💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

'Applause' outperforming 'Born This Way' at this point in US

Americano

Featured Posts

Americano

7bd08f80-eb07-0130-ae8b-4ad24e045538.png

Fun Fact:

In the US, Applause's 5th week of digital sales of 184,000 were bigger than Born This Way's sales of 176,000.

Do you think Applause is just connecting better, or is it luck? Discuss. :nails:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brainiac

I definitely don't think it's luck. The song is just better than Born This Way and people are more quick to purchase it.

Gaga is Life

Applause seems to grow on people which equals longevity I think. Born This Way seemed to die down pretty quickly once it started to lose popularity.

I think it's because BTW was so front-loaded that it exploded when it came out and then rapidly declined. Applause on the other hand has been stable for the past 5 weeks :clap: which is awesome.

Der Meister

Didnt Born This Well sell 1 million at its first week? Applause has been out for 5 and its not even there yet.

Batwings

I said from the beginning that "Applause" wouldn't be a runaway hit, but that it would likely have better longevity -- which, in the long run, is better. It's definitely a grower.

Hah, interesting to see. Applause is already doing very well for a VEVO vid of Gaga's too; it's already the #2 most liked vid of hers and is past Marry the Night. Wait, scratch that last part, that isn't hard to do. 

俺の勝利は揺るぎない

• Mills locked this topic

Archived