Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's egocentrism is turning me off and making her "flop"

Swine

Featured Posts

ryhanna

I remember when Gaga worked with established producers such as Dark Child (who has produced for Michael Jackson, Beyonce etc.) and experienced music video directors such as Francis Lawrence (has directed for Britney Spears, ***Cat Dolls etc.)

seria2.png

I do miss the days when Gaga worked with those people, but oh well. 

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swine

• Vernier

• Lips de Jolie

• aaronyoji

Top Posters In This Topic

Lips de Jolie

She asked us to pick between Sex Dreams and MANiCURE for the second single. What are you talking about? :wtf:

Nope, she had two Twitter polls going on.

seria2.png

Vernier

So and if you will be baned too just to say that? come on, and help. Don't you understand that THOSO MODERATORS baned him? PLEASE

Well yeah if I was banned, I'd send my minion to pm the mods instead of sending him to spam threads SCREAMING ABOUT HOW UNFAIR IT IS

Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn

Mr Ricky

The fact that she asked us to choose between Aura and Swine for the second single when both songs would NEVER work on the charts. I wonder if she just wanted to know which song people liked more or if she and her team have truly lost it.

seria2.png

Funny how you judge songs already which hasn't even been released as a single yet. Let alone the album version, which isn't as near as the iTunes version. Oh and I bet you will judge the titles as controversy to the GP. No controversy at all when it comes to the titles. 

seria2.png

Crossfit

giskardsb

Everyone has a right to share an opinion, or not? Even if it's against the mods. They have to accept.

This is a privately run forum.  There are rules agreed to when you join.  There is a difference between "stating an opinion" and being belligerent.

OK let's try one more time to show what Gaga's been trying to show us:

There are two kinds of pop artists.

The ones created by the media and for the media, the the independent ones.

The first kind focuses on delivering the public what the public wants. They have music as their profession, it's what makes them earn money, and they do it very well.

The second kind makes music because they are passionate about it. Their success came as a consequence of it, but it has never been the MAIN GOAL of their lives to be successful. Therefore, even after the fame, they just cling to their passion and continue making whatever they feel is right and good art. They are their own judges. Artists know when their work isn't good, and they are, by nature, perfectionists and tough on self-criticism.

Now tell me if you may, from interviews, performances, song lyrics and what we know about her, which do you believe Gaga is?

Lips de Jolie

I do miss the days when Gaga worked with those people, but oh well.

Everyone does. Hence why she's gone from being the #1 pop star in the world to opening with Demi Lovato numbers with her lead single.

seria2.png

Edited by Lips de Jolie

yes, but she did this for a whole ton of people in the BTW era, even more so than in her previous era's IMO, even if not for you.   She didn't turn her back on any of those things, she just went to themes you didn't relate to.

I'm a gay little monster who loves music, art and pop music. If she failed to communicate to me than I honesty have no idea who that album was made for.

So and if you will be baned too just to say that? come on, and help. Don't you understand that THOSO MODERATORS baned him? PLEASE

Swine was not banned for having a negative opinion. Swine was banned for reaching 10 warning points, of which only 2 were for his activity in this thread. Other members who attacked Swine also got warning points. We aren't taking sides, we are just stopping the fighting.

Oh, and by the way, I can see your IP address rimicarvalho, and it's the same as Swine's. Bye-bye.

lairofhk

she was never modest. if you think she was modest about her work earlier one, you are the delusional one, not her. her fame/fame monster days was her peak of heralding her work for a lot more than it was. i could easily pick handfuls of interviews where she calls what she does as "art installation" and "pop performance art" and "inspired by the avant garde" and yet while shes spewing this, her current songs where number one hits about disco sticks and frat parties. like no. she was not modest at all. at least her work now has the platform to live up to that, but now fans like you are stiffening her into thinking talking about her creativity is annoying. its not. i like to know what inspired her work, i like knowing her thought process, i like knowing how she views her work, its her work for cryin out loud. the only one making it seem like gaga has changed is you guys. she hasnt. shes evolved, 

She was much more tongue-in-cheek before. Now she's taking herself far too seriously. 

lairofhk

That's not her trying to say she's some kind of deity though. That's her taking pride in her work. I'm pretty sure the "icon" statement wasn't even meant in that sense, but rather in her "shape-shifting" ability and also in reference to the homages in the V mag covers.. Also, the Koons/pop culture line is in a way just a true statement; she is the one bringing art into pop culture at the moment. There's nothing wrong or even arrogant about acknowledging that imo :shrug: It doesn't mean she thinks she's the second coming of Jesus.

Anyway, as far as I can remember, she has always talked about art and creativity. It clearly means something to her, so I don't necessarily see how it's pretentious...

Isn't pop culture itself inherently art, though? Like, you could argue that pop artists have always brought some form of 'art' into pop culture. The only difference is that Gaga is just, like, smearing paint on her face and name dropping various artists (aka Jeff Koons), and proclaiming things about art and pop that most of us already know. Oh, and that she lives for the applause...pretty sure we knew that before too. I know all of that seems rly harsh, but sorry, its just my opinion at the moment. 

I'm a gay little monster who loves music, art and pop music. If she failed to communicate to me than I honesty have no idea who that album was made for.

Well, I guess it was made for me, then. I'm not going to characterize myself. I'll just say that I loved it, and she did communicate to me.

She was much more tongue-in-cheek before. Now she's taking herself far too seriously.

gaga4.jpg

No.

Edited by Nemo