UK Chart Exclusion Explanation

meow

Featured Posts

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TSUNAMI

:lmao:

Not gonna comment because if I do, I'd have to give MYSELF a warning point.

:lmao:

U can PM me if you wanna I wouldn't tell anyone :laughga:

Do What U Want, and any other songs from the album, WILL be eligible to chart come November 11.

Lady Gaga’s Do What U Want (featuring R Kelly) will become chart eligible once the related album pre-order promotion ends. Official Chart rules, as agreed in committee with the British music industry, allow one ‘instant grat’ promotion per album, i.e a single track download given away as an album pre-order incentive. Do What U Want is the second track to be delivered to fans who pre-order ARTPOP, the track will become eligible to chart once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November.

Source: 

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/lorde-and-james-arthur-go-head-to-head-in-battle-for-number-1-on-official-singles-chart-2561/

All they can do now that will make sense is keep Venus as the second single here. Go ahead with the original X Factor performance as planned, but release it as a standalone single and NOT available with the album pre-order. Otherwise, she just won't have a second pre-album single in the UK.

elijahfan

So basically, polydor/gaga need to realise this before Sunday and change Venus to the official single in the Uk at least?

When DWUW was becoming unavailable in several countries this morning, I thought it meant they were making it a US only single, and keeping Venus as an international single.

When DWUW was becoming unavailable in several countries this morning, I thought it meant they were making it a US only single, and keeping Venus as an international single.

Me too

I'm happy for Gaga to not stress out about having to do a brand new performance and release Venus instead :party:

"Lady Gaga’s Do What U Want (featuring R Kelly) will become chart eligible once the related album pre-order promotion ends. Official Chart rules, as agreed in committee with the British music industry, allow one ‘instant grat’ promotion per album, i.e a single track download given away as an album pre-order incentive. Do What U Want is the second track to be delivered to fans who pre-order ARTPOP, the track will become eligible to chart once the current chosen promotional period ends and the full album is released on 11 November."

Thanks for this, I'll add to OP.

Thanks for this, I'll add to OP.

No probs :)

Why don't they release it separately onto UK iTunes? :duck:

I, and some others, have a feeling that Venus will go ahead as the second single here as planned. That way they wouldn't have to suddenly change The X Factor performance on Sunday too.

Archived