• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swine

• Vernier

• Lips de Jolie

• aaronyoji

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that she needs to work with more professional people.

For example,DJWS, I don't care if he is her friend or whatever because he just CAN'T make hit records

the applause production is so poor for a big pop star like LADY GAGA.

I actually don't understand how she met him when he was a nobody and gave him a full album production

in Born This Way, and now she is doing it AGAIN with ARTPOP.

My only hope for this album are Zedd and Madeon tbh. I hope we don't see DJWS on another album.

Yup, I rly cant @ people who dont see (or their fandom blinds them) gaga's enormous ego. She's so vain its disgusting.

She may take herself seriously, but she's far from disgusting :wtf:

Isn't pop culture itself inherently art, though? Like, you could argue that pop artists have always brought some form of 'art' into pop culture. The only difference is that Gaga is just, like, smearing paint on her face and name dropping various artists (aka Jeff Koons), and proclaiming things about art and pop that most of us already know. Oh, and that she lives for the applause...pretty sure we knew that before too. I know all of that seems rly harsh, but sorry, its just my opinion at the moment. 

You could say that, but no pop star (as of late) is doing it to the extent that Gaga is, and most of them don't even really care about art the way she does. It may seem like she's just smearing paint over her face and name-dropping to you (and there's nothing wrong with feeling that way), but to Gaga herself it really does mean something, and it's pretty evident. There's nothing wrong with her taking that seriously, because it's important to her. Again, you don't have to like it or find any meaning in it, but that doesn't mean it's pointless or even egotistical, because saying it like that kind of tries to invalidate the fact that Gaga can find some food for thought in all of this, and so can many fans... if that makes sense...

Swine was not banned for having a negative opinion. Swine was banned for reaching 10 warning points, of which only 2 were for his activity in this thread. Other members who attacked Swine also got warning points. We aren't taking sides, we are just stopping the fighting.

Oh, and by the way, I can see your IP address rimicarvalho, and it's the same as Swine's. Bye-bye.

Drag 'em. 

I agree with you to an extent. I think she needs to seek professional assistance in an attempt to bring her brilliant ideas to life. Someone with more experience could help guide her and make her work translate better to a wider audience.

If there aren't people who tell her no, and suggest new ways to do something, she COULD develop and egocentric attitude.

totally agree

art doesnt mean deep meanings that we should guess again and again ï¼Å’sometimes simple is more powerful

You spilled so much tea in this sentence I can't even :tea:

She shouldn't listen to her fans who want safe generic crap that GP will like. She should do how she imagined it to be, how she wants ....

she says she want applause and fameï¼Å’win the gp back is the only way to achieve these things she want

if she goes as it now ï¼Å’less and less people will applaud for her

its sounds not cool but its the truth

So basically...what I got... is that you want her to let her managers decide everything so that the GP loves her and she has hit after hit??? This is why i love her, she creates her music and videos the way she wants them. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. Its just part of the creative process. This is what makes it so fun, you never know what she is gonna do. Im sorry you feel that way.  In my personal opinion....lots of fans here want her to be like Katy Perry but have their piece of Gaga cake too. Sorry hunty, doesn't work that way

I totally agree ;)

FrozenKookie

Been a while that I've seen a hit thread in this section, sadly it's another negative **** I've been seeing since Applause. All of them have a damn point but it's really tiring that I'd rather close my brain absorbing bs and called dumb than breathing abysmal ****s and be one of them, or maybe focusing more on the surface rather than just merely digging and enjoying the music.

I'll just enjoy music, that's it. I don't wanna die so early.

Rubber Hunk

Idk, I just honestly think that BTW (the song) was my favourite video.

And Judas' was also amazing.

TEOG I didn't mind so much, I look back on it and say "this makes sense".

You and I, I loved.

And Marry the Night was great, albeit a bit long.

This isn't "fandom" blinding me, this is my honest opinion. I'm not a a stupid blind stan just because I think this, but I honestly see 0 merit in OP's argument. 

soooo this just proves that LMs are never satisfied with what Gagz is doing? :confused:  :noparty:  

and they never will be unfortunately :(

I feel like she's so full of herself and she thinks everything she does is gold and perfect.

Thats because she's an artist :awkney:

Also I don't think she is full of herself

I dont get why this stuff needs to be over a--lyzed like this. Surely you could put this amount of energy into something productive. Why can't you just enjoy her work and if not don't listen to it?

blahblahblahhhh

To the people who are telling the OP to leave, I think you should leave. We all have different opinions. We are only fans and followers of Gaga, we do not worship and praise every single thing that she does. It's okay not to like her work or be dissatisfied with something that she does. I hope the creator of this thread wasn't banned because of this topic...

I completely agree by the way. I loved Bon This Way sonically and there were many beautiful outfits and messages, but the overall execution of the performances and music videos was lacking. She definitely needs to work with professional video directors again, and she needs to bring new faces to the Haus. It's already been said a million times in this thread but she's gotta bring Dada back. Marla is great but his ideas were amazing.

These kinds of posts are so obnoxious. How do you know I LOVE everything she does? Or anyone for that matter? Stop generalizing.

blahblahblahhhh

Yup, I rly cant @ people who dont see (or their fandom blinds them) gaga's enormous ego. She's so vain its disgusting.

But this is nothing new. Every single pop star is vain. And not only popstars - people in general have egos. There are two things you can do about it - you can either accept that or you can stop being a fan. It's really not that difficult. 

People have egos. Wow, what a discovery! (Not aimed at you Kermit, you know I love you :hug: )

shes been the complete opposite of egocentric. songs like MANiCURE, s-x dreams, applause, these are all tame songs that are not gonna create controversy, just so people can look at her in a different light, just so she can please you guys. if anything, she needs to stand her ground with her music more. imo, shes been loose with her backbone, and needs to do what she ****ing set out to do with ARTPOP, instead of trying to please these fans who want her to please the gp by making inconsequential mindless generic pop tunes.... 

oh and also, her team doesnt say yes to everything she does, i dont know where this delusional consensus has come from within this sector of fans who want to blame her for them not liking her creative decisions. inex and vinoodh are better video directors than some of those out there. they have directed videos before and are the best portrait photographers out there. the applause video is hardly dark, its just not an explosion of rainbow color like some grotesque katy video. 

:trootea: :trootea: :trootea: :trootea: :trootea: