• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kenon Astro

• GagaMyBlood95

• MonsterOfSpain

• Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Elizabeth

Having now listened to DWYW I can see the relevance between the lyrics and her tweets last night - but I think the song is strong enough to stand on it's own without all that. Whatever happened to stop the drama start the music? 

I don't think she was starting drama though. She was referencing what other people had said about her, they weren't her own words. I think it was good she did it in that it allowed people to see what the real meaning of the song is, being hounded by the media and how that's now out of her control. :)

Having now listened to DWYW I can see the relevance between the lyrics and her tweets last night - but I think the song is strong enough to stand on it's own without all that. Whatever happened to stop the drama start the music? 

her tweets were a direct manifestation of that message. "stop doing this." ....I can't really believe I'm seeing your sentiment in more than one post. 

SouthernBlonde

her tweets were a direct manifestation of that message. "stop doing this." ....I can't really believe I'm seeing your sentiment in more than one post. 

I get your point, and whilst we fans may get that - I don't think that's the way it's coming across to everybody else.

I know right? Why worry about everybody else? But the public are important. Gaga wants to be successful and she wants to do well, so she needs to have the public on her side, or at least sympathetic. And to a lot of people I've spoken to, they find the tweets very dramatic and starting trouble when there hadn't been any for a while. The timing of it too - the day Prism dropped, has been noted by some. Still, I argued that it was to do with DWYW and nothing to do with 'shading' Katy or whatever. I just think the message of it being a direct manifestation will be lost on the majority, that's all. 

MonsterMarty

I get your point, and whilst we fans may get that - I don't think that's the way it's coming across to everybody else.

I know right? Why worry about everybody else? But the public are important. Gaga wants to be successful and she wants to do well, so she needs to have the public on her side, or at least sympathetic. And to a lot of people I've spoken to, they find the tweets very dramatic and starting trouble when there hadn't been any for a while. The timing of it too - the day Prism dropped, has been noted by some. Still, I argued that it was to do with DWYW and nothing to do with 'shading' Katy or whatever. I just think the message of it being a direct manifestation will be lost on the majority, that's all. 

The tweets have the most impact in the US, and Prism won't drop there until the 22nd so it's not on release day for Katy. I think the majority won't see the tweets, they're more for the hardcore/up-to-date fanbase. Trouble-wise, Gaga still has Pigrez and hate blogs up her ass for eating a sandwich the wrong way on a daily basis so it hasn't really gone away. Anyone who would be "offended" by anything Gaga tweeted yesterday almost certainly wouldn't be going to iTunes today to buy DWUW or to preorder ARTPOP regardless of what Gagz tweets.

GMA got this spot on; she's not playing calling out the critics as much as she is saying they're worthless next to what she's accomplished/is accomplishing, but at the same time laughing at herself and the hate that keep getting thrown at her. When Xtina moved into electronica in 2010 there were wars and criticisms at Gaga, when Gaga was touring at the same time as Madonna there were haters, when she releases music the same time Katy Perry chooses to despite announcing her releases before Katy, she gets criticized and compared as a less-successful artist... 

TL;DR Gagz did nothing wrong with these tweets, if nothing else they help convey the more subliminal message of #DWUW

Edited by MonsterMarty

SouthernBlonde

The tweets have the most impact in the US, and Prism won't drop there until the 22nd so it's not on release day for Katy. I think the majority won't see the tweets, they're more for the hardcore/up-to-date fanbase. Trouble-wise, Gaga still has Pigrez and hate blogs up her ass for eating a sandwich the wrong way on a daily basis so it hasn't really gone away. Anyone who would be "offended" by anything Gaga tweeted yesterday almost certainly wouldn't be going to iTunes today to buy DWUW or to preorder ARTPOP regardless of what Gagz tweets.

GMA got this spot on; she's not playing calling out the critics as much as she is saying they're worthless next to what she's accomplished/is accomplishing, but at the same time laughing at herself and the hate that keep getting thrown at her. When Xtina moved into electronica in 2010 there were wars and criticisms at Gaga, when Gaga was touring at the same time as Madonna there were haters, when she releases music the same time Katy Perry chooses to despite announcing her releases before Katy, she gets criticized and compared as a less-successful artist... 

TL;DR Gagz did nothing wrong with these tweets, if nothing else they help convey the more subliminal message of #DWUW

When you put it all that way it becomes a whole clearer and I wasn't aware of the time frame with a lot of those things. Thanks for clearing it up :)

I think as she herself has pointed out, it's become almost fashionable to bait Gaga and criticise her every turn. I was just worried by those tweets because it seemed like everything was getting to her - but you're right, in the context of DWYW she's addressing the criticism in her own way and I just hope it's not effecting her badly. 

Anyways - I'm so glad DWYW is doing so well on iTunes, and I can only hope that Venus is just as well, if not even better received! I'm very excited for the X Factor performance!

MonsterMarty

When you put it all that way it becomes a whole clearer and I wasn't aware of the time frame with a lot of those things. Thanks for clearing it up :)

I think as she herself has pointed out, it's become almost fashionable to bait Gaga and criticise her every turn. I was just worried by those tweets because it seemed like everything was getting to her - but you're right, in the context of DWYW she's addressing the criticism in her own way and I just hope it's not effecting her badly. 

Anyways - I'm so glad DWYW is doing so well on iTunes, and I can only hope that Venus is just as well, if not even better received! I'm very excited for the X Factor performance!

You and me both, sister!