💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga shuts down Madonna comparisons

yxi

Featured Posts

Les inrocks - But do you want to be a pop icon?

Lady Gaga - If I wanna rule the world? The answer is yes. I think that secretly everyone wants to rule the world. But most people are afraid to say so.

oh gags     

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Omg looking at this from the main page looks like it says "Gaga shuts down Madonna.com" :legend:

I thought that as well :smh:

Lady Gaga - If I wanna rule the world? The answer is yes. I think that secretly everyone wants to rule the world. But most people are afraid to say so.

oh gags     

:toofunga:

Didymus

That "rule the world" comment is a bit ridiculous :smh: But whatever, glad she's finally talking about it.

And what's with the waitress comment. Is that supposed to mean anything?

Did she lie though? Lady Gaga's made it clear she doesn't want to rule the world

Just realized on how many waitress who can sing in USA.

Kelly Clarkson was a waitress too prior her audition on Idol.

Fergie was a waitress too, before the BEP, and Mariah Carey too

Madonuts

:dead:  :deadbanana:  :rip:

But in some book about Gaga someone wrote that her former manager (don't remember his name) asked her what she wants and she said "world domination"......

Well, whatever, we all change and that's good

Pretty funny a few pages later how there is a quote saying gaga wouldn't mind ruling the world. Good lord this fan base has some growing up to do

Jenniferella

Madonnas ambition was to change the world tho so

"I have been writing LG5 since I was 13"

oh gags     

Illuminati Freak

Madonna is a goddamn icon. She has conquered every visual and musical style and has proven that she's a great videographer, auteur, conceptual artist, performer, and songwriter. She has also committed herself to philanthropy around the world in a way Gaga has not held a candle to.

Putting her down as being "full of herself" is ridiculous because she gives more to charity and does more good around the world than our fave does. Fact. Yeah the Gaga-Madonna comparisons are annoying for both Gaga fans and Gaga herself because it seems to dilute her originality, but consider the fact that Gaga is the only female who seems to actually present an actual legacy-wide threat to Madonna. Take it as a compliment. 

Madonna and Lady Gaga are NOT original artists by any means. They're both innovative, bold, ambitious and talented women. They also both have one thing in common: Their artistry is heavily derivative. Madonna just came first. And the same way Madonna looked to Marilyn, Bette and Cher to craft her own vision, Gaga looks to Madonna to craft her own. Gaga will always invite comparisons to Madonna because of that but don't let that make you look at Madonna in a negative light. Without her Gaga would be a completely different artist today. Appreciate Madonna's legacy and use that appreciation to better understand Gaga's artistry, because despite the conflict the two seem to have Gaga HAS drawn a lot of her craft from Madonna's pioneering career, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. The same way Gaga's drawn from Madonna's career moves, Madonna will be drawing from Gaga's career moves today. 

:tea:  :clap:

Archived