💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Dance With The Dead denies "Do What U Want" sample/plagiarism.

No Angel

Featured Posts

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whiskey Mouth

GET. THAT. PROMO. i'm a dance with the dead fan now tbh. let's buy their new album and make it #1!  :omfgaga:

Evan Peters

At least they denied it and didn't go after Gaga like some people do. 

emma roberts is an abuser

OOP! 

The Madonna/Britney fans must be so pissed now. All that research and it's all for nothing! 

The dedication some stans have is by far ridiculous... 

tumblr_inline_muzl5fUC5b1qft0nv.gif

Ricochetmatt

Similar yes, but it's also a very generic sound. One that only really plays during the intro to DWUW and during the chorus (faintly).

They're not suing her because  they wouldn't have a case. It's a super generic instrumentation, a pulsing synth bass. Tons of songs do this - check the other thread for like four examples. It was part of the 80s style. It sounds similar because they draw from the same inspiration. Saying this is plagiarism would be like saying using a common chord progression is plagiari- wait. So yeah, some elements in songs get fashionable and get used. That's not plagiarism; it's using a tool from a shared tool box.

From them: "we think the songs don't sound alike in any way (go listen and you guys decide)."

Good thing they seem to be honest about it. They could have twisted the truth to make it seem like she stole it but didn't. It's nice to know there are people out there not trying to make a quick buck by lying and exploitation.

Wow. Usually underground bands that get associated with Gaga tend to go after her tooth and nail, but Dance With the Dead reacted with dignity and an objective approach.  :clap:

I love judas SO MUCH but I canÊčt look like a copycat of JLO!!!!

heavymlover

I love Madonna fans. They looked so hard for a similar song and they seem to forget that Madonna herself is the queen of references.

So anyway, I'm glad that these guys are so professional. They could've started a ****storm just to get some money from her, but they decided not to. Plus, if we start suing every single person that recycles a generic synth, everyone would be on the court right now.

Daredevil

Did I do this thread correctly? Lol, i was a bit nervous about posting this. Didn't want to get a wp or my first news thread closed. lol

Yes you did... You didn't say "hello guys" or something like that :hor:

Archived