• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Kenon Astro

• GagaMyBlood95

• MonsterOfSpain

• Red

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it when any pop girl says something remotely controversial, there are two equally annoying responses.

One reads as much shade into it as possible, personalizes what isn't directed at any person, and delights in the supposed cattiness. The other group is all "Oh no, they should shut up, not have any opinions or answer back ever."

Same phenomena when Lorde was making comments about trends in song lyrics. 

Edited by craig

I'm not saying she's shading Madonna or Katy or anyone, I'm saying that this "habit" of always reading and watching what people or critics say about is getting old. She's said multiple times she doesn't care and STILL this only shows she actually cares. I really don't see the point. She is successful, beautiful, amazing songwriter and singer. She doesn't need to do this, just shows how insecure she is about everything, opposed to what she stated months ago about how she is a grown woman and doesn't need anyone (including her monsters) to defend her and blablabla. She shouldn't mind what other people say, it creates a barrier between herself and her work, because the limits and prejudices establish barries in the creative process and also creates this "box" in which she says she doesn't want to be put in in pop music. Instead of creating songs and mature statements she still writes about what other people think about. Just grow up and leave the bad thoughts behind. Born This way was the perfect moment to write about the critics (and she did it perfectly in songs like Hair, BTW, Scheisse, bad kids), not ARTPOP which is supposed to be a step further in her artistic directions.

I don't know... I don't buy it. :coffee:

Depends on how you see it, I see it the other way around, with this she is like saying "no matter what, or who attacks me, you'll never hurt me and bring me down"

She focused on all the main hater phrases, the ones that are supposed to hurt her and her fanbase the most, she just rendered those phrases useless, how can anyone look smart ever again, calling her "reductive", when she just proved that it doesn't hurt her.

Very messy... "I write for the music not for the charts". 

Is this why Gaga is tweeting to promote DWUW?  :sick:

What happened to stop the drama, start the music? 

Depends on how you see it, I see it the other way around, with this she is like saying "no matter what, or who attacks me, you'll never hurt me and bring me down"

She focused on all the main hater phrases, the ones that are supposed to hurt her and her fanbase the most, she just rendered those phrases useless, how can anyone look smart ever again, calling her "reductive", when she just proved that it doesn't hurt her.

I sort of agree, by mocking those tired old slanders she makes them less powerful and serious.

She's not fat anymore. Only a moron would believe the dick rumour. The idea that Madonna invented ponytails and every pop girl is copying her is just about as silly. And the Gaga is satanic notion is linked to the crazy Westboro lady.

Edited by craig

rivingtonrebels

I sort of agree, by mocking those tired old slanders she makes them less powerful and serious.

She's not fat anymore. Only a moron would believe the dick rumour. The idea that Madonna invented ponytails and every pop girl is copying her is just about as silly. And the Gaga is satanic idea that linked to the crazy Westboro lady.

You nailed it imo.

Very messy... "I write for the music not for the charts". 

Is this why Gaga is tweeting to promote DWUW?  :sick:

Cause WRITING for the music, doing her own thing artistically, doesn't mean she doesn't care about success or promotion.

Spanish Eyes

In a series of tweets she explained the underlying meaning of DWUW. Good god this woman we stan for.

This. You cannot deny that she has shed a whole new light on that song for us.

Schwerk

That d--gs tweet tho, wtf? She's addicted to weed? I rly dont get it.

Addiction in general is her biggest demon. She seems very addiction prone, wether it is c-----e/alcohol/weed/food/applause/work...it can rule her 'world' sometimes, maybe making her feel like she's not in control. Like her weightstruggle that still haunts her since her teens. She probably worries about one 'addiction' replacing the other or ever falling back into bad habbits. 

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

If she is shading, and if it a promotional ploy set up by her label or someone to gain sales, that would be a sad tactic.  To gain sales in the short term, part of her brand could be damaged ... the brand of being a kind person who doesn't shade.  I don't agree with this tactic, if that is indeed what is going on.  One thing she is admired for is her character.

I live outside the space time continuum.

Why is it when any pop girl says something remotely controversial, there are two equally annoying responses.

One reads as much shade into it as possible, personalizes what isn't directed at any person, and delights in the supposed cattiness. The other group is all "Oh no, they should shut up, not have any opinions or answer back ever."

Same phenomena when Lorde was making comments about trends in song lyrics. 

On the first case there are this group of people trying to stir more drama / material for 'dragging' the other pop girl team (I see this as sport teams looking for some sort of 'receipts' to clapback others when their team doesn't win a game / match expectations etc), and on the other case there's these groups of 'managers' who thinks what a popstar should or shouldn't do with their lives / careers, giving too much importance into the smallest things.

Elizabeth

She's not actually shading people though is she? :dies:

I was shocked to see all those tweets when I did this morning but I like it. It'll be interesting to see the lyrics of the song.