Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
video

DL: Gaga's Music Videos, Highest Quality from VEVO.com

dy2light

Featured Posts

Kim Kardashian

Oh, sure! no problem :) (I can't guarantee I'll always be able to do it right away, though haha)

It's ok. :kisses:

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Kim Kardashian

When you have time please do Aura (Lyric Video)

make sure you quote me so I get a notification! THAAAAAAAAAANKS! :excited2:

Shop SKIMS & SKKN BY KIM online! The Kardashians streaming now on Hulu and Disney+!

When you have time please do Aura (Lyric Video)

make sure you quote me so I get a notification! THAAAAAAAAAANKS! :excited2:

I was literally just in the process of doing that! :)

DONE! Check the folder titled OTHER.

Kim Kardashian

I was literally just in the process of doing that! :)

DONE! Check the folder titled OTHER.

ÃŽâ„¢ LOVE YOU!

So I know I've already posted two different tutorials for getting videos from VEVO. But I have a third one that's even better, because it will work regardless of how strong your internet connection is. (as long as it's a working internet connection, it's fine.)

Programs required:
1. Wireshark (to capture the necessary components of the request URL)
2. FFmpeg (to download the video)

Step 0: Open a new text document! This way you can copy/paste things from here. TextEdit (Mac) or Notepad (Windows) or any text program will work just fine. Or use Pages or Microsoft Word or anything really.

Step 0a (Only for those with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion):

If on a Mac with Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or later, then you'll need to download XQuartz to act as X11, which is necessary only for the Mac version. You'll want to open Wireshark from XQuartz the first time. Once Wireshark has been successfully opened, it can be opened in the future simply by clicking / double-clicking the Wireshark application icon.

Step 1: Capture the correct URL requests with Wireshark!

Step 1a: Quit your internet browser, so that any and all temporary data are deleted. Then open Wireshark.

Step 1b: In Wireshark, under Interfaces, select Wi-Fi or Airport or whatever is your internet connection interface that you use (if unsure which one, just select all interfaces). Then start a new live capture. Now go to your desired video on vevo.com. Wait for any pre-video ads to finish. Once the video itself actually starts playing, you can stop the live capture in Wireshark.

Now, in Wireshark, select (from the menubar) Edit --> Find Packet… In the window that pops up, select String, and select packet details. Then type in the box ".smil" (without the quotes). It will go to the first result with this in the description. You'll want to go to the second result, however, by pressing Ctrl+N, or Edit --> Find Next. The second result will pop up. There should be a Hypertext Transfer Protocol thingy highlighted in blue in the lower box in the Wireshark window. Expand this, and scroll down until you see "Full Request URI" and a URL of some sort, in blue underlined font like a URL on a webpage might be. Double click it. You should have just downloaded a .SMIL file. Use Notepad or TextEdit (or any text-editing program) to open this.

Step 2: Assemble the right URL for download!

You'll see something like THIS:

<smil xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2001/SMIL20/Language">
  <head>

</head>
  <body>
    <switch>
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_564k_512x288_x264_500_quicktime_64.mp4" system-bitrate="564000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_864k_512x288_x264_800_quicktime_64.mp4" system-bitrate="864000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_1328k_768x432_x264_1200_quicktime_128.mp4" system-bitrate="1328000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_1728k_768x432_x264_1600_quicktime_128.mp4" system-bitrate="1728000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_2528k_1280x720_x264_2400_quicktime_128.mp4" system-bitrate="2528000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_3328k_1280x720_x264_3200_quicktime_128.mp4" system-bitrate="3328000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_4392k_1920x1080_x264_4200_quicktime_192.mp4" system-bitrate="4392000" />
      <video src="mp4:/Video/V2/SMIL/USUV71301730/usuv71301730_5392k_1920x1080_x264_5200_quicktime_192.mp4" system-bitrate="5392000" />
    </switch>
  </body>
</smil>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

Step 3: Download the video with FFmpeg!

Open your computer's command line program (Terminal for Mac, or Command Prompt for Windows). Find the ffmpeg program file that you downloaded, and drag and drop into the command line window (this works for Terminal. Not exactly sure about Command Prompt, though). Type the following:

-i "" -c copy [name.mp4]

(in place of , paste in the assembled URL from the text document, and in place of [name.mp4], type in the desired filename (WITH .mp4 extension!)). It will take a minute or two or five or whatever to fully download. Once it actually stops generating lines of text, it's done. Go to your home folder (on Mac, it's the folder titled with your username). You'll find the video file there. Move it wherever you'd like. DONE!

You have the video direct from VEVO now! Play it or do whatever you want with it :)

P.S. Should I perhaps just make a new thread with this tutorial???

The rest of Step 2 (this for some reason wouldn't save into the post):

Now, here is where we find the components for our URL for download. First, on the fourth line there should be somthing that says "rtmp :/ / vevoodfs .fplive. net/ vevood" (take out the spaces though). Copy that, and paste it into your new text document you opened earlier. This is essentially the internet location of where the VEVO streams are stored. Now we have to determine which particular stream we want. See how there's a whole bunch of options starting with video src="mp4:/  ? These are the different streams that are available for the video. They all have different bitrates, and therefore different file sizes. Typically, there will be two options per resolution (e.g. 1280x720 or 1920x1080) in this list, with varying bitrates. If you want the absolute highest quality video, you'll want to take note of the very bottom option in the list. Copy starting from "/Video/V2/SMIL" and ending at ".mp4". Paste that to the end of what you pasted into your other text document. This is the URL you need.

Kim Kardashian

ÃŽ¤hank you for that. I'll try it when VEVO.com becomes available in Greece.

• 2 weeks later...
Interlude

Bad Romance has been uploaded in 1080p

Unfortunately it's not Full HD but it's an improvement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

I'm unable to check if it's available on VEVO though

#BlackLivesMatter #TransLivesMatter - You let down members of the community and forced us out.

Bad Romance has been uploaded in 1080p

Unfortunately it's not Full HD but it's an improvement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

I'm unable to check if it's available on VEVO though

Bad Romance as it ACTUALLY is/was, and not this upscaled version, is still available on VEVO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ChicaSkas unpinned this topic

Archived