• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swine

• Vernier

• Lips de Jolie

• aaronyoji

Top Posters In This Topic

Rudz Xinc

LOL, but you guys are still here, checking latest news, listen to her songs and watch her music videos :roll:

Edited by RudzXinc
Look at those clowns

I hate to beat a dead horse but her videos and performances just haven't been as exciting IMO since Matthew Williams left.i mean how do you go from epic videos like Paparazzi, Telephone, and Bad Romance to the messes that are the videos for BTW, Judas, and the epic fail that was The video for The Edge of Glory. I probably wouldn't be so disappointed if I didn't love the music so much. I just think somewhere along the way Gaga's visuals stopped being equally as well executed as the music.

Edited by brdn08

So basically...what I got... is that you want her to let her managers decide everything so that the GP loves her and she has hit after hit??? This is why i love her, she creates her music and videos the way she wants them. Sometimes they work, and sometimes they don't. Its just part of the creative process. This is what makes it so fun, you never know what she is gonna do. Im sorry you feel that way.  In my personal opinion....lots of fans here want her to be like Katy Perry but have their piece of Gaga cake too. Sorry hunty, doesn't work that way

LOL, but you guys are still here, checking latest news, listen to her songs and watch her music videos :roll:

Just as bad as the haters that go out of their way to start fights and leave negative comments on youtube tbh

ManuelMonsterr

Sometimes you have to take Gaga off of this pedestal you all have her on and really look at stuff in depth.

I feel like some of you guys are so in awe of Gaga and she means SO much to you that you're in denial about stuff like this.

this.. i will not say anything else or ill get banned...

sad

really sad

bobhabanai

applause is a wanna be #1 hit...it has a nice beat and hook, the video was made short by purpose, and she didnt want it to be controversial. btu lets face it its not relatable! katy at least has relatable sinlges (her the one that got away is a masterpiece)

ManuelMonsterr

I do agree with you. Ever since BTW, she's been pretty full of herself, and on her high horse about her "artistry" and "creativity", and how she's "every icon", etc. She's always making these huge proclamations ("I am every icon"), and then it's kind of awkward, cuz no one else but her is saying these kinds of things (minus a lot of crazy fans). We all know she's talented, and she knows she's talented. It'd just be nice if she was more modest about it (And let's be honest, she is NOT modest anymore - she once was.) The lyrics, "One second I'm in Koons, then suddenly the Koons is me / Pop culture was in art, now art's in pop culture in me" is pretty much a validation of the fact that she's lost her modesty. I mean, she's literally calling herself Jeff Koons, and saying that art is in pop culture, IN her. Applause is lyrically a fine song, minus that little cringe-worthy segment. I honestly doubt that the Gaga of 3/4 years ago is ever coming back. She's definitely a radically different person. That being said, I'm still interesting in hearing what she's cooking up on ARTPOP. Let's just hope most of it isn't pretentious gibberish. 

Marry me

ManuelMonsterr

I just had a few points to add. I love pop music and I love it that a song can universally connect and be enjoyed by everybody. The people who pretty much invented the current pop music model consistently released songs that were enjoyable to people, they rarely had misses or flops. I judge pop music by how it makes me feel; does it excite me? Make me want to dance? Move me? Make me cry? How does it express that particular feeling and how strong is the connection I and other people have to it? That's why 21 ruled for a year.

Artists like MJ, Queen, ABBA and Madonna had the ability to critique and self-edit their own work. They could view it with fresh eyes as if it wasn't them who created it. They could examine it from different perspectives other than their own; through the eyes and ears of the regular radio listener, passionate fan, pop music aficionado, young, old, etc. and edit in a way so no one can be left out of the enjoyment. That's why they were trusted to do whatever they want because they didn't really need anybody else to make quality music, hell they knew better than the people they were working for. The fact is though what they did is also considered art. It's personal, emotional, and expresses a feeling or idea of their own. You can make music that connects to people while it still being art. Forget the sales and charts it's more about how many people you can entertain and make happy with your music.

With that in mind I have been dissatisfied with Gaga since The Fame Monster. It's not like I was a fair-weather fan either. I heard her radio songs and thought "Wow she actually sings, not the lazy sing-speech which was pretty much every other song on the radio at the time". I watched Paparazzi VMA, Bad Romance on Jay Leno and instantly bought tickets to The Monster Ball and followed her daily ever since. Those two performances were ground-breaking and inspired me for a long time, hell half my youtube channel is Gaga related projects. I thought there was something really special going on and that she could resurrect the fun and hype of the pop masters. The music was energetic and expressive/emotional and easy to connect too. I thought she had the ability to self-edit her work and create it in a way that it communicates her feeling and ideas clearly while also being able to be universally enjoyed. She hasn't done that for a long time though. Over half of the tracks on Born This Way left me numb, very few made me feel anything strongly. I don't know if she's just over-worked or suffering from anxiety but she hasn't been focused or clear the past few years. The things she say don't make sense or contradict other things she says. The music and videos don't seem to communicate or express any singular idea or feeling. This is excluding Marry The Night song and video, Applause Video and the Itunes festival which were excellent. Aside from those projects I haven't been inspired by her or deeply moved in a long time. It's not about sales or dumbing yourself down it's about creating work that communicates your feelings or ideas so clearly and strongly anybody can understand and enjoy. I think if you put the importance of your own ideas and self-expression over the enjoyment and connection of the audience you shouldn't be doing pop music. I hope her work improves and that she regains her focus and is able to communicate herself better. I really liked the Itunes fest so I hope it's a preview of things to come.

Basically I fell in love with Gaga because she moved me deeply with her music and performances but there was a while there where she wasn't doing that at all. I think it's important to remember if you are an artist, entertainer, etc. your calling is to move people, make them feel strongly, make them happy, make them think, etc. It's not about you but you using your gifts to help and lift others(in one way she never forgot to do it with her fan hangouts).

She is like another different person, i miss the strong b---h who didnt gave a ****.

lairofhk

God forbid Gaga wants to try different things throughout her career and not stick to the same old same old methods used by popstars since the beginning of time. She does work with a wide range of people and I'm damn sure they aren't all 'yes men'. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean she's an ecomaniac who doesn't listen to anything people tell her.

It's beyond about just not liking something...it's about being able to like her and connect to her as a person, and feel emotion and passion, etc. That's why I fell in love with her initially. Idk, she's just become much harder to connect to. Of course I still a dmire her, and will always do so. She's just made it difficult for me to like her like I once did. 

wiltedbliss

shes been the complete opposite of egocentric. songs like MANiCURE, s-x dreams, applause, these are all tame songs that are not gonna create controversy, just so people can look at her in a different light, just so she can please you guys. if anything, she needs to stand her ground with her music more. imo, shes been loose with her backbone, and needs to do what she ****ing set out to do with ARTPOP, instead of trying to please these fans who want her to please the gp by making inconsequential mindless generic pop tunes....

oh and also, her team doesnt say yes to everything she does, i dont know where this delusional consensus has come from within this sector of fans who want to blame her for them not liking her creative decisions. inex and vinoodh are better video directors than some of those out there. they have directed videos before and are the best portrait photographers out there. the applause video is hardly dark, its just not an explosion of rainbow color like some grotesque katy video.

To the people who are telling the OP to leave, I think you should leave. We all have different opinions. We are only fans and followers of Gaga, we do not worship and praise every single thing that she does. It's okay not to like her work or be dissatisfied with something that she does. I hope the creator of this thread wasn't banned because of this topic...

I completely agree by the way. I loved Bon This Way sonically and there were many beautiful outfits and messages, but the overall execution of the performances and music videos was lacking. She definitely needs to work with professional video directors again, and she needs to bring new faces to the Haus. It's already been said a million times in this thread but she's gotta bring Dada back. Marla is great but his ideas were amazing.