Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's egocentrism is turning me off and making her "flop"

Swine

Featured Posts

I agree with you, except maybe with the "egocentric" part. Maybe that's what it is, or maybe her creative vision is just vastly different from what a lot of us want and expect from her.

Alejandro was the first video she made that I, for the most part, didn't like. It was too dark for the song and the Catholic imagery was unwarranted and overused in pop music. Everything else on TF and TFM I loved- Bad Romance was perfection. This is where I agree with you. I look back at videos like Paparazzi and I miss it so much- they were true pop videos that were so seamlessly and epically done, I just don't get why she doesn't want to get professional directors and do this again.

Marry The Night was a prime example to me. I loved the narrative and the idea of looking at the past in an artistic way, however it seemed that she had so many ideas going on with it, so many things to display and get across, that they just didn't mesh into a cohesive whole. I was very disappointed, because I think that if it just had some better direction, it could've been the best of her career.

As far as Applause is concerned, I liked the video. It's actually the best video she's made in a long time, imo. But I agree that it could have been a lot more. I don't see how it reminds everyone of Just Dance, though. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her other singles.

Edited by Ghost

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swine

• Vernier

• Lips de Jolie

• aaronyoji

Top Posters In This Topic

Rubber Hunk

Last time I checked it was her career and if she's happy about how something turns out, at the end of the day, it's on HER.

And to go as far as call it egocentricism?

tumblr_mhx6ds3Kpl1ql5yr7o2_250.gif

[aggressively hums marry the night]

Edited by Rubber Hunk

Why not just say Gaga needs to work on making her ideas more clear and cohesive?

Is she not smart enough to learn from experience?

Alejandro video was the worst miss-mash, despite the "professional director." 

A pro could end up adding more chaotic ideas to the mess.

Or we could get a confused mess of Gaga's ideas and his ideas.

That's why she needs to work with good directors. Alejandro was a mess. Part of being an artist/pop star is knowing who to collaborate with. I don't really want to drag this in, but that's why Madonna has been so successful. She always knew her limits, and knew when it was time to bring in certain professionals, whether it be for music videos or just music production in general. I'm optimistic that this era will be planned out smoothly though.

Edited by Kevbev

Wheelieben

Of course she is pretentious. It just comes with the title of being a transcendental pop star. You think Madonna wasn't pretentious? Or Michael Jackson? She has to be egotistical because everyone in the world is trying to tear her down. And she has also earned the right. She revolutionized pop music. Everyone emulates her whether they admit it or not, the few years before gaga music videos were bland and there was no creativity in the industry. She didn't create the boundary pushing controversial pop star but she perfected it

OK let's try one more time to show what Gaga's been trying to show us:

There are two kinds of pop artists.

The ones created by the media and for the media, the the independent ones.

The first kind focuses on delivering the public what the public wants. They have music as their profession, it's what makes them earn money, and they do it very well.

The second kind makes music because they are passionate about it. Their success came as a consequence of it, but it has never been the MAIN GOAL of their lives to be successful. Therefore, even after the fame, they just cling to their passion and continue making whatever they feel is right and good art. They are their own judges. Artists know when their work isn't good, and they are, by nature, perfectionists and tough on self-criticism.

Now tell me if you may, from interviews, performances, song lyrics and what we know about her, which do you believe Gaga is?

This one gets it ^

Gaga is a victim of her own mind. Her problem is the same problem many people with a very generous amount of ambition seem to have: Focus. I understand that she likes variation in art and she gets bored very quickly (lets face it, she's an Aries. I'm an Aries too and we're made to be a bit messy), but her attempts often comes across as confusing to the outsiders looking in because there isn't too much consistency in the core of her work at this point.

It helped when she worked with industry heavy hitters because they were able to sync Gaga's often changing perception of her art and persona and no one has truly been able to do that for her in a while. This photoshoot for ARTPOP with Inez and Vinoodh is easily the most complicated pieces of work in her catalog. I know if i find it confusing, the casual fan is dumbfounded as to what she's supposed to accomplish with her photographs from this era so far.

Edited by Zae

Wheelieben

Gaga is a victim of her own mind. Her problem is the same problem many people with a very generous amount of ambition seem to have: Focus. I understand that she likes variation in art and she gets bored very quickly (lets face it, she's an Aries. I'm an Aries too and we're made to be a bit messy), but her attempts often comes across as confusing to the outsiders looking in because there isn't too much consistency in the core of her work at this point.

It helped when she worked with industry heavy hitters because they were album to sync Gaga's often changing perception of her art and persona and no one has truly been able to do that for her in a while. This photoshoot for ARTPOP with Inez and Vinoodh is easily the most complicated pieces of work in her catalog. I know if i find it confusing, the casual fan is dumbfounded as to what she's supposed to accomplish with her photographs from this era so far.

ADHDga

Elizabeth

God forbid Gaga wants to try different things throughout her career and not stick to the same old same old methods used by popstars since the beginning of time. She does work with a wide range of people and I'm damn sure they aren't all 'yes men'. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean she's an ecomaniac who doesn't listen to anything people tell her.

lairofhk

Well, I guess it was made for me, then. I'm not going to characterize myself. I'll just say that I loved it, and she did communicate to me.

gaga4.jpg

No.

The Applause video says otherwise.

stARTstruck

You're so true.

She's so over-reliant on her own thoughts and confusing processes and lately it just hasn't been translating into anything 'edible' for the fans or GP, and I suppose some fans kid themselves into thinking it's spectacular when in fact it's messy.

She has some amazing ideas, but she doesn't necessarily execute them in the correct way. That's why TF/TFM was so special, because they were executed by professionals.

THIS!  :tea:

Kermit the frog

Yup, I rly cant @ people who dont see (or their fandom blinds them) gaga's enormous ego. She's so vain its disgusting.

Edited by Kermit the frog