Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Will 'ARTPOP' miss #1 in the US?

Americano

Featured Posts

bumblebee

It's difficult to say as we only have the Recovery second week sales (313,000 copies) and the prediction of 375,000 copies for ARTPOP first week (which many people believe is based on taking it out of the air) . 

Recovery was released in June before Love The Way You Lie became a single, so it's possible to say his previous album also relied on his rap-fan audience at first (pretty much like this record). 

Anyway, I believe that if Gaga does some promo, she will be able to top Eminem's second week. If we only get the artRave and YouTube music awards, then it's questionable. 

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
whiteboi1327

I'm getting 2 copies haha. If it fails to hit #1 then it is what it is but I'm sure it will hit it.

It's possible. Also remmember what Troy said: they're here for longetivity, not big boom and be gone. I'd rather see ARTPOP chart for year (or more) then have monster first week sales and the slide into oblivion.

Economy

no. Eminem was stronger at the time he released Recovery. He hada strong lead single (Im not afraid ). Bezerk was a weak moderate hit at best and he isnt as big

Im not saying he wont debut at #1... but his sales wont be as strong as last time... so 2nd week they shouldnt be strong enough to block Gaga!

no. Eminem was stronger at the time he released Recovery. He hada strong lead single (Im not afraid ). Bezerk was a weak moderate hit at best and he isnt as big

Im not saying he wont debut at #1... but his sales wont be as strong as last time... so 2nd week they shouldnt be strong enough to block Gaga!

His album has been #1 on iTunes for a week and sold more than arcade fire in their debut week.

Album's not out yet.

Lawd have mercy, if she doesn't, I'm not coming to GGD for at least a week. It'll be like an atomic bomb went off here. The meltdowns...

• Mills locked this topic

Archived