing vocalist.

ARTPOP (7/10) - When this was premiered at SwineFest, I immediately thought Gaga was joking. Because I expected ARTPOP to be this club banger record but it turned out to be tribal-ish kind of song. Like Sexxx Dreams, this wasn't a favorite of mine until I gave it a couple more listens. I really love the prechorus.

SWINE (9/10) - I loved this song when it premiered at SwineFest. What's not to love about this song, anyway? I wished she had kept the piano intro though. That was the best part. I also wished she had worked more on the vocals. For some reason, she sounds really sloppy in some of the songs on ARTPOP.

DONATELLA (10/10) - This is the song that represents Gaga, herself, in my opinion. The production on this track is amazing. I love the build up leading to the chorus DOH NUH TELLA!,  I thought it was a neat touch. Totally single worthy/material.

FASHION! (5/10) - This one really surprised me because of how toned down it is. With will.i.am's production you always expect this club banger type of record, but Fashion! was something different. So far, it's not my favorite. I don't see myself repeating it any time soon until I spend enough time with the album.

MARY JANE HOLLAND (8/10) - I love the Bloody Mary teas the song is giving me. It's a great song, the verses are really good. I've always loved dark gaga vocals. What I don't like about this song is how messy it gets when it gets to the "MARY........JANE..........HOLLAND...." part. It sounds overproduced a little and I'm not a fan of that.

GYPSY (10/10) - THIS SONG IS LIKE A HYBRID OF TEOG, MTN AND HAIR ALL IN ONE. IT'S SO SO GOOD, IT MAKES ME SO HAPPY DESPITE THE MELANCHOLY LYRICS. Everything about this song is perfect. I really want Gaga to make this a single, and have a MTN-ish video to go along with it.

APPLAUSE (9/10) - This song is great. Still catchy as hell after all the new songs came out. 

Overall, I give ARTPOP the album a 8.5/10.

Compared to Gaga's other work ARTPOP > TFM > TF > BTW. 

Single materials: Applause, DWUW, GUY, DONATELLA, GYPSY

• Shadow locked this topic

Archived