💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Gaga's egocentrism is turning me off and making her "flop"

Swine

Featured Posts

Wrecking Ball was directed by a photog and turned out really well, so I'm not sure what your point is with that

WB's video is simple. Applause's isn't because it's full of ideas (because of her and because the directors couldn't tell her to stop, probably).

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Swine

• Vernier

• Lips de Jolie

• Optimus

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrecking Ball was directed by a photog and turned out really well, so I'm not sure what your point is with that

Wrecking ball turned out really well because Miley got naked and licked a hammer tho. Kind of what you can expect from that perve-Terry.

Why do you care if you stuff is "edible" for the GP? Also I think most fans are liking what Gaga is doing. You can't speak for everyone.

You're so true.

She's so over-reliant on her own thoughts and confusing processes and lately it just hasn't been translating into anything 'edible' for the fans or GP, and I suppose some fans kid themselves into thinking it's spectacular when in fact it's messy.

She has some amazing ideas, but she doesn't necessarily execute them in the correct way. That's why TF/TFM was so special, because they were executed by professionals.

Der Meister

Don't judge me, please, this is just my opinion.

But I found myself thinking about the whole Applause drama, and Born This Way's lack of appeal, and etc, and I feel like it's all her fault. I feel like she's so full of herself and she thinks everything she does is gold and perfect, when in fact she needs a lot of professional help to make her ideas and creativity work.

Let's focus on Applause. I love the song, even though it's not an obvious hit. But I was like: "okay, this is as good as Just Dance, and if Just Dance worked, Applause has a chance to work as well (even tho the lyrics are far from relatable)". But then comes the VMA's performance. Don't get me wrong, I love that performance, but it left so much potential to explore. It's fun and happy, but it's not... epic, remarkable? And you don't need to be shocking to look cool again. The Brit Awards performance just came to mind. How does this relate to the title of the thread? It does because I feel like she feels that the Haus is perfect, when in fact it fails on so many levels, and she just doesn't search for professional help...

And then comes that awful, super dark, all over the place, poorly directed video. I can't stress how much I've been hating Gaga videos since The Fame Monster. And once again, I feel like they all "flop" because she's so full of herself and of her artistry that she doesn't want a PROFESSIONAL DIRECTOR (NOT PHOTOGRAPHERS who are her friends and will say yes to anything she asks for without even thinking if it will work or not) to film it. She NEEDS help, she needs someone to translate her ideas in a comprehensible, relatable way and, most of all, to stop her and tell her "no, this won't work".

And that's it, basically. I'm just praying for her to wake up and see that all these flaws are kind of ruining her own success. Now I don't mean to tell you that I feel like everything is bad to me. I loved most of the songs she presented at the iTunes Festival and for the first time in a long long time, I felt like she still has the potential to be the best Gaga she once was - and I felt that with the ARTPOP (song) performance.

I second that.

I feel the same way, sadly.

shes been the complete opposite of egocentric. songs like MANiCURE, s-x dreams, applause, these are all tame songs that are not gonna create controversy, just so people can look at her in a different light, just so she can please you guys. if anything, she needs to stand her ground with her music more. imo, shes been loose with her backbone, and needs to do what she ****ing set out to do with ARTPOP, instead of trying to please these fans who want her to please the gp by making inconsequential mindless generic pop tunes.... 

I get your point (I've said it too in a thread), but I never said what you said in that last part.

shes been the complete opposite of egocentric. songs like MANiCURE, s-x dreams, applause, these are all tame songs that are not gonna create controversy, just so people can look at her in a different light, just so she can please you guys. if anything, she needs to stand her ground with her music more. imo, shes been loose with her backbone, and needs to do what she ****ing set out to do with ARTPOP, instead of trying to please these fans who want her to please the gp by making inconsequential mindless generic pop tunes.... 

but she's made some "generic pop tunes" lately, hasn't she?   and seems she's ok with it... anyway. Who really cares? It's all up to her what she does, I see no point of discussing her "fading" 1000 times per day.

Jeff Kunst

I'd rather see what her and her team come up with than what she hires someone else to do, even if that means the end result is not as slick and glossy as whatever soulless garbage other pop stars are peddling.

In the long run her legacy will show that she wasn't happy just hiring others to do the work, she wanted to be hands-on with all aspects of her art and to push herself to learn new things (like color balancing the Applause video herself, for example). That will separate her from whoever is the temporary "it girl" of the moment and will win her a lot of respect in the long run, just like the comedian Louis C.K. is so respected for taking control over almost every aspect of his current television show even if  that means the end result is rough around the edges in some ways.

*Somewhat agree I guess,Applause could have easily been her best video to date if it was more professionally directed,filmed and edited,the set and the theme&outfits were just pure gold that went to waste.

RAMROD

I think you mistaken her confidence and visions as something negative.

We must remember she cannot please everyone.

And how she was akways belive that her fans fighting for and believe in her art.

You can't say thing like this in an open forum and not expecting one or two bad or even terrubly nasty response.

I mean, you even going to get some if you write it in your own blog or websites.

But it is good that you did this.

At least it could help you to exhale a little.

Stay positive. Keep the faith.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

dontbesweet

Why do you care if you stuff is "edible" for the GP? Also I think most fans are liking what Gaga is doing. You can't speak for everyone.

If it's not 'edible' for the general public Gaga won't be staying around for too much longer. She has to have some form of mass-appeal.

I'm not speaking for everybody; but I'm pretty sure I'm speaking for a fair majority of people.

Weasel

I do feel like she works too much with close friends and needs to work with new people. I'm glad she worked with Madeon and Zedd, but I need more. 

However, the music should be able to sell itself, without 30 performances. 

But I found myself thinking about the whole Applause drama

What?

You mean the fan meltdowns or?

I wasn't aware of any Applause drama that wasn't invented by fans.

Just because you don't like what she's doing doesn't mean they are factually poor in quality (you stated that it was your opinion, and it is, but the way you speak about it makes it come across that way), and she isn't egocentric just because she's proud of her work.

Edited by Cellie